Image and video hosting by TinyPic

yschina.com/]Cheap Football Jerseys Stor

in
Über uns
16.11.2018 00:07
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

When Marwa Amri was last on Indian TV screens three months ago, she had just won bronze at the Olympics, and after flag-waving celebrations with her coach, was sharing the podium with Sakshi Malik. It was a special moment for India but it was an even bigger moment for Amri - shed become not just the first Tunisian but the first African woman to win an Olympic medal in wrestling.On Saturday, Amri, 27, was at a promotional event in Mumbai. Dressed trendily, her highlighted hair tumbling down, she fit right in at the upmarket Mumbai hotel where this correspondent met her. What stood out, though, was the large bronze disc that she kept close to her and gazed at from time to time.Life has changed a lot, Amri said.The bronze medal isnt just a validation of all the hours and years of hard work she put into the game, it has also become a passport to a different world. In India as a guest of the Pro Wrestling League (PWL), Amri has been feted, done the Bollywood round - posing for pictures outside Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khans houses - and is now set to attend a big fat Indian wedding when fellow wrestler Geeta Phogat ties the knot on November 20.Im very, very happy, she said. I couldnt sleep for two days after I won the medal, it was a little unbelievable. I slept with the medal the day I won it. Now I get called for events and functions.The upcoming PWL will be her first event after the Olympics, where she defeated Azerbaijans Yuliya Ratkevich 6-3 in the 58-kg bronze medal bout to create African sporting history. I was aware of the history I was about to create, and it was added pressure during the Olympics, she said. Her medal was won in the last ten seconds, when she lifted Raktevich off her feet and pinned her for a four-pointer. In one move she overcame the 2-3 deficit and launched her country in a new territory of athletic success.Before that I had won a few big medals, African championships, world championships, but this was the one I really wanted. In those last ten seconds, I knew when I went in for the move that I would get at least two points, I had to. When the final whistle blew, Amri sank to her knees and let the tears flow. Her coach Zouhair Seighir then carried her on his shoulders for a victory lap.My coach, he has been with me for about 10 years, she said. There were so many times when I wanted to give up, when I was losing or things were not going my way. Wrestling is not big in Tunisia, and I would ask him why are there no camps set up for me, why dont I have better sparring partners, he would ask me to calm down and train. He used to be a wrestler in his day, and had played a few international competitions, but never the Olympics. He taught me to dream. He would keep me going on when I wanted to quit.****The oldest of four siblings, Amri grew up with a sense of responsibility. Her father had died when she was nine and she would help her mother bake bread to keep the household running. At 11, Amri found wrestling.I just took it up because I liked it... my school had an indoor hall and mat. Tunis, the capital city that obsessed over football, had little to give a budding woman wrestler. Forget Tunis, the whole of Tunisia had about seven womens wrestlers when I started, Amri recalls. I used to spar with boys. While they are stronger, women react to situations differently and come up with techniques or moves that are unexpected. Ask her to explain, and she says that men go more by the textbook while women are better at improvising. Also, there wasnt much money to fund my international trips. Ahead of the bigger competitions, like the African championships, the government would help but otherwise I had to fend for myself. None of the girls that I started with continued. One of her younger sisters also took up the sport but gave up quickly because she didnt enjoy it. Amri, though, kept stoking her dream. She got a degree in physical education and worked as a PE instructor in a school in the town of El Omrane. The down time was spent watching Indian movies and serials, which were dubbed in Arabic.I would work every day. Finish training, then go to work, then back to training. The schedule - two sessions of two hours every day, with a focus on diet and cardio closer to events - wouldnt ease even during the month of Ramadan.The Olympic dream first became a reality in 2008, when she competed at the Beijing Games. I finished 10th in Beijing (in 55 kg). But having competed there, I knew I could win an Olympic medal. I was a little better in London (she made the quarterfinals). And this time I just didnt want to let it go. Amri had made the bronze medal bout through the repechage round and pinned down the opportunity with dramatic flair.Have things changed in Tunisia for women wrestlers? Not really, she concedes; theres too many more girls joining the sport, or sponsors coming in, but she hopes things will change in the near future. Its not impossible, she says. And another twirl of the bronze medal validates her belief.(Deepti Patwardhan is a freelance journalist based in Mumbai) Air Jordan 5 Retro For Sale . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. Retro 5 Air Jordans For Sale . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. http://www.cheapairjordan5.com/ . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. Cheap Jordan 5 For Sale . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct. Wholesale Air Jordan 5 . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. The best team in the 2016 NBA playoffs was not the Cleveland Cavaliers, at least not in the eyes of Andre Iguodala.?Iguodala gave that label to the team his Golden State Warriors beat in the Western Conference finals -- Oklahoma City?-- and said he believes the Thunder deserved to win the title.They played us better than anyone, Iguodala told Power 105.1 radio in New York on Wednesday. They played us better than Cleveland. Some of the stuff they was doing, its like ... Oh, man. We gotta play perfect.The Thunder held a 3-1 series lead on the Warriors in the West finals but squandered a double-digit lead at home in the second half of Game 6 before being eliminated in Game 7 in Oakland, California.?Much has changed since.?The Cavaliers, led by LeBrron James, delivered the city of Cleveland its first title in more than 50 years thanks to a Game 7 victory over Golden State, which had won the championship a year earlier behind Finals MVP Iguodala.dddddddddddd?This month, Thunder star Kevin Durant opted to leave Oklahoma City via free agency and join forces with Iguodala, Stephen Curry and others with the Warriors.Now that we got KD, I can say it: They were the best team last year in the league in the playoffs, Iguodala said of OKC. They were better than us. They were better than Cleveland. They were the best team in the playoffs. They shouldve won a championship. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen