Image and video hosting by TinyPic

yschinawholesale.com/]Wholesale Jerseys China[

in
Über uns
16.11.2018 00:08
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon has a message for the opponents of expanded replay in baseball, the critics who talk about the human element and the pace of the game. Go all the way, he said. "I really challenge them to go back and throw away all this new stuff. Microwaves, throw it away," Maddon said. "Take away all these comforts of this technology thats sprung up over the last how many years to make our lives better. To just bury your head in the sand and just reference old school all the time to me is a really poor argument." While Maddon was ready to dive straight into expanded replay, much of baseball offered a tentative endorsement of Thursdays proposal for increased video review options for next season. Atlanta Braves President John Schuerholz, a member of baseballs replay committee along with former managers Joe Torre and Tony La Russa, said 89 per cent of incorrect calls made in the past will be reviewable, but he did not provide a list. "Im all for getting calls right. Thats a good thing," Twins catcher Joe Mauer said. "I really havent seen the changes that are going to be made, so I really dont have an opinion on that. But to make the game better, thats what were all striving for." A 75 per cent vote by the owners is needed for approval, and the players association and umpires would have to agree to any changes to the current system. But most players and managers seemed pleased while waiting to learn more about the new system. "Im all for it, reviewing the plays," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "I am, and how we do it, Im not set in a certain way, but I think its a good thing. I think most managers are all for it, too, and I think most umpires. Its all about getting it right so Im excited to hear this has a strong possibility to be part of the game." Umpires have come under increased scrutiny following several missed calls this season. Managers will be allowed one challenge over the first six innings of a game and two from the seventh inning until the completion of the game. Balls and strikes are not reviewable, and challenged calls are settled by a crew at MLB headquarters in New York City, which will make a final ruling. The amount of challenges and the emphasis on the last part of the game drew the attention of several managers. "I just dont like the idea that the earlier part of the game is considered less important than the latter part of the game," Maddon said. "Thats all. I know weve lost games in the first inning. You could lose games in the second inning." Royals manager Ned Yost thinks three challenges is too many. "Its more than we need," he said. "Im sitting back and thinking, probably in the last two weeks or three weeks, I cant think of three balls I would have challenged, but its still nice to have the ability to be able to do it." A manager who sees a call he feels is incorrect can file a challenge with the crew chief or home plate umpire. Only reviewable plays can be challenged. Non-reviewable plays can still be argued by managers, who can request that the umpires discuss it to see if another member of the crew saw the play differently. Reviewable plays cannot be argued by the manager. Challenges not used in the first six innings will not carry over, and a manager who wins a review will retain it. The home run replay rules currently in use will be grandfathered in to the new system, Schuerholz said. "I think the biggest thing is that everybody watching the game knows at home -- you know, because they replay it -- so we want to make sure the calls get right," said pitcher C.J. Wilson, the union rep for the Angels, "and weve had some instances where the calls havent been right over the last couple years. "Thats why weve gone to the replay thing, is because the seasons coming down to the last game for some of these teams that are in the wild-card race or whatever," he said, "and if they lose a game because of a replay that doesnt happen, you can imagine how upset they would be." One of the biggest concerns is slowing down the game. Schuerholz said with a direct line of communication between the central office and the ballparks the expectation is that replays under the new system will take 1 minute, 15 seconds. Current replays average just over 3 minutes. Some said the use of replay could have a positive effect on the pace because it will prevent many on-field arguments. "I like the fact that I dont have to argue with the umpires, because Im not a good arguer to begin with," Yost said. "I lose my mind, I start using bad language, and you dont get anywhere. ... I just think this is going to be a much, much better system." Cheap Basketball Jerseys Free Shipping . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. Nike Basketball Jerseys Authentic Cheap ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. http://www.cheapbasketballjerseysoutlet.com/ . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. Cheap Basketball Jerseys China . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4. Cheap NBA Jerseys China .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Sometimes good things come in small packages. Thursday brings yet another abbreviated slate, yet one that is brimming with aces and high-upside arms. Next Thursday could very well bring a barren elite tier and nothing but middling options to choose from, so lets enjoy this one while we can.PitchingEliteA quartet of aces headline Thursdays shortened slate, and Jose Fernandez leads the way. Its hard to fade Fernandez anytime hes on the docket. His upside is unmatched. Hes sporting a 12.9 K/9 this season, while Max Scherzer is next best with an 11.3 K/9. A road matchup against the Reds, who strike out at a 22 percent clip against righties (to go along with an 86 wRC+) has Fernandez sitting pretty Thursday, even though going from Marlins Park to Great American Ballpark is a big downgrade. Fernandez is a must-play on many slates, but as good as he is, there are other options to consider Thursday.Madison Bumgarner is another arm worthy of premium dollars in cash games. The left-hander owns a 1.93 ERA, 0.95 WHIP and 10.1 K/9 since the beginning of July, and he gets a Mets team thats middle-of-the-road versus lefties, whiffing 22 percent of the time. The only negative here is that Bumgarner is squaring off against fellow ace Jacob deGrom, which lessens the chance of a win. If youre debating Bumgarner and Fernandez, theres no right or wrong answer. Both are elite options worth the investment.Speaking of deGrom, the Mets righty has been as good as any pitcher in baseball during the past couple of months. He has surrendered more than one run just once in his past six times out, and his ERA during his past nine starts sits at just 1.49. Hes not my preferred play Thursday because the Giants are such a tough team to strike out (17.5 percent), but he certainly belongs in the conversation, given his recent dominance.Jake Arrieta gets one of the days most enticing matchups, a home start against Milwaukee. The Brewers have been one of baseballs worst teams against righty pitching this year (87 wRC+), but the real draw here is the Brew Crews inability to make consistent contact. They strike more than a quarter of the time -- more than any team in baseball -- and that includes a 26 percent whiff rate against right-handers. Arrieta has fanned more than six in a game just once in his past nine times out, but he could very well threaten double-digit Ks in this matchup. The only downside is that an afternoon start time limits his DFS availability.SolidJoe Musgrove has only 18 big league innings under his belt, but theyve been 18 dominant innings. In two starts and one extended relief appearance, the 23-year-old righty has racked up 21 strikeouts against only two walks while putting up a 1.47 ERA. Given his inexperience, theres some risk running him out there against an Orioles team that mashes righties (110 wRC+). However, theres enough strikeout upside here to justify giving the rookie some GPP consideration.A sore shoulder has pushed Chris Tillman to Saturday, moving Kevin Gausmans home date with the Houston Astros up a day, when hell still be working on regular rest due to Mondays off day. While the Astros lineup has plenty of thunder, its been slightly below average against right-handed pitching this season. Not only that, but Houston fans 24 percent of the time versus righties, making this a high-upside matchup. Theres plenty of tournament appeal here.After highlighting so many big-upside arms, youll be forgiven for yawning when reading Hisashi Iwakumas name. But, sometimes boring is good. Iwakuma owns a 2.52 ERA and 1.09 WHIP since the All-Star break, and hes spun seven or more shutout innings in two of his past three starts. On Thursday, the right-hander is pitted against an Angels team thats been middle-of-the-road against right-handed pitching this season and below average in the second half. Dont expect many strikeouts, as Iwakuma doesnt generate many swings and misses and the Angels sttrike out less than any team in baseball.dddddddddddd That said, Iwakuma makes for a solid, cost-effective SP2 in cash formats.StreamersArchie Bradley has hit some speed bumps of late (5.46 second-half ERA), but a matchup against the Padres at Petco Park is enough to earn the right-hander some GPP consideration Thursday. After all, despite the right-handers struggles, hes still striking out nearly a batter per inning. The Padres, meanwhile, are fanning 24 percent of the time with an 83 wRC+ versus right-handers.If youre streaming starters and are in search of innings, Ross Striplings matchup against Philadelphia is about as good as its gonna get. The Phillies, after all, are one of the worst teams in baseball against righty pitching (83 wRC+) and strike out at a healthy 22 percent clip.Likewise,?Reynaldo Lopez?has plenty of appeal against a Braves lineup that is the worst in baseball against right-handed pitching. In fact, Lopez faced Atlanta his last time out and pitched seven innings of one-run ball. Theres some volatility here due to an inflated walk rate (4.6 BB/9), but the matchup is prime. Lopezs ownership sits at just 5 percent.AvoidDanny Salazar has electric stuff and carries nice upside into each start, but his recent track record has me staying away in cash formats. During his past five starts, the right-hander owns an ugly 7.88 ERA and 1.79 WHIP. He didnt even make it past the second inning his last time out. The White Sox have an underwhelming lineup that can be exploited, but they also make a good amount of contact, which hampers the tournament upside.HittingTyler Duffey has displayed some pretty ugly reverse splits this season. Hes faced nearly an even number of lefties and righties, yet 14 of his 19 homers allowed have come off the bat of a right-handed hitter. The Kansas City Royals arent typically a strong stack, but using Paulo Orlando, Lorenzo Cain, Cheslor Cuthbert, Salvador Perez and switch-hitter Kendrys Morales could reap benefits.Targeting hitters at Petco Park isnt ideal, but sometimes the matchup is just too good to ignore. Thats the case Thursday, with Paul Clemens toeing the rubber against the Diamondbacks. The right-hander has allowed a .434 wOBA to right-handed swingers this season, which includes eight homers allowed in 17 1/3 innings. Fire up Jean Segura, Paul Goldschmidt and Yasmany Tomas in this one.Rob Whalen sports a 9.6 K/9 in his first three big league starts. He also sports a 7.31 ERA with a .356 wOBA allowed to lefties and a .359 mark allowed to righties. With the Nationals in town, there are plenty of worthy targets, with lefty bats Daniel Murphy and Bryce Harper being the primary ones to consider.Dillon Gee is one of the weakest pitchers on the slate, and the Twins have had one of the games best offenses since the All-Star break (108 wRC+). Lefty swinger Max Kepler should be the primary target here, but Im not shying away from guys like Brian Dozier and Miguel Sano, even though they dont have the platoon advantage.With?Clay Buchholz on the mound for the Red Sox on Thursday, its time to target left-handed batters opposing him. The righty is allowing a .384 wOBA to lefty bats. Its unfortunate that the right-handed heavy Tigers are on top, though Tyler Collins and switch-hitter Victor Martinez are both in play.Most likely to go yard: Paul GoldschmidtPaul Clemens has surrendered eight home runs in just 17 1/3 innings against right-handed hitters this season, and Goldschmidt has hit more than 70 percent of his career homers off righties. Look for the Arizona slugger to tee off here.Most likely to swipe a bag: Jonathan VillarJake Arrieta is not good at keeping baserunners honest, and you know Villar, whose 46 steals are second-most in baseball, will be itching to take off should he find himself on first base. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen