Image and video hosting by TinyPic

of self. Asked why the Giants were suddenly making the game-shaping plays t

in
Über uns
07.10.2018 11:49
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- After helping the Philadelphia 76ers build an eight-point lead down the stretch, Jahlil Okafor could only watch from the bench as the lead dwindled.Okafor scored 19 points on 8-for-11 shooting before fouling out with 2:56 left and Richaun Holmes made a key 3-pointer with just over a minute remaining to help the 76ers beat the injury-plagued Washington Wizards 109-102 Wednesday night.Okafor went to the bench with the Sixers holding a 101-93 lead. Washington then made a run, pulling to 103-100 with 1:29 to play.However, after a timeout, Holmes made a 3-pointer from just in front of the Wizards bench to extend the lead to six points with 1:10 remaining.That was big, Okafor said. I was excited. I know how hard he works every day, so for it to go in for him and for the team, it was a big win for us.Holmes added: I tried to get out there as fast as I could and get ready to shoot the ball. Weve talked about picking my spots and that was pretty good spot to pick.Ersan Ilyasova had 16 points, Nik Stauskas scored 15 points, and Gerald Henderson 14 to help the 76ers win for just the second time in 11 games this season. Dario Saric added 13 points and 12 rebounds.The 76ers were without leading-scorer Joel Embiid, the third pick overall in the 2014 NBA draft, who has been brought along slowly after missing two seasons because of two foot surgeries.Were scratching and clawing for wins, 76ers coach Brett Brown said. I think theres something to be said for being able to get a win without Joel, and (Okafor) was a major contributor.The Wizards, who were held to just one basket in their final three possessions, fell to 2-8.John Wall scored 23 of his 27 points in the second half and Markieff Morris had 19 points for the Wizards, who were without second-leading scorer Bradley Beal.Otto Porter Jr. had 15 points and 13 rebounds, Marcin Gortat added 10 points and 14 boards, and Marcus Thornton also scored 10.Were too good to be losing, Morris said. No disrespect to the Sixers or any other team we lost to. The coach should never have to coach effort, especially when youre 2-7.Morris was referring to coach Scott Brooks, who said his team came out too slow against the team with the NBAs worst record.The Sixers opened the game with an 11-4 run, thanks in part to Ilyasovas eight points in the opening quarter. The Wizards responded by scoring the next six points, but the Sixers went on an 11-2 run to end the first quarter with a 29-15 lead.Wall, meanwhile, saw just 7:28 in the first half and managed just four points on 1-for-4 shooting.I was frustrated, basically the whole first half, only playing 7 minutes, said Wall, who is also on minutes restriction after having surgery on both knees in the offseason. The game starts getting closer and its frustrating not being out there to help my guys win the game.TIP-INSWizards: Beal sat out his third straight game with a right thigh injury and is questionable for Thursday nights game against the Knicks. Every day he is feeling a little better, Wizards coach Scott Brooks said. We just want to be cautious about it. Sheldon McClellan started his second game in a row in place of Beal, while Marcus Thornton came off the bench.76ers: With the Sixers visiting Minnesota on Thursday night, Embiid, who is leading the team with 18.0 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.3 blocks, sat out his fourth game of the season. Embiid, who last played on Monday against Houston, is expected to be limited to 24 minutes through Christmas. I follow the instruction (of our medical staff), Sixers coach Brett Brown said. Its really that simple. Its completely designed to what is best for Joel Embiid.BACK-TO-BACKSOkafor played in his ninth game and has been cleared to play in Thursdays game against the Timbervolves, although he is likely to haveminutes restrictions.WAITING ON MAHINMIIan Mahinmi, sidelined since undergoing left knee surgery on Oct. 15, could be back on the practice court for the Wizards next week, according to Brooks. He was expected to miss 4 to 6 weeks but appears to be ahead of schedule.UP NEXTWizards: Host New York on Thursday night.76ers: At Minnesota on Thursday night as they try to end a 20-game road losing streak. Custom Houston Astros Jerseys . It just didnt show when he hit the ice. Berra made 42 saves and Kris Russell scored at 1:32 of overtime, lifting the Calgary Flames to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday night. Jose Altuve Jersey . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. http://www.astrosteamproshop.com/Astros-Jimmy-Wynn-Kids-Jersey/ . -- Tony Stewart is 20 pounds lighter and has a titanium rod in his surgically repaired right leg. Craig Biggio Jersey . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. Alex Bregman Jersey . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Jerry Reese, New York Giants general manager, summons Eli Manning, New York Giants quarterback, into his office every summer to share ideas on the 16 regular-season games to come. It is not an equal-time exercise. The GM does most of the talking, and the quarterback does most of the listening.Some years, Reese challenges Manning to carry the team or take more chances downfield or be more careful with the ball. This year? Reese told ESPN.com on Sunday that he sat down with his franchise player and told him it was their shared responsibility, above all, to make sure their rookie head coach doesnt fall flat on his face.I told Tom Coughlin when I first got the job [in 2007] that failure wasnt an option for me, Reese said. So I told Eli, Failure cant be an option for Ben McAdoo. Its on you and me to make sure he doesnt fail. We have to make sure hes here long after were gone. We have to make sure his young kids graduate high school here.In order to ensure that McAdoos 7-year-old daughter, Larkin, and 4-year-old son, B.J., make it through a fine New Jersey high school while their father is coaching the Giants, Reese spent $200 million in the offseason on an unwatchable defense that allowed last seasons New Orleans Saints?to score 52 points.Manning? He showed up for work Sunday against his hometown team -- those very Saints -- to make his 196th consecutive start (postseason included), the third-longest streak in NFL history. Its an amazing run of durability in a sport growing more dangerous by the week, as evidenced by the frightening first-quarter scene of concussed Saints cornerback P.J. Williams being loaded onto a stretcher and carted off the MetLife Stadium field and into an ambulance.Take a quick survey of the quarterback position around the league: Tony Romo is out again. Robert Griffin III is out again. Jimmy Garoppolo was a burgeoning sensation who couldnt make it through two games without getting hurt.Manning made his first start in the middle of the 2004 season -- 2004 -- and hasnt missed a single game since. Despite his limited athleticism and modest (by NFL standards) physical stature, Manning had an almost magical quality to remain healthy passed down to him from his bigger, better brother.Peyton Manning made 227 consecutive starts before serious neck injuries finally cost him his job and a full season of play, and it appears Eli has a good shot to pass his brother for second place on the consecutive starts list (Brett Favres absurd record of 321 is out of reach). Thats the best reason to believe the 2-0 Giants could finally be back as Super Bowl contenders.Manning didnt throw a touchdown pass in this 16-13 victory over New Orleans; in fact, the Giants only touchdown came on Janoris Jenkins 65-yard return of a blocked field goal. But the quarterback did complete 32 of 41 passes for 368 yards, and he made two crucial third-down completions to set up the winning chip-shot field goal as time expired. Manning found rookie Sterling Shepard in the tightest of windows before the two-minute warning, and he overcame Odell Beckham Jr.s drop of a coulda, woulda, shoulda-been touchdown pass on the final drive to give Victor Cruz a chance to make a breathless, 34-yard catch to the Saints 2-yard line.Elis our captain, our leader, the spearhead of this team, said linebacker Mark Herzlich, wwho has been with the Giants since their most recent Super Bowl season in 2011.ddddddddddddWe love watching Eli play, and we love his poise. I think thats the one thing that keeps him healthy. He has poise in the pocket, poise as a leader and poise as a person.Yet much of the postgame focus centered around the defenses that held two quarterbacks who combined for 13 scoring passes in last seasons meeting to a combined one, the fact that the Giants survived three lost fumbles and the fact that?Drew Brees passed Dan Marino for third place on the all-time passing yardage list (Manning passed Drew Bledsoe for 10th). Giants kicker Josh Brown, who scored the decisive points in his return from a one-game suspension for domestic violence, drew a media crowd at his locker and foolishly failed to express remorse for his conduct.It was a reminder that some people never get it and that some professional athletes can navigate long careers in the New York market without making a single mistake off the field or in front of the notebooks and cameras. Eli Manning, by the way, has been open about his desire to follow the Derek Jeter model: Do your job, conduct yourself as a pro and avoid creating a stir at all costs.?In his news conference, McAdoo was asked more questions about Eli Apple (one) than he was asked about Eli Manning, a two-time Super Bowl MVP. Maybe thats because Manning didnt throw for a score. Maybe thats because Manning hasnt been back to the playoffs since he won that second title for Tom Coughlin. Or maybe thats because Mannings presence is taken for granted, even in Year 1 of Peytons retirement.I try to put in a lot of dedication and work to stay healthy, Eli said Sunday of his durability. I dont know if its my greatest trait, but I definitely like being out there for my teammates.With Washington 0-2 and with Dallas and Philadelphia relying on rookie quarterbacks, Manning makes the Giants the favorites to win the NFC East. He isnt getting ahead of himself (Its only Week 2, he said), but past performance suggests he has a chance to join Peyton, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman and Ben Roethlisberger as the only quarterbacks to win Super Bowls for two different coaches.In the delirious moments after Manning won his second ring, Giants owner John Mara said his quarterback has something different in his DNA than everybody else has. ... The more pressure on him, the better hes going to perform. There are very few people on the planet that have that, and this guys got it.Manning also has a team-centric sense of self. Asked why the Giants were suddenly making the game-shaping plays they couldnt make last season, the quarterback said through a smile, The $200 million we spent, I think, right? I think that had something to do with it right there.That was Jerry Reeses end of the bargain, his Steinbrennerian spending spree in free agency. Before the GM told Manning in their annual late summer meeting that they were both responsible for McAdoos fate, Reese thanked his quarterback for not getting himself hurt in the preseason.The GM knows what all interested New Yorkers know: If you give Eli Manning a competent defense and a few playmakers to work with, hell give you a credible chance to win it all. Camo China NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL T-shirts Disocunt Football Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Jerseys From China Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen