Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They were in California, Oklahoma, Arizona,

in
Über uns
23.09.2018 16:51
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

OMAHA, Neb. -- Missy Franklin stood beside the blocks, staring down the still water in her lane. Never had she faced so much pressure, yet she felt serene.A night after she failed to make the Olympic team in the 100-meter backstroke -- an event she won four years ago in London -- Franklin rallied to finish second in the 200 freestyle Wednesday night at the U.S. trials.It was good enough to earn her a spot in an individual event in Rio.Thats probably the most proud race Ive ever swam in my entire career, coming back from such a loss last night and telling myself that I still have it in me to do whatever I believe I can do, she said, tears glistening in her eyes.Katie Ledecky cruised to victory in the race. Franklin was tied for second on the last turn and churned through the water to get her hand on the wall as runner-up.I told her after the race shes one tough cookie, Ledecky said. That 2 race is for real, and theres more to come from her.Up next are the 100 free on Thursday and the 200 backstroke on Friday, giving Franklin two more chances at further redemption. Four years ago, she took London by storm, winning five medals, including four golds, and spread her infectious smile and bubbly personality everywhere.This time, just getting on the team has been a lot tougher.Franklin left college after swimming two years at California to turn pro last year. She juggles sponsor commitments, photo shoots and travel in between training and practice. The extra demands away from the pool were more than she had expected, but its her nature not to want to let anyone down.After struggling to seventh in the 100 back, Franklin returned to her hotel room and re-thought things.I realized that my job here is not to make an Olympic team, its not to defend anything, its to swim well, she said. Its me trying to work through how to deal with this kind of pressure that Ive never really dealt with before and I think, as we just saw, Im really starting to figure that out for myself.Franklin had her work cut out in the 200 free final. Besides Ledecky, there was defending Olympic champion Allison Schmitt (fourth) and Leah Smith (third), who had already made the team.Her coach, Todd Schmitz, pumped his fists and charged down the steps of the arena to congratulate his swimmer.She finally had reason to flash her trademark smile.Last night was really tough and coming back from that, I was telling myself, `Im not done fighting. Im not done with believing in myself, she said.For a while, it looked like Franklin might only make the team as a relay swimmer. Thats hardly what she spent the last four years working for.People say theres nothing like making your first Olympic team, but theres really nothing like making your second Olympic team, she said, laughing. Its moments like this that you kind of have to sit back and say, `You know what? I just did it. Melvin Ingram Jersey . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. Tyrell Williams Jersey . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. http://www.chargersauthenticshop.com/Chargers-Casey-Hayward-Draft-Jersey/ . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. Jatavis Brown Jersey . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4. Kyle Emanuel Jersey . PAUL, Minn. RALEIGH, N.C. -- The chlorination and filtration systems at an artificial water rapids course where Olympic kayakers train were inadequate to kill a rare, brain-attacking organism, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said after an Ohio teenager died from the amoeba.The rushing water channels at the U.S. National Whitewater Center had become so murky with debris that the chlorine and ultraviolet light that might have killed the Naegleria fowleri amoeba didnt work, Dr. Michael Beach said Friday.Its kind of a murky water, said Beach, the CDCs associate director for healthy water. Speaking by phone, Beach wouldnt comment on whether a more effective system could have saved the life of Lauren Seitz, 18, of Westerville, Ohio.The whitewater center closed its whitewater rafting and kayaking operations on June 24. The fast-water channels will be drained, dried and scrubbed to kill any vestiges of the amoeba, the non-profit said on its web site. The website didnt indicate when the rapids course might reopen. A spokesman for the center declined to comment Friday on the CDC findings.Seitz died June 19, just three weeks after graduating from high school and more than a week after returning home to suburban Columbus, Ohio, from a church group trip that included a visit to the whitewater center about 15 miles west of Charlotte. Her only known underwater exposure was thought to be when her raft overturned at the whitewater center.The center held Olympic qualifying trials for U.S. canoe and kayak competitors in April and also hosted the qualifying races before the 2012 and 2008 Olympics, said Aaron Mann, a spokesman for USA Canoe/Kayak. American Olympians havent used the Charlotte course in recent weeks because theyve been competing in Europe ahead of a training camp in France leading up to the Rio de Janeiro games, he said.The amoeba is very common in lakes and other kinds of warm, fresh water, yet its very rare that it will make anyone sick, said Dr. Thomas Kerkering, chief of infectious diseases cat Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine in Roanoke, Virginia. The amoeba wont infect a person who drinks or swallows water containing it, aand must enter the body through the nose to cause harm.ddddddddddddhere most people get it is when they wipe out waterskiing and the water goes up their nose, Kerkering said.The odds that the organism will cause the dangerous, brain-eating disease are just about chance, Kerkering said, since some people jumping into the water might contract the illness while most others dont.Only 138 people nationwide have been stricken by the disease between 1962 and 2015, according to the CDC. Florida and Texas have had the most cases with 34 each in that time. North Carolina had four cases prior to Seitz, none of them involving the whitewater center, while Ohio is one of 32 states without a recorded case over the five-decade span. All five cases last year were fatal. They were in California, Oklahoma, Arizona, and two in Texas. The most recent was in Texas last August.Initial symptoms showing up on average five days after exposure may include headache, fever or vomiting and worsen to include stiff neck, confusion, seizures and hallucinations.The deadly amoeba was found in all 11 water samples taken from the National Whitewater Centers fast-flowing whitewater channel, said Dr. Stephen Keener, Mecklenburg Countys medical director. Four samples from the neighboring Catawba River didnt find the organism, but it was found in one sample of the rivers sediment, Keener said Thursday.Water for the centers courses comes from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg municipal system, two water wells and rain, the operator said.Seitz planned to study music and environmental science at Denison University in Ohio, according to an obituary posted by the funeral home handling arrangements. A celebration of her life is scheduled Saturday. Her family didnt return a telephone call seeking comment.---Follow Emery P. Dalesio at http://twitter.com/emerydalesio. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/emery-p-dalesio.---This story has been corrected to show that only 138 people were stricken by the disease over a five-decade span, not six decades. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen