Image and video hosting by TinyPic

for-7.Bumgarner is 0-1 in his last three sta

in
Über uns
04.11.2018 11:52
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

President-elect Donald Trump met Tuesday with several black celebrities, including rap mogul and possible future presidential candidate Kanye West, to talk about some of the issues facing inner city African-Americans.I feel it is important to have a direct line of communication with our future president if we truly want change, West later said in a tweet.Trump met with West, former NFL linebacker Ray Lewis and NFL icon and civil rights leader Jim Brown, along with longtime Trump backer Omarosa Manigault, at Trump Tower in New York City on Tuesday. West refused to comment with reporters after the meeting, instead saying only I just want to take a picture right now as he posed for pictures with Trump.A few minutes later, West tweeted from his (at)kanyewest account that he met with Trump to discuss multicultural issues including bullying, education and violence in Chicago.West announced last year at the Video Music Awards that he would run for president in 2020. That means he would face Trump if the president-elect seeks a second term. After meeting with Trump, West hashtagged a tweet (hash)2024, the first time someone would be able to run for president outside of a possible two-term Trump presidency.This all comes as civil rights leaders have been asking for a meeting with Trump to discuss his upcoming administrations positions on issues like housing and urban renewal. The Rev. Jesse Jackson and other civil rights leaders last week wrote Trump to ask for a meeting to discuss urban policies, and to hold a White House conference on violence.It was not immediately known whether Trump would be meeting with civil rights leaders. Meeting with black celebrities -- especially West -- is not going to give Trump much credibility among black voters, said Leah Wright Rigueur, a professor of public policy at Harvard Universitys Kennedy School of Government.Exit polls showed only about 8 percent of black voters backed Trump.While Trump may see this as establishing a level of legitimacy, it does nothing to validate him among black audiences. Kanyes recent views are outside the mainstream of black political thought, as are Donald Trump, she said. If anything, the association only serves to weaken Kanyes standing, particularly since Kanye has been silent on issues like economic inequality, joblessness, criminal justice reform and Black Lives Matter.Brown and Lewis said they talked with Trump about the new administration partnering with Browns Amer-I-Can outreach program, which aims to teach life skills to young people from poor backgrounds.The full governmental involvement of President Barack Obamas signature program, My Brothers Keeper, which is designed to improve the lives of boys and young men of color, will likely come to an official end at the conclusion of his presidency.Brown said he didnt vote for Trump. But we couldnt have had a better meeting, said Brown, a three-time MVP who retired from football to pursue an acting career and crusade for racial justice. The graciousness, the intelligence, the reception we got was fantastic.Lewis, a former Super Bowl MVP, said on Twitter that wherever Papa JB asks me to go I go. His vision is beyond platforms.After the meeting, Lewis praised the Amer-I-Can program, saying because of it we have 30,000-40,000 former gang members whove changed their lives.If they can partner with the Trump administration, forget black or white. Black or white is irrelevant, Lewis said. The bottom line is job creation and economic development in these urban areas to change the whole scheme of what our kids see. Larry Warford Jersey . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. Cameron Meredith Jersey . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. http://www.cheapsaintsjerseysonline.com/?tag=sam-mills-jersey-online . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Cameron Jordan Jersey . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. Teddy Bridgewater Jersey . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. WASHINGTON -- When the Nationals and Giants met last weekend in San Francisco, neither Stephen Strasburg or Madison Bumgarner pitched in the four-game series.It almost happened this time as the two All-Stars were originally slated to face each other Sunday. But the Nationals made a pitching change and will go with Tanner Roark on Sunday after Strasburg went Saturday against the Giants and suffered the 7-1 loss.It was a big game, said manager Bruce Bochy, whose club had lost 14 of its previous 19 outings.The Giants got a lift Saturday from third baseman Eduardo Nunez, who came to the team in a trade in late July. He had four hits Saturday, including two triples.You saw what he could do tonight. You saw what he could do tonight. He brings a lot of energy to the lineup, Bochy said of Nunez. He can do a lot of things for you. I knew I was going to play him today. It is important to get him going. This year he came into his own and made the All-Star team. This kid is talented. He adds a dimension with speed and energy he brings to the club.The Giants try to gain some momentum with Bumgarner (10-6, 2.25 ERA), who has made 23 starts this year and averages nearly seven innings per outing. He has gone 155 2/3 innings and allowed 122 hits and 38 walks with 174 strikeouts. Opponents are hitting just .211 against him.While Bumgarner is a former World Series MVP, Roark may be one of the most underrated starters in the game.Roark, a 25th-round pick by the Texas Rangers, became a starter for the Nationals in 2014 and won 15 games.He was used mostly out of the bullpen last year but has been in the rotation again this year.The University of Illinois product is 11-6 with a 3.02 ERA in 23 games (22 starts). He has gone 143 innings and allowed 125 hits and 43 walks with 119 strikeouts. Opponents have an average of .239 againnst Roark.ddddddddddddHe had a career-high 15 strikeouts against the Twins on April 23.I was just locked in. Every single pitch was on point, Roark said in the teams Inside Pitch magazine.Giants hitters have very little track record against Roark. Buster Posey is 4-for-9 against Roark while Brandon Crawford is 2-for-7.Bumgarner is 0-1 in his last three starts while Roark is 2-1 with a 4.42 ERA in that span.Roark is 4-0 with a 3.32 ERA in five games (two starts) against the Giants. He faced them on July 28 and gave up just one run in seven innings. Roark leads the league in outings in which he has allowed no runs while going seven innings, which he has done six times.While the Nationals only face the Giants in two series per year, Washington batters have fared well against North Carolina native Bumgarner in a small sample size.Anthony Rendon is hitting .444 in nine at-bats and Ben Revere is 7-for-14.Clint Robinson, a backup first baseman, has hit .667 in three at-bats against Bumgarner.The availability of right fielder Bryce Harper may be in question Sunday for Washington.He grimaced while fouling off a pitch in his second at-bat Saturday night. He stayed in the game but struck out for the third time in three trips to the plate before he was replaced in right field by Brian Goodwin.Hes OK. Hes had a stiff neck for a couple of days, Washington manager Dusty Baker said. Anybody who has ever had a stiff neck, I mean, you know youre not yourself. So I took him out for precaution. Well see if its any better tomorrow.You can wake up in the morning and its an issue. Hes been dealing with this for a couple of days. I think this was the second day. I decided to take him out of the game. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen