Image and video hosting by TinyPic

gether a team built to win immediately

in
Über uns
25.10.2018 12:00
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

WEST POINT, N.Y. -- Air Force quarterback Arion Worthman found out on Friday that he would be making his first career start. That it would come against service academy rival Army on the road in a critical game apparently was no big deal.The sophomore quarterback passed for 195 yards and one touchdown and rushed for 63 yards and another score, and Air Force beat Army 31-12 on Saturday to win the Commander-in-Chiefs Trophy at Michie Stadium.It just shows the grit of our team, said tailback Jacobi Owens, who rushed for 106 yards and caught a 46-yard touchdown pass from Worthman. Its good to have the trophy back. Well just put it in the middle of the locker room so everybody can see it.The second leg of the round-robin competition between the three service academies ended with the Falcons claiming the prized hardware, emblematic of supremacy among the three schools, for the 20th time. Air Force (6-3), which dispatched Navy 28-14 a month ago, has won all but two of the last 20 games against Army and is 14-10 at Michie Stadium.There are much, much prettier football teams, but we do a super job when it comes to playing together in a group thats just unrelenting in terms of preparation, said Air Force coach Troy Calhoun, who is 9-1 against Army. Were just a gritty, feisty, overachieving (team). Its unlike anything Ive ever been around.Army (5-4) needs to win two more games to become eligible for the postseason for only the second time in 20 years.Its tough, but our guys will bounce back, Army coach Jeff Monken said. Well put it behind us and try to get ready for the next one.Worthman played in place of injured starter Nate Romine. In Air Forces comeback win over Fresno State last week, Worthman relieved Romine in the second half and displayed an instant burst of speed running the triple option with keepers around the edge and used his 5-foot-11, 200-pound frame to muscle through the middle on inside runs.On Saturday, Worthman displayed his multiple talents again, giving Army fits all afternoon, scrambling out of trouble when he had to and hitting the Black Knights time after time with key plays. After an even-fought first half, he gave the Falcons some breathing room on the first possession of the third quarter, scrambling right on a pass play when protection broke down and hitting a wide-open Owens for the game-winning TD.I prepared all week for my opportunity, and I think that helped us mentally, Worthman said. We had a great game plan going in. The first two drive we were able to move the ball. We just didnt put any points on the board. Once the game got flowing and I got my feet wet a little bit, I think we were able to execute a little bit better and finish drives.In their win over Navy, the Falcons held the Middies to 57 yards on the ground, 259 yards below their average and limited Army to 144 yards on 40 rushes. Army entered the game ranked second in the nation in rushing with a 342-yard average and managed just 65 on 19 carries in the opening half, and Kell Walker accounted for half that total on a 32-yard scoring run.Not much to say after that one, Monken said. Were awfully disappointed. Words cant even describe the disappointment.THE TAKEAWAYAir Force: The Falcons clinched their third straight postseason bowl and may have found their quarterback of the future in Worthman, just a sophomore. Romine relieved him late in the game.Army: Army has no tie-in this year to a bowl and probably needs to win its next two games, against Notre Dame and Morgan State, prior to the finale against Navy on Dec. 10 to have a chance to play in the postseason.NUMBERSJalen Robinette had three catches for 104 yards to become Air Forces all-time leading receiver with 2,410 yards, 18 more than Ernie Jennings (1968-70).UP NEXTAir Force: Hosts Colorado State next Saturday.Army: Travels to San Antonio for a neutral site game against Notre Dame in The Alamodome.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Elias Lindholm Jersey .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. Brett Pesce Jersey . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. http://www.hurricanesauthority.com/authentic-victor-rask-hurricanes-jersey/ . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys . Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. Brock McGinn Jersey . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. ARDSLEY, New York -- Kristaps Porzingis has clear expectations for the New York Knicks this season.Obviously, the No. 1 goal is the playoffs this year, he said Saturday at a camp he hosted for children in Westchester, New York. Thats where my head is at. I cant be thinking nothing past that. Right now its the playoffs.The Knicks have missed the playoffs for three straight seasons and won just 32 games in 2015-16. But team president Phil Jackson put together a roster designed to win immediately this summer when he traded for Derrick Rose and signed Joakim Noah and Brandon Jennings.Rose has garnered attention this offseason for saying that the Knicks share the same Super Team label as the Golden State Warriors. He also believes the Knicks have the talent to win every game they play this season. Porzingis said Saturday that he appreciates Roses confidence.I dont know whats a Super Team and whats not a Super Team but what I think he meant was that were able to win every game, the second-year forward/center said. Not that were going to win 82 games, zero (losses). But every team that comes up, were able to beat them because we have enough talent. I think thats what he meant and I like the confidence, I like that he believes that were good enough. So its just, now weve got to prove it. Its enough talking and weve got to go out on the court and prove that were a good team.The addition of Rose has led some to wonder if Porzingis will get fewer touches and shots in the coming season. Both Rose and Carmelo Anthony have had the ball in their hands extensively over the course of their careers; they each used more than 27 percent of their teams possessions while on the floor last season.Will that leave fewer touches for Porzingis this season?Thats secondary for me, he said. If we can win games, it doesnt matterr who is scoring.dddddddddddd If we as a team can win [it doesnt] matter who is taking how many shots, at least for me. So if we all have that same mentality then were going to be fine.... Its just as simple as that.Some observers also feel that the Knicks decision to put together a team built to win immediately -- rather than a club that can develop slowly around Porzingis timeline -- will impact his long-term growth. But Porzingis doesnt see it that way.Not really. I know, [with] the team drafting me, they want me to grow and grow into a star, a superstar. So I believe that theyre going to help me grow, he said. And they know the type of guy that I am. When I have difficulties, I will not complain.... If were winning, thats all that matters to me. If were winning, Ill be happy. And that can help me grow. Last season helped me grow because we lost, and thats a lot to take mentally. But as long as were winning and Im playing hard and with intensity -- and I have the right mindset -- then well be fine.To that end, Porzingis and some other Knicks have been working out at the team facility and the gym in his building in Manhattan in recent days. Porzingis has been impressed by playing with Rose, who is a defendant in a civil suit involving an alleged sexual assault that is set to go to trial on Oct. 4.How explosive he is and everything, hes still got it, said Porzingis, who weighs between 238-240 pounds entering training camp. Hes still Derrick Rose. And so it will be exciting to play with him. He draws so much attention when hes driving hes so dangerous that Im going to be wide open and thats what Im looking forward to. Hes going to be creating for me and other teammates. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen