Image and video hosting by TinyPic

n the great defenders of the world -- Munawwar uz Zaman, Akhtar Rasool. I dont think anybody in current hockey can compare to hi

in Unsere Regeln 07.11.2018 05:34
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

Former teammates and rivals -- including three of his India captains -- on the life and skills of Mohammad Shahid.Zafar Iqbal, former India captain:??All of us from one generation are very sad today. We have lost one of our teammates, one of the best players to have ever played for India, one of the most talented and generous. But even more than that, I will always think of him as my partner -- Shahid and I played together for seven years.We had a very strong bond, though he was four years younger than me, joined the team after I did and was a shy and a simple guy. We played up front together and whenever we would meet again, we would talk about the old days -- the good and the bad. And have a laugh.He was a terrific player, and throughout his stint with the national team, at the Olympics and I always thought he was such an extraordinary dribbler and the reason he didnt score many goals himself was because he was just too fast. He would do all the work for us up front, and be the creator, make the defence go one way, and then pass the ball the other onwards to his teammate who would score. For instance, at the 1980 Olympics, our top scorer was Surinder Singh Sodhi, but I would say that almost every goal of his was created by Shahid.When I think about it now, if Shahid hadnt played as well as he did in 1980, we would have been in great trouble. Against Spain and Poland [both pool matches were drawn 2-2, while India beat Spain 4-3 in the final] and Soviet Union [which India won 4-2], he thrived in the opponents defence, he was simply brilliant. They just couldnt understand what he was doing. His turning was extraordinary. Entire defences would be wrong-footed. He was a genius.I had a chance to meet him once when he was in hospital and remember him asking me, Zafarbhai, aapka golf kaisa chal raha hai (How is your golf going on)? I told him not to get anxious about the hospital and the ICU and he replied, Nahin, zaroor theek ho jaayenge (Dont worry, I will recover). Even then his condition was quite critical. Last night, I rushed back from Aligarh to see the family. We knew that it was all over. Goodbye, partner, rest in peace.MM Somaya, former India captain: This has come as an absolute shock to all of us. We played together for about 10 years and he was my teammate in three Olympics [1980, 1984 and 1988]. I went to see him about two-three weeks back, and I had mentally prepared myself for this day. But it is still too shocking for all of us.During my time, he was the best and most gifted of hockey players. He was a crowd-puller, and he was a great attraction for the crowd. More than that, he was an excellent person too. He was serious on the field, but away from it, he was always in a light-hearted mood. He always kept us regaled with his jokes.V Baskaran, former India captain: Today I lost a great friend. He was my room partner during the four-nation event in Kuala Lumpur in 1979. He was just 19 years old, but such a skilful player. He was taking on the great defenders of the world -- Munawwar uz Zaman, Akhtar Rasool. I dont think anybody in current hockey can compare to him.Shahid didnt like to mark. He would just say to me, Mera ball de dena, jo kuch karna hoga, main kar loonga (Just give me the ball, and leave the rest to me). He also played very well in the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, where his duel with Australian captain Ric Charlesworth was brilliant. Charlesworth was the inside right, and he kept trying to bottle up Shahid. But he never felt any pressure. In fact, it was always his opponents who felt the pressure.He was a great team-man and a great soul.MK Kaushik, former teammate and former Indian womens team coach: Weve lost a great player to say the least. The way he used to dribble past defenders, taking them on the wrong foot, was completely incredible. He was talented, hard-working and confident on the field. He had a great sense of humour and more importantly was a great human being. For me the loss is even more profound since we shared a very close friendship. He was the No. 1 player of his time and his contribution to Indias performance at the 1980 Olympics is unforgettable.Ric Charlesworth, former Australia captain: Im deeply sad to hear about Shahids demise. He was one of the most wonderful, skillful and mesmerizing players Ive ever played against. He certainly did give me a tough time. In the early 1980s when Indian hockey was at its strongest for the last time, he was the central plank of it. For India, Ajitpal [Singh] was a marvellous organizer and creator in the middle of the field, then there was Zafar Iqbal who had dangerous penetration. Shahids ability to deceive and create something out of nothing was amazing. Also impressive was his ball control. With him around we never knew what to expect. You would think he was going one way but he would change course before you knew it.(As told to Debayan Sen and Susan Ninan) Carnell Lake Jersey . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Mel Blount Jersey . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. http://www.cheapsteelersjerseyssale.com/?tag=dermontti-dawson-jersey-sale . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. James Conner Jersey . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Matthew Thomas Jersey . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft. Boise State finds itself in the favorites role when it comes to landing the coveted New Years Six bowl bid that goes to the top team that isnt associated with a power conference.The No. 13 Broncos (7-0, 3-0 Mountain West) only have two bona fide hurdles left to clear and one of them is when they visit Wyoming (5-2, 3-0) on Saturday in the 7,220-foot altitude of Laramie (7 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network).A loss to the Cowboys would be painful and could even prevent Boise State from playing in the conference title game.But Broncos coach Bryan Harsin is worried about more than that aspect. He is fixated on getting his offense to avoid miscues as Boise State committed five turnovers while surviving against BYU and pulling out a 28-27 victory on a blocked field goal last Thursday.You could say we were lucky, or you could say we persevered, Harsin said at a press conference. Nobody folded. They all worked hard and found a way to win. We are 7-0. We found the way to win.A big factor in Boise States undefeated season has been the play of junior running back Jeremy McNichols, who has carried the ball a whopping 70 times over the past two games.McNichols has rushed for 915 yards -- sixth nationally -- and 12 touchdowns. He also has four receiving scores, including a 76-yard catch-and-run touchdown against BYU.McNichols production has been so superb that Harsin sees no reason to lessen his workload.Jeremy has shown that he wants the ball in his hands, Harsin said. He wants a chance to win the game. He continues to improve. Hes versatile, and a guy like him, you want the ball in his hands.McNichols is on pace to top the 1,337 rushing yards -- sixth-most in Boise State history -- that he put up last season. The school record is 1,823 in 2014 by Jay Ajayi, who is fresh off posting back-to-back 200-yard rushing games for the NFLs Miami Dolphins.Wyoming features its own stellar running back in junior Brian Hill, who is one of just two players nationally to exceed 1,000 rushing yards. Hill has rushed for 1,010 yards and 11 touchdowns after producing 289 yards and three scores in last Saturdays 42-34 victory over Nevada.Hills 289-yard effort was the second-best single-game output in school history. He is Wyomings all-time leading rusher with 33,437 yards.ddddddddddddBrian really showed his skill, Wyoming coach Craig Bohl said during a press conference. Hes got some great vision combined with speed. He was elusive, but I think the biggest thing was he was relentless. It was a phenomenal dayYou never want to make it an individual performance, but I think we need to note he was exceptional.The Cowboys are also receiving solid production from sophomore quarterback Josh Allen and senior receiver Tanner Gentry. Allen has accounted for 15 touchdowns (10 passing, five rushing) and Gentry has 38 receptions for 612 yards and five scores.Wyomings suspect defense is allowing 30.3 points per game. Sophomore free safety Andrew Wingard has a team-best 75 tackles while sophomore strong safety Marcus Epps and sophomore cornerback Antonio Hull each have three interceptions.Boise State should be able to move the ball against the Cowboys but the big issue will be the turnover margin.The Broncos have forced only three turnovers this season -- fewest in the nation. And those five miscues against BYU included two interceptions returned for touchdowns.The propensity to turn the ball over greatly irritates Harsin.The turnovers have got to stop, Harsin said. Thats one big thing. Even in defeat we talk about turnovers all the time, so were going to talk about them in victory as well. That doesnt change.We have a standard and weve gotten three this year and given up 11. Thats not a good ratio for us in the turnover category. Were certainly aware of that and it needs to change.Sophomore quarterback Brett Rypien passed for 442 yards and three touchdowns versus BYU to raise his season totals to 2,064 passing yards and 15 touchdowns.Senior receiver Thomas Sperbeck is enjoying a superb campaign with 47 receptions for 810 yards and seven touchdowns. He is the schools record-holder with 3,139 career receiving yards after passing Titus Young (3,063 from 2007-10) during the BYU contest.Sophomore nose tackle David Moa is excelling on defense and has recorded a team-best 6.5 sacks. He also saved the victory over BYU by blocking a 44-yard field goal with 10 seconds left. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen