Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ng.” The T-Bones begin regular season play

in
Über uns
16.04.2018 15:57
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

As I usually do a couple of times a year, I spent the day at the ESPN offices in Bristol, Connecticut, on Wednesday. Throughout the day I ran into old friends, chatted with a variety of folks at the company, had some meetings.Pretty much wherever I went they had one question for the boxing guy and it wasnt about Canelo Alvarez-Gennady Golovkin or who I thought won the Sergey Kovalev-Andre Ward fight (for the record, Kovalev, 115-112).What they all asked me was some form of this question: So is that Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor fight ever going to happen?Oy. As I have said since the notion of that fight was first raised: No chance. Zero. For a million reasons, not the least of which is the fact that Mayweather, when he fights, is the best boxer on the planet and McGregor would essentially be making his professional boxing debut and, frankly, I have serious doubts a commission even would approve such a dangerous mismatch. The same would be said if Mayweather was seeking to fight in MMA (which he would never even remotely consider).After a long day of traveling back and forth to Connecticut, I returned home to northern Virginia and instead of going to bed, I made the mistake of checking my email. I was greeted with several from the office about the story that colleague and MMA writer Brett Okamoto had written while I was flying home -- the one about how McGregor had gotten a boxing license in California.Naturally, that once again raised wild speculation about a possible fight with Mayweather, who has been retired for a little more than a year. My initial reaction to McGregors gambit: whoopty doo.His getting a boxing license means nothing as it relates to a (im)possible fight with Mayweather. You know what you need to do to get a license for combat sports in California? Pay $60, fill out a rather simple four-page application and pass a medical exam.Whoopty doo.My thought on McGregors play is that he is just looking for more attention. Hes great at generating that, as is Mayweather. And guess what? Hes got it.But I wanted to know what Team Mayweather thought of the turn of events so I called on one Leonard Ellerbe, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions, who knows Floyd as well as anyone.Ellerbe is usually reserved in his commentary but when I informed him of McGregors licensure, he was animated.Its all a game. Its all a calculated effort to gain more fans, Ellerbe said. He got a boxing license. Congratulations to him. Conor McGregor can say anything he wants to but he has a boss and his name is [UFC president] Dana White. He is under contract to the UFC and if he wanted to fight Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match he cant because his bosses wouldnt allow that to happen. The brass [from WME-IMG] who recently purchased the UFC [for $4 billion earlier this year] are very smart people and they would never -- and put this in bold caps -- let him step into a boxing ring with Floyd Mayweather because everyone knows what the outcome would be. He would get his ass beat from pillar to post.Ellerbe also invoked race, saying the only reason people are interested and talking about the prospect of the fantasy match is because of color. McGregor is a white Irishman. Mayweather is African-American.Call it was it is -- its a black-and-white issue, Ellerbe said. The reason why it generates so much attention is because its a black-and-white issue. If were talking about Floyd against Anderson Silva, when he was No. 1, we wouldnt be having this kind of conversation.Ellerbe also said McGregors boxing license is meaningless because of his contract with UFC.At the end of the day, hes under contract with the UFC, Ellerbe said. Hes told what to do. Hes an employee. Hes done a masterful con job to try to trick people that he could actually pull this off. Its another creative way to create more interest. Nobody is mad but its a con job trying to make people think this is real and even mentioning him and TBE [The Best Ever, Mayweathers nickname] in the same breath is disrespectful, completely disrespectful. Isnt this the same guy who tapped out three fights ago?Indeed, McGregor, moving up in weight, tapped out against Nate Diaz at UFC 196 in March. Since then he has won two in a row, including a rematch with Diaz at UFC 202 followed by a win over Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 on Nov. 12 to win the UFC lightweight title, thus becoming the first fighter to hold UFC titles in two divisions simultaneously as he was also the promotions featherweight champion.Hes a very good MMA fighter, give credit where its due, Ellerbe said. Its kind of played out now. Just stop it. The con game is over. Go out there and worry about dominating the UFC because three fights ago he lost, he was quitting. You couldnt even mention the word quit with Floyd Mayweather. And, like I said, [McGregor] cant do anything without the UFCs approval. Theres no way [WME-IMG] spent all that money so they can get their biggest star killed. It would never happen. If they want to get him killed put him in there in a boxing match.Ellerbe also said that Mayweather (49-0 as a boxer) has zero interest in fighting McGregor (21-3 in MMA).Think about this, Ellerbe said. Floyd is a guy who spent his entire life developing his craft and becoming the best to do this. And he beat a number of great fighters and is undefeated and built his legacy on hard work and dedication. He beat world champions over a 20-year period and heres a guy, McGregor, who has about 20 fights and lost three of them, and three fights ago he was seen on the mat quitting. What are we talking about? And I have a great deal of respect for what he does for a living. Floyd and I have nothing against UFC or any of their fighters. I respect all fighters who step in a ring or the Octagon, but Floyd is in the Bahamas enjoying life. Hes not thinking about Conor McGregor or anyone else.What McGregor is attempting to do is take a page out of Floyds book from the marketing and promotional side by using his name. The quickest way to become famous is to align yourself with another famous person, and hes done a good job of that.Ellerbe lauded McGregors stand-up game and referred to him as a good puncher compared to the typical UFC fighter but that he would have no prayer with Mayweather.He has a good little hand game, a superior hand game compared to the UFC fighters he is competing with but fighting Floyd Mayweather is a whole other story, Ellerbe said. That bulls--- youre throwing over there in UFC would get you killed against Floyd. Ron Santo Jersey . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. Frank Thomas Jersey . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. http://www.whitesoxjerseyscheap.com/ . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. Paul Konerko Jersey . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. Harold Baines Jersey . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday.KANSAS CITY, Kan. – The Kansas City T-Bones wrapped up exhibition play Tuesday night with a 10-5 loss to the Winnipeg Goldeyes at CommunityAmerica Ballpark. A quick start from Winnipeg made it 2-0 after the first inning, and 4-0 after the third. Aaron Tullo, starting for Kansas City, gave up four runs – three earned – in four innings. After the T-Bones scored a run in the fourth, Winnipeg put a halt to any comeback by tallying six runs in the top of the seventh. Kansas City, which finished the game with 10 hits, added runs in the eighth and ninth innings on a Justin Bass two-run home run and an RBI double bby Brandon Pearl.dddddddddddd Despite giving up a run, Patrick Keating closed out the game for Winnipeg in the ninth. “I thought the bats looked better tonight,” said T-Bones manager Kenny Hook. “Guys were doing a good job of hitting the ball where it was pitched, which shows theyre seeing it better. We just didnt get the big two-out hits that we needed. “Were definitely excited, though, to get the regular season going.” The T-Bones begin regular season play in the American Association on Thursday night at Wichita. The home opener is on Saturday, May 18, against Wichita. China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen