Image and video hosting by TinyPic

was able to fight through it.The pain was evident on R

in
Über uns
22.09.2018 09:45
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- For Purdue sophomores David Blough and Markell Jones, Saturdays 24-14 come-from-behind victory against Nevada was all about redemption.Blough threw an interception during the games opening series that the Wolf Pack converted into a touchdown and Jones lost two opening-half fumbles, one of which was converted into a touchdown.But Blough threw for 300 yards and two touchdowns, and Jones had a go-ahead score in the third quarter as Purdue rallied to win.Purdue, which turned it over four times, pulled within 14-10 late in the second quarter on Bloughs 48-yard touchdown pass to Bilal Marshall. Purdues defense dominated the third, limiting Nevada to 23 yards on 11 plays.We showed a lot of character, said Blough, who was intercepted five times during a loss to Cincinnati on Sept. 10. The TD pass to Marshall at the end of the first half was the play of the game. It was big for us.Jones 5-yard TD run capped a 12-play, 49-yard drive in the third quarter, and the Boilermakers (2-1) added a TD with 1:17 remaining in the fourth on Bloughs 51-yard pass to Brycen Hopkins. Jones finished with 124 yards for his third career 100-yard game.The Boilermakers have turned the ball over 10 times, including seven interceptions for Blough, in their first three games but are 2-1 for the first time in coach Darrell Hazells fourth season at Purdue.To be down at halftime, the guys showed a lot of grit to overcome four turnovers, Hazell said. The defense was phenomenal in the second half, and the score before halftime gave us momentum. It lifted our sideline. At halftime, we had a lot of energy in that locker room.Tyler Stewart threw touchdown passes of 15 yards to Hasaan Henderson and 6 yards to James Butler for Nevada (2-2). The Wolf Pack converted the Blough interception and a Jones fumble into a 14-3 lead.We just couldnt sustain drives today, said Stewart, who completed 21 of 27 passes for 173 yards. We were OK in spurts, but we just couldnt sustain drives. We put up only 14 points, and thats not enough against a team like Purdue. We knew their defensive front was pretty good. I knew there would be pressure.The Wolf Pack had an opportunity to pull even at 17 with 4:16 remaining in the fourth, but Brent Zuzo hooked a 27-yard field-goal attempt wide left, and Blough iced it.They made plays at the end when we should have, Nevada coach Brian Polian said. There were a lot of mistakes made in the game, and things didnt always go well. Still, we had a chance to win the game in the end, and we didnt do it.Purdue outgained Nevada 466-253.TAKEAWAYS:PURDUE: The Boilermakers were sloppy offensively throughout the game, but their defense pressured Stewart throughout the day and did not allow a point during the games final 35:56.NEVADA: The Wolf Pack came in featuring a strong rushing attack, averaging 208.3 yards a game, but had only 90 at halftime and lost 4 yards rushing during the third quarter when all the momentum shifted to Purdue. Including five sacks, Nevada finished with only 68 rushing yards.KEY NUMBERS:PURDUE: The Boilermakers entered Saturdays game ranked last (14th) in Big Ten rushing defense at 219 yards a game, but Nevadas 33 rushing attempts produced only 68 net rushing yards with a long carry of 15 yards.NEVADA: The Wolf Pack was successful on each of their first five third-down conversion attempts but was only 4 of 10 thereafter, finishing 9 of 15 while Purdue was 10 of 14.INJURY UPDATEPURDUE: Starting offensive right tackle Matt McCann sprained an ankle during practice this week and was unable to play.UP NEXT:PURDUE: The Boilermakers begin Big Ten play at Maryland on Oct. 1.NEVADA: The Wolf Pack start Mountain West competition at Hawaii on Oct. 1. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Diego-Costa-Jersey/ . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Vitolo-Jersey/ . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Antoine-Griezmann-Jersey/ . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Jose-Gimenez-Jersey/ . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Thomas-Partey-Jersey/ . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. DALLAS -- Washington Redskins tight end Jordan Reed said doctors told him he probably wouldnt be able to keep playing. But Reed knew the difference he could make in the game, and despite having an AC joint separation in his shoulder, he decided to return.Reed suffered the injury early in the second quarter of Washingtons 31-26 loss to the Dallas Cowboys?on Thursday, falling hard on his left shoulder after jumping for a pass in the end zone that he couldnt catch. He missed the rest of the quarter and was told at halftime that he probably wouldnt be able to return.But after catching passes before the second half began from backup quarterback Colt McCoy -- both high and low throws -- Reed felt he could still play.I didnt think hed come back in, but he came back in and made gigantic plays for us, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said.Its pretty severe pain, Reed said. I noticed it the whole time. I just kind of grinded it out and kept praying. I was able to fight through it.The pain was evident on Reeds face as he tried to dress after the game, with his shoulder slightly disfigured from the injury and his eyes watering at times because of the pain. But Reed managed to catch a game-high 10 passes for 95 yards and two touchdowns -- with eight catches, 80 yards and both scores coming after the injury.dddddddddddd He made a diving, one-handed 33-yard reception that set up one touchdown.I know it was pretty painful for him, Redskins tight end Vernon Davis said. When I walked in after the game, he was in so much pain I could feel it. For him to come out there and play the way he did ... it was amazing, it was beautiful.Reed has a history of getting hurt. He hasnt played a full 16-game season in his career. He missed 12 games combined his first two seasons and two more last year. Hes already missed two games because of injuries this season. But what happened Thursday might have kept Reed out in his first or second year.It has a lot to do with my maturity, said Reed, who has caught a team-best 59 passes this season with five touchdowns. Ive grown in how my teammates look at me and the faith they have in me that I could come through in certain situations. When Im not out there, I feel like Im letting them down. I dont like to miss time. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen