Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ls in 2014 when he helped Kansas City reach t

in
Über uns
22.09.2018 09:45
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

OAKLAND, Calif. -- For the past few years, the Oakland Raiders have been building a team they hoped could thrive on the big stage.With an offensive line that dominated the trenches and a defense much improved from a porous start to the season, they sure looked the part Sunday night.Latavius Murray ran for 114 yards and three touchdowns and the Raiders showed they were ready for prime time, beating the defending Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos 30-20.Were growing to expect success, coach Jack Del Rio said. We know were a good team.In what was being billed as the biggest game in Oakland since the team went to the Super Bowl following the 2002 season, the Raiders (7-2) put together a complete effort to overpower the Broncos (6-3) and take over sole possession of first place in the AFC West.Derek Carr threw for 184 yards and did not turn the ball over, Khalil Mack had two sacks, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery and the Raiders outrushed Denver 218-33 behind a dominant performance in the trenches.Thats what we do, left tackle Donald Penn said. We try to take our will out on people and today it looked real good. Some days it doesnt but today it looked real good. We have to keep building. We have to get more consistent.The performance was to the delight of an energetic crowd at the Coliseum, excited to host a prime-time Sunday night game for the first time in more than a decade. After 13 straight seasons without a playoff berth or winning record, the Raiders have shown they are ready to contend in the AFC in the second season under Del Rio after overpowering the team that has dominated the division in recent years.We gave up 200 yards rushing today, linebacker Brandon Marshall said. Thats definitely not the mark of a great defense, we cant just get run over.Oakland got off to its best start in 15 years by beating up on lesser teams, but the win over the defending champion Broncos showed the progress the franchise has made since starting 0-10 two years ago.Trevor Siemian looked shaky at times for Denver but did throw two touchdown passes, including a short pass behind the line that Kapri Bibbs turned into a 69-yard touchdown catch and run in the fourth quarter.But Oakland still led by 10 points despite that defensive breakdown and held on for the win.REPRIEVE: Carr played a smart game for the most part but did get bailed out by one potential big mistake. On the play after Mack recovered a fumble at the Denver 39 following his strip sack , Carr threw down the right sideline for fullback Jamize Olawale. But the ball went right to T.J. Ward for an apparent interception. A replay review showed the ball hit the ground and Oakland kept the ball, setting up Murrays third score.TONE SETTERS: The Raiders much-maligned defense started fast, forcing Denver into four straight three-and-outs to open the game. It was the first time since 2012 that Oakland didnt allow the opponent to record a first down on the opening four drives. Siemian started the game 1 for 8 for 4 yards before connecting on four straight completions on the fifth drive capped by a 36-yard TD pass to Jordan Norwood.FAST START: Oaklands offense also started quickly. Carr threw for 108 yards in the opening quarter -- the second most against Denver in the first quarter in the past three years -- and Murray scored on two short TD runs in the second quarter for a 20-10 halftime lead. That was the most points scored against the Broncos in the first half since Cincinnati also had 20 in a 37-28 win on Dec. 22, 2014 -- a span of 29 games including the playoffs.DANCING PUNTER: Oaklands Marquette King had two straight punts in the third quarter downed at the 2 by Andre Holmes. King then punctuated each with a celebratory dance not usually seen from punters. In a season full of excessive celebration flags, King was not penalized on either dance.I just love life, King said.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Ryan Kelly Jersey . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. Marlon Mack Jersey . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. http://www.coltsfansshop.com/Colts-Christine-Michael-Sr-Draft-Jersey/ . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. Malik Hooker Jersey . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Clayton Geathers Jersey . Philadelphia is 2-0 against the Senators this season and scored five goals in each victory. The Flyers recorded a 5-0 win in Ottawa on Nov. 12 and then earned a 5-2 home decision on Nov. 19. The Flyers have claimed three straight and four of the last five encounters with the Sens overall and Philly has won two in a row and three of its past four tests in Canadas capital city. CHICAGO -- James Shields has never been driven by statistical superlatives. So after whats been a rocky season, his mission for the stretch run is simple.My main focus is to finish strong, Shields said Friday.Shields (5-17) is 3-10 since joining the Chicago White Sox and is 0-5 in his last seven outings heading into Saturdays start against the Kansas City Royals. Shields is coming off a tumultuous start Sept. 3 when he allowed five runs in just 2 1/3 innings against Minnesota.And after back pain caused manager Robin Ventura to consider putting Shields on the shelf before declaring him healthy enough to make Saturdays start, Shields is again ready to take his turn.Shields wont put any extra emphasis on the start or try to salvage a season with one start. But Shields acknowledged that he handles adversity differently than he did in the past, which allows him to keep his focus on whats ahead.I think when I was younger I was a little more of a hothead and didnt understand how to deal with adversity, Shields said. I think Ive just dealt with so much adversity in my career, being in the game for as long as I have, I know things are going to be thrown my way. I know what I need to do to deal with it.How the Royals deal with Shields remains a question mark simply because of this seasons unpredictability. Shields was 14-8 with the Royals in 2014 when he helped Kansas City reach the Worlld Series.dddddddddddd That familiarity may have come in handy in the past, but manager Ned Yost admitted Shields roller coaster season throws a wrench into how the Royals prepare to face him.Edinson Volquez (10-10) will start for the Royals.Its hard, but thats baseball -- you just dont know, Yost said Friday. You can come out one game and give up 10 runs in two innings and then come out the next game and throw eight innings of shutout baseball. Its hard to tell. We know what type of pitcher James Shields is and what type of competitor he is and that hes going to give you everything he has every time he takes that mound.Shields cant explain why he has again struggled the way he did when he first arrived in Chicago. But he hasnt allowed himself to get wrapped up in the criticism that has come his way, but is more concerned with how he pitches from here on out the rest of the season.Im not getting the job done and Im not doing my job out on the mound, Shields said. As a player, its frustrating -- theres no doubt about it. But I know what Im capable of doing. I know what Ive done in my career. But the fans here in Chicago only have one taste of me and thats what Ive done this year. Hopefully, I finish strong here and next year will be a different story. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen