Image and video hosting by TinyPic

e McCarthy placed on him last week.The G

in
Über uns
21.09.2018 17:04
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

The first time I ever played against Ashleigh Johnson was at a tournament in Florida when I was about 12 years old. Ashleigh was a goalie and I noticed her right away. She was incredible, getting out to her legs like no one I had ever seen. I remember getting super competitive trying to score on her, even trying to match how high she got out of the water. My team ended up winning, but I never forgot how talented Ashleigh was.Years later, when Ashleigh began training with us on the U.S. womens water polo team, I knew for a fact this was where she belonged. At the time, Ashleighs main focus was simply on making the team, not history. She was just going out there to do her thing and trying to achieve her dream. She never thought of herself as different.In reality, Ashleigh did stand out. First off, all of the women on our national team are from California and competed in college there as well. Ashleigh is from Florida and goes to Princeton. Moreover, she is the best goalie in the world, and considerably the best player in the world.I can tell you from experience that finding an opening to score on Ashleigh is difficult because, unlike most goalies, she plays with an attacking mentality. Most goalies have a defensive mentality whereas Ashleigh attacks the ball. Shell leave her cage to anticipate the steal and often dares opponents to shoot against her. When a shot flies past me, Im already swimming to offense because I know Ashleigh will block it.Ashleigh is changing the way water polo is being played. Of course, shes changing the game in other ways, too. She is the first African-American woman ever to play on the U.S. womens water polo team, and was instrumental in winning the second straight gold medal for our program at the Olympics this past summer in Rio.In the last couple of years, Ashleigh has recognized a door was opened for her to be a role model, and she hasnt shied away from walking through it.I remember a team meeting during our training for the Olympics in which we talked about female empowerment. Ashleigh spoke about the impact she could have on others, both in and out of our sport. She said that growing up she never had anyone like herself to look up to in water polo, and now she could be that person for other young African-American girls. She could show what was possible.Ashleigh is simply a pleasure to be around. Whether shes at a function getting an award or around little kids, her kindness and poise make people feel comfortable when theyre around her. She has an incredible light that she emits, and her smile lights up the whole room.When I face Ashleigh in practice, I am brought back to the first time we played against one another as little girls back in Florida. I want to get a shot past her, I want to beat her, but she never, ever, makes it easy. I am lucky to have someone who brought out the best of me then, and continues to bring out the best in me today. I know my strong, intelligent and kind teammate is going to make a big difference in the lives of countless others, just as she has for us.More on Ashleigh Johnson? The Undefeated: Johnsons beautiful saves ?Story ?? What drives Olympic gold medalists ?Video ?? Inspiring words from Olympic stars ?Story ?The IMPACT25 is espnWs annual list of the 25 athletes and influencers who have made the greatest difference for women in sports. Explore the 2016 list and more content at espnW.com/IMPACT25. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Tyvon-Branch-Jersey/ . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Pat-Tillman-Jersey/ . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Customized/ . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Dorian-Johnson-Jersey/ . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Aq-Shipley-Jersey/ . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. GREEN BAY, Wis. --?Clay Matthews will miss his third straight game because of a hamstring injury, but wide receiver?Randall Cobb wont have the limitations that coach Mike McCarthy placed on him last week.The Green Bay Packers also may get back running back James Starks for the game Sunday at Tennessee. Starks hasnt played since knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus Oct. 16.Matthews was on the verge of a return last week, but he had a setback before the game against the Colts.In all, the Titans game will be the fourth missed this season by the Pro Bowl outside linebacker because of the injury. He also sat out Week 3 against Detroit, but McCarthy said its not a season-ending injury.Hes making progress, just wont be available this week, McCarthy said.Without Matthews, the Packers have struggled to get pressure on opposing quarterbacks. They have only five sacks in their last tthree games.ddddddddddddCobb, who also has battled a hamstring injury, was active against the Colts but was available only on an emergency basis. The teams second-leading receiver did not play in the first half, but with the Packers down by two touchdowns at halftime, Cobb played 23 snaps in the second half. He caught two passes for 14 yards, including a 3-yard touchdown with 3:29 remaining.Hes going to play as a full-time player, McCarthy said.Starks and tight end Jared Cook returned to practice this week after lengthy absences, and it appears Starks has better chance to play against the Titans than Cook, who has been out since Sept. 25 because of a sprained right ankle.James is very close, McCarthy said, and well see how Jared is come Saturday. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap China Womens NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Jerseys China Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2018 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen