Image and video hosting by TinyPic

seyscheapchinese.com/]Discount Jerseys[/url] [url=

in
Über uns
20.09.2018 11:45
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Seeking an offensive spark for a team mired in last place and dogged by injuries, the Los Angeles Dodgers are turning to prized prospect Yasiel Puig. The Cuban defector was called up on Monday from Double-A Chattanooga, where he hit .313 with eight homers, 37 RBIs and 13 steals in 40 games. His batting average and a .599 slugging percentage led the Southern League. "Its exciting," manager Don Mattingly said. "He has a chance to give you some energy." The 22-year-old outfielder batted leadoff, singling to centre field in his major league debut. He wasnt on base long, with Nick Punto grounding into a double play. Puig played right field, with Andre Ethier moving to centre in place of injured Matt Kemp, who is on the disabled list with a strained hamstring. Left fielder Carl Crawford went on the DL on Monday with a strained hamstring. "I was really excited," Puig said through a translator about his reaction to being called up. "I want to help the Dodgers win and fight the battle." Puig takes the roster spot of right-hander Matt Magill, who was returned to the minors following a spot start on Sunday. Los Angeles also promoted Stephen Fife from Triple-A Albuquerque, and he started Monday night against San Diego in place of Chris Capuano. Puig signed a $42 million, seven-year contract with the Dodgers last June. He showed signs of living up to the hype in spring training, hitting .517 with three homers and 11 RBIs in 27 games before he was sent to the minors. With Crawford, Kemp and Ethier starting, there wasnt going to be playing time for Puig. Now with two-thirds of the outfield hurt, thats no longer a problem. "We all got a chance to see what he could do in spring training. If it can be anything like that it could be fun to watch," Mattingly said. "Were going to have a guy that possibly makes some mistakes. If he does, hopefully he doesnt make the same mistake twice." Mattingly compared Puig to former major leaguer Bo Jackson because the 6-foot-3, 245-pounders body reminds him of an NFL running back. "He does so many things," the manager said, citing Puigs "raw speed, power, energy." Dodgers fans arent the only ones curious about Puig. "Hes very talented. Hes got a lot of tools," San Diego Padres manager Bud Black said before Monday nights game. "Hes got some power, hes got some speed, he has a good throwing arm. It looks like he can hit." Whether Puig plays well enough to stick around or this becomes nothing more than a brief taste of the majors remains to be seen. The Dodgers will be looking for evidence of maturity on the part of Puig, who was arrested in April for driving 97 mph in a 50-mph zone in Chattanooga, Tenn. "Theyve had plenty of people talk to him about it," Mattingly said. Mattingly wonders how Puig will react if he struggles against big league pitching. "The difference between the minors and majors is adjustments," Mattingly said. "The guys who can make them seem to stick." Mattingly mentioned Puigs confidence as one of his attributes, and the centre fielder had it on display. "Finally made it to the major leagues," he said. "I know I can help the team play." Gonzalo Higuain Jersey . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Andrea Barzagli Jersey . Louis Blues teammates who would also be participating in the Olympics, Alex Pietrangelo felt right at home, no different in some ways to the travel experience of any old road trip – save for the length of the journey, that is. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Giorgio-Chiellini-Jersey/ .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. Mattia Perin Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. Blank Jersey . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. MANCHESTER, England -- It has been another fraught, headline-grabbing spell away with Englands national team for Wayne Rooney.Once again, Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho must pick up the pieces.Rooney is back under Uniteds control after having been forced to apologize for some late-night revelry while on England duty, when he was pictured -- in his England training gear -- looking bleary-eyed at a wedding reception at the team hotel on Saturday.Rooney was criticized by the English Football Associations chief executive, Martin Glenn, for not setting the right tone as England captain, and the strikers conduct has sparked a fresh wave of negative publicity toward a player who has shown erratic behavior on and off the field earlier in his career.Mourinho said Rooney has been hurt by the negativity toward him.Even if you have or if you build a kind of wall around you to try to feel protected from what people write about you or think about you, the comments people make about you, the wall has always points of fragility, Mourinho said. It has always some little holes.And we are not still, we are flesh and blood. So I think it has an effect.Mourinho must be starting to dread Rooney going away with the national team. Two months ago, the United manager said Rooney came back from England duty a different person than when he left after fierce media criticism that he received after his performance in a World Cup qualifying match against Slovakia.Honestly, I think there was a Wayne before the Slovakia-England and a Wayne after Slovakia-England, Mourinho said at the time.Now, Mourinho faces another fight to get Rooney mentally right,, at a time when the striker had got his place back in both Uniteds and Englands team after a spell of poor form.ddddddddddddSometimes (players) come back stronger than when they left us because something positive happens there -- good performances, good results, Mourinho said. Other times, injuries, sometimes big injuries. Other times frustrations because they didnt play, because the result was bad.In this case we know what didnt go well, but the national team is a different chapter and a chapter that is closed now until March.Mourinho suggested that the England management take better care of Rooney next time he is away with the national team. There were reports in the British media that Mourinho felt let down by the FA for allowing Rooney to stay up late and drink alcohol.I learned since I was a kid, if someone lends me something, I have to take care even better than if it was mine, Mourinho said. You know, your friend lent you a pencil, you have to take care of the pencil better than if it was your pencil.So I think when one day if I become a national-team manager, I will try -- try, I am not saying that I will be successful on that -- ... to build something to protect what is not yours.Mourinho also said he feels Rooney has been unfairly singled out for criticism.If you go one by one to see where these 23 (England) players were, the Portuguese coach added, some of them were in worse places than the hotel bar.Rooneys first game back for United is against Arsenal in the Premier League on Saturday. Cheap Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Stitched Jerseys Discount Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys 2019 Black China NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen