Image and video hosting by TinyPic

and ripped a savage cross-court forehand. Mahut, transfixed, could only get a frame on it.The No. 28-seeded Querrey went on to s

in Unsere Regeln 07.11.2018 05:25
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

LONDON -- Youve just played the match of your life, ending Novak Djokovics 30-match Grand Slam winning streak. How do you possibly summon the strength and concentration required to follow that up -- against an unseeded Frenchman ranked No. 51 in the world?Oddly enough, it wasnt a problem Monday for smiling, happy-go-lucky Sam Querrey, who is playing like he doesnt fully comprehend where he is.A single shot captured his uncanny verve and nerve on the way to the Wimbledon quarterfinals: With Nicolas Mahut serving at 4-5, 15-all in the first set, Querrey was forced to retreat from the net when Mahut struck a beautiful lob, high and deep. Querrey raced back to the baseline, turned swiftly and ripped a savage cross-court forehand. Mahut, transfixed, could only get a frame on it.The No. 28-seeded Querrey went on to score the decisive break and went on to win the match 6-4, 7-6 (5), 6-4.It was a match I wanted to win to make it to the quarterfinals, Querrey said. If I didnt win, there would have been a lot of, `Wow, it was kind of a fluky match against Novak because you didnt back it up.I feel like I did a really good job of putting my head down and playing really well today.And so for Querrey, a 28-year-old Californian, the glorious run continues. He has made some personal history here, becoming:? A Grand Slam quarterfinalist for the first time, on his 38th try.? The first American to reach the quarters at Wimbledon since Mardy Fish in 2011.? The first U.S. man to reach the quarters at any Slam in nearly five years, going back to John Isner and Andy Roddick at the 2011 US Open.After beating Djokovic, Querrey got the expected flood of texts from family and friends -- and admitted he wasnt afraid to re-experience that marvelous moment by watching SportsCenter.Im not going to lie, Querrey said. After the Novak match, I watched every highlight I could, over and over. Enjoyed the hell out of that moment.For me, the win was real exciting. But my match today, I was playing for my first [major] quarterfinal. There was still something exciting, like another carrot on the line for me to play for.Mahuts brush with fame came here six years ago when he was on the losing end of that 70-68 fifth set with Isner. After the longest match in tennis history, the 34-year-old Frenchman acquitted himself well, graciously, patiently answering questions on a daily basis.What casual tennis fans probably didnt know is that Mahut is something of a wizard when the surface is grass. All five of his finals appearances (and three titles) have come on grass. His career record is 150-186 (.446), but a spiffy 63-34 (.649) on grass. Hes also half of the No. 1-seeded doubles team here, with fellow Frenchman Pierre-Hugues Herbert.Curiously, Mahut had also beaten Querrey in their two previous meetings, at the 2015 US Open and a few weeks ago in The Netherlands on grass. Mahut, an agile and forward-moving athlete, has a rare affinity for picking up those low, skidding balls that Wimbledon presents.Mahut was still hanging around in the second set, which wound up in a tiebreaker. Querrey hit an unreturnable serve for a 5-4 lead and went up 6-4 when Mahut sent a forehand long. He converted his second set point while standing at net, tapping a forehand into the open court.On a day reserved for fireworks in the States, Querreys serve sizzled. He hit 83 serves, and 43 of them did not come back. Thats a phenomenal percentage of 52 percent -- a lot of free points. He had 23 aces, and through four matches is at 97, second to Isners 114.Querrey finished it famously; the last three points were all emphatic aces.Over his career, Querrey has developed a reputation for playing less than his best when the stakes are highest. Here at Wimbledon, he has been a different man.After beating Djokovic on Wimbledons second-largest court, No. 1 Court, the intimacy of Court 18 -- it features only 800 seats -- might have been a blessing for Querrey.I was fine with whatever court they threw me on today, he said. You know, I havent felt many nerves yet this week. I think Im kind of over that almost. Hopefully, will just kind of play freely and have fun and play big and hopefully get another win.Hes sitting at the very top of the mens draw, waiting for the Milos Raonic-David Goffin match to produce his next opponent. So far, Smiling Sam has made this run through some heavy metal look like a stroll across the street in sprawling Wimbledon Park.Querrey will have a rare day off Tuesday. His team will make every effort to keep him loose and unaware of the dizzying heights his play has taken him to. Cheap Bills Jerseys Free Shipping . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. Eddie Yarbrough Jersey . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. http://www.cheapbillsjerseyssale.com/?tag=kelvin-benjamin-jersey-sale . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. Ray-Ray McCloud Jersey . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Robert Foster Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. The European Rocket League had its Regional Championships this Sunday to decide the seeding for the International Grand Finals in Amsterdam on Dec. 3. The teams competed for $25,000 and better seeding in the Grand Finals.Match one: Mockit Aces versus Northern GamingIn what was one of the best sets of Rocket League in a long time, Northern Gaming defeated Mockit Aces 4-3 with multiple games going to overtime. Northern Gaming advanced to the Finals to play the winner of FlipSid3 Tactics and Precision Z; Mockit, on the other hand, moved to the third place match versus the other defeated team. This victory is key for Northern, as it seals them into a top two seed for the Grand Finals.Match two: FlipSid3 Tactics versus Precision ZIn the second match of the day, FlipSid3 Tactics dispatched Precision Z in 4-1 fashion. Precision Z were outshot by more than two shots every game, by five in all but one game. Precision Z moved on to face Mockit Aces in the third place match while FlipSid3 moved forward to the finals to play for the number one seed against Northern Gaming.Match three: Precision Z versus Mockit AcesThe third place match was just about as close as a 4-0 sweep can ever be.dddddddddddd Mockit swept Precision Z coming back from two goals behind in three of four games. While the score will forever show a 4-0, Precision Z can be hopeful they squared up against one of the best European teams and kept it close. Expect a real challenge from Precision Z in Amsterdam.Match four: Northern Gaming versus FlipSid3 TacticsFlipSid3 Tactics took the final match of the day and the number one seed from Europe with an incredible 4-0 sweep over Northern Gaming. In what was a very unexpected result, Northern Gaming seemed to have no reply to the incredible offense from FlipSid3. The result wins FlipSid3 a first round matchup against the struggling Take 3 from North America.The next event in RLCS will be the International Grand Finals in early Decemember with the eight best teams in the world facing off. With the seeding decided, the overall ladder for the RLCS Grand Finals in Amsterdam looks like this:1. FlipSid3 Tactics 2. Northern Gaming 3. Mockit Aces 4. Precision Z Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen