Image and video hosting by TinyPic

nce last year?Vinci: A lot! When I beat Serena, and got to my first Grand Slam final, it gave me a lot of confidence for the res

in Unsere Regeln 02.11.2018 01:44
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

Then-ranked No. 42, Roberta Vinci stunned the world when she upset Serena Williams in the semifinals of the 2015 US Open and ended Williams quest for the elusive calendar Grand Slam. Vinci lost to fellow Italian Flavia Pennetta in the final, but she proved herself to be a top singles player during her time in Flushing Meadows.Now the No. 7 seed, the 33-year-old enters the 2016 tournament with her eyes set on winning her first Grand Slam singles title (she has five doubles titles) and showing her magical 2015 run was no fluke. She opens play against Anna-Lena Friedsam and wouldnt see Serena before the final.We caught up with Vinci this week at the Connecticut Open in her final tune-up before the Open.espnW: You had such an amazing run last year at the US Open. How does that change how you go into the tournament this year?Roberta Vinci: Well, I had a great year last year, I had great results last year at the US Open, I beat Serena [Williams], I have a lot of great memories. But its tough to repeat the same results, but of course I will try my best, and I wont think about my final last year. I know I have a lot of points to defend for my ranking, but I dont want to think about this. I just want to play my game, and go match by match and in the end see where I am.espnW: What did beating Serena do for your confidence last year?Vinci: A lot! When I beat Serena, and got to my first Grand Slam final, it gave me a lot of confidence for the rest of the season, and also this year. I never changed anything in my game, but I just played with a lot of confidence in myself after that.espnW: A number of people called your win over Serena one of the biggest upsets of all time, what did that win feel like for you standing there after the match?Vinci: Its not easy to beat Serena! It was the best match and the best day of my life. Of course, I didnt expect that win. Serena was, and is, No. 1 in the world but sometimes these things can happen -- something special can happen.espnW: Whats your favorite part of the US Open?Vinci: The crowd. The atmosphere on center court is incredible. For me, the crowd is just fantastic.espnW: Is there anything you just have to do while in New York?Vinci: When Im in New York, I love to go to this small shop. It has Italian coffee. Its close to my hotel and I like to go for breakfast. I go every day. Its just part of my routine now when playing at the US Open. Rafael Bush Jersey . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. Wholesale Bills Jerseys Online . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. http://www.cheapbillsjerseysonline.com/?tag=kyle-williams-jersey-online .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. Wholesale Bills Jerseys China . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. O. J. Simpson Jersey . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. LONDON -- Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman was eager to get on an airplane and head overseas to London.It wasnt the sightseeing he was looking forward to. It was the challenge.Norman, the leagues top-paid corner, will face a test in Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green, who enters the game between the teams at Wembley Stadium on Sunday with the most catches and second-most receiving yards of any player.The Redskins have faced a number of top-tier wide receivers already this season, including the Odell Beckham Jr. of the New York Giants and Dez Bryant of the Dallas Cowboys, but Green is different.Hes the focal point of the leagues fifth-ranked offense and, at 6-foot-4 and 210 pounds, arguably the hardest of the bunch to bring down.I think hes a top-three, if not five, wide receiver in the NFL, Norman said Friday. Hes at the top of his (game). Its cool to see talent like that come out here that we get to match up with. Its always an opportunity to get better, and he is a person you can do that with.Whether Norman gets that chance, of course, remains to be seen. He missed most of the second half of the Redskins loss to the Detroit Lions last Sunday after sustaining a concussion, though he was cleared to participate in the teams practice at Twyford Ground in Acton and is listed as questionable to play.Although unlikely, the Redskins could also be without cornerback Bashaud Breeland, who is also listed as questionable on the injury report. He missed two games with a sprained ankle, then returned for the game against the Lions -- only to sprain his right ankle.That could force Washingtons defensive line -- particularly its pass rush -- to shoulder greater responsibility in containing Green and the rest of the Bengals fourth-ranked passing offense.That puts a little bit extra pressure on us to get after the quarterback and get it out of his hands a little bit quicker so they dont have to cover as long, defensive end Chris Baker said. But, weve got really good corners, and theyll be ready to go as soon as the game is on.Green, who has 50 catches for 775 yards and three touchdowns, has had three games already this season with at least 169 yards. That output was on display Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, when he caught eight passes -- including one for 48 yards and a touchdown in the second quarter.At the same time, the Redskins were struggling to finish off the Lions, wwho drove 75 yards in the final 1:05 to seize a come-from-behind 20-17 victory with 16 seconds remaining.dddddddddddd.Washingtons defensive strategy during that drive was criticized afterward by some players, including Baker and defensive end Ricky Jean Francois, as coordinator Joe Barry sent only three rushers at quarterback Matthew Stafford on the play in which Anquan Boldin had an 18-yard touchdown reception.Maintaining adequate pressure on Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton, then, will be paramount on Sunday. He has been sacked 22 times this season, the second-most in the league, and Baker said the Redskins have noticed how other teams have beaten Cincinnatis protection.If they can be successful there, and they can contain Green, a seven-hour trip home to Washington and a bye week will be all the more palatable for the Redskins.Every time you watch a game, you see him getting sacked a lot, so we just have to do our part in putting him in long-yardage situations and situations where he has to hold the ball, Baker said. I know our corners are going to do their job in playing tight coverage, so we have to do our job in getting after the quarterback and getting him down just like everybody else has.Game notes RB Matt Jones (knee) will not play on Sunday after sustaining what he said was a bruise and some cartilage damage in the second quarter of the loss to the Lions. Jones, who has 99 carries for 460 yards and three touchdowns, did not practice at any point during the week. Without Jones, the Redskins will turn to Chris Thompson, who ran for a career-high 73 yards against the Lions, and rookie Robert Kelley. They also signed Mack Brown off their practice squad and cut safety Josh Evans. ... Among the eight other players considered questionable for the game are LT Trent Williams (knee), WR DeSean Jackson (shoulder, hamstring), TE Jordan Reed (concussion), WR Jameson Crowder (groin) and RG Brandon Scherff (shoulder). ... The 6-foot-5, 320-pound Williams didnt get a chance to rest on the flight, but wasnt worried. You get one good night of sleep and youll be back on schedule, he said. I plan on doing that tonight.---AP Sports Writer Stephen Whyno in Ashburn, Virginia, contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen