Image and video hosting by TinyPic

r the Texans. Andersons right knee slightly buc

in
Über uns
29.09.2018 15:20
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida States Deondre Francois has mostly silenced concerns for those who thought he might struggle in his first two starts.The redshirt freshman followed up Monday nights record-setting debut against then-No. 11 Mississippi with a solid outing against Charleston Southern. Francois threw for 262 yards and three touchdowns as the third-ranked Seminoles cruised to a 52-8 victory against the depleted Buccaneers on Saturday at Doak Campbell Stadium.Coach Jimbo Fisher said he was curious going into the game how Francois would do with a quick turnaround. There was even more of a possibility of a slight letdown after he became the first Atlantic Coast Conference freshman QB to throw for over 400 yards in his first game.For the most part, he seemed to do really well, Fisher said. We had a couple nice throws down the field. I thought we were efficient on third down and in the red zone.Francois though got off to a quick start, completing 10 of his first 12 passes. Two of them were touchdowns to Travis Rudolph as FSU built a 28-0 lead at the end of the first quarter.The first touchdown to Rudolph -- a 36-yarder -- was a nice downfield throw where Francois was able to thread it over two Charleston Southern defenders.We didnt want to focus on who we were playing we wanted to focus on how we were playing, said Francois, who finished 25 of 32 including an interception. Thats typically how we were going to start and we got off to a fast start.Including the Ole Miss game and the first four drives on Saturday, Francois led the 2-0 Seminoles to points on 13 straight possessions with eight resulting in touchdowns.After two games, Francois has thrown for five touchdowns, has completed 69 percent of his passes for five touchdowns and only one interception.I feel like these two games I coming into my own, Francois said.Dalvin Cook ran for two touchdowns and had 83 yards on 11 carries. His longest run was a 37-yard touchdown in the third quarter that extended FSUs lead to 42-8.Rudolph, who was thrown to nine times, finished with seven receptions for 105 yards. It was the third 100-yard receiving game in the juniors career.Charleston Southern, the seventh-ranked team in the Football Championship Subdivision, was without 14 players who were serving a suspension for violating NCAA rules by using financial aid meant for books to purchase other items. The suspensions featured 10 starters including its top two running backs, four offensive linemen and both safeties.The Buccaneers (1-2) got on the scoreboard late in the second quarter on a 57-yard pass from Robert Mitchell to Kameron Brown. Mitchell, who was the fourth-string quarterback as recently as last week, took over from London Johnson during the first quarter and was 7 of 20 for 142 yards. Charleston Southerns first two quarterbacks were injured last week against Kentucky State.I think you saw the guys that were here not focus on who wasnt here. We focused on who was, coach Jamey Chadwell said. Those guys got an opportunity against a top team and did some good things.THE TAKEAWAYCHARLESTON SOUTHERN: It is difficult enough for an FCS team to compete with a top 25 program with an intact roster, but without nearly half of their starters, the Buccaneers at least can say they averted a shutout.FLORIDA STATE: Playing their second game in six days, the Seminoles were able to get some younger players extended playing time in the second half. However, they didnt get out of the game completely healthy. Sophomore safety Derwin James suffered a knee injury in the fourth quarter and Fisher said James is expected to have an MRI in the next couple days.POLL IMPLICATIONSFlorida State was only three points behind Clemson for second in last weeks poll . With the Tigers struggling against Troy State on Saturday, the voters might decide to move the Seminoles up a spot when the latest rankings are released on Monday.UP NEXTCHARLESTON SOUTHERN: The Buccaneers, who were the preseason pick to win the Big South, open conference play on Sept. 24 at Monmouth.FLORIDA STATE: A tough road test against No. 13 Louisville, which had 845 yards of total offense in its 62-28 win at Syracuse on Friday.---Online: AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Joe Reedy on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/joereedy http://www.officiallionsgear.com/Lions-Tracy-Walker-Draft-Jersey/ . Nigeria beat surprise package Ethiopia 2-0 in the second leg of their playoff for a comfortable 4-1 aggregate victory. Victor Moses converted a 20th-minute penalty after an Ethiopian handball, and Victor Obinna made certain of Nigerias place in Brazil with his powerful free kick in the 82nd at UJ Esuene Stadium. http://www.officiallionsgear.com/Lions-Theo-Riddick-Draft-Jersey/ .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. http://www.officiallionsgear.com/Lions-Kerryon-Johnson-Draft-Jersey/ . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-foot putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shooting a 69. http://www.officiallionsgear.com/Lions-Golden-Tate-Iii-Draft-Jersey/ .5 million, one-year contract on Friday. Hawkins, who turns 41 in December, will compete with Rex Brothers for the closers role at spring training. http://www.officiallionsgear.com/Lions-Matt-Prater-Draft-Jersey/ . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- C.J. Anderson was bracing for a prolonged recovery as he prepared to undergo surgery to repair the torn meniscus in his right knee late Thursday.Before heading into the operating room in Northern California, the Denver Broncos leading rusher tweeted thanks to his fans for their prayers and said, We will not know til after the procedure if i am done for the season or if I can come back to help my team to (hash)51.Anderson was Denvers offensive star in Super Bowl 50, rushing for 90 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos 24-10 win over Carolina. That helped garner a four-year, $18 million offer from the Dolphins in restricted free agency that the Broncos matched. The front-loaded contract paid him $6 million this year.Anderson is the Broncos leading rusher with 437 yards on 110 carries and four touchdowns, including a season-best 107 yards and a TD on 16 carries Monday night against Houston in his best performance of the season.He did it despite hurting his right knee on his second carry.He is a leader of this team and thats a big role, wide receiver Demaryius Thomas said. We dont know the timetable right now, but he will be missed for this game and the rest of the season if it comes to that. He deserves to be around. He worked hard for the contract. He had had been playing great last season and playing great this season, but well miss him for sure.The Broncos broke out of a prolonged funk by running for 190 yards in their 27-9 win over the Texans. Andersons right knee slightly buckled as he made a cut on the final play of the first quarter, an 11-yard run.He came in and said, `I felt something, running back Kapri Bibbs recounted. But he said, `Im good now. I feel real good. And he went back in the game an obviously was able to rush for 107 yards and carried the team and carried us to a win.Thats what gives coach Gary Kubiak hope that Anderson will be back sometime this season.I think the positive thing is he played in the game and he played through it, Kubiak saaid.dddddddddddd Its obviously something that they need to go and repair, so we have to see to what degree that is. Lets find out.Anderson didnt have a limp after the game and the Broncos left the stadium feeling good about their rejuvenated ground game that included 83 yards on 17 carries from rookie Devontae Booker, who scored his first career touchdown and now will become their starter.Anderson, who wasnt limping after the game, showed up sore Tuesday and the teams medical staff diagnosed a torn meniscus. Anderson flew to California for a second opinion on Wednesday and was prepped for surgery late Thursday after doctors confirmed the initial diagnosis.Bibbs said theres no reason the Broncos (5-2), who play San Diego (3-4) on Sunday, cant still have a powerful 1-2 punch without Anderson.Book is ready to play; Im ready to play, Bibbs said. And I dont think theres going to be any drop-off. I think were going to go in there and were going to handle our business.The Broncos had a first-round grade on Booker but were able to grab him in the fourth round after he slid because of concerns about two knee surgeries to repair a torn meniscus he suffered in his final game at Utah in November.The running back who really turned their heads this year, however, was Bibbs, whose improvement over the offseason led them to jettison fifth-year pro Ronnie Hillman, their leading rusher last season.I dont think theres an area where he hasnt improved, offensive coordinator Rick Dennison said. I think hes improved in his detail, his urgency. Obviously, hes always had very good run skills, thats why hes here. But everything that he does hes gotten better at it and worked extremely hard.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton . China Womens NFL Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys China NFL Gear Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Jerseys 2019 China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen