Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ar," he said. "Am I going to have another bad day like that? I hope not." Contador, the Tour winner in 2007 and 09 who was strip

in Unsere Regeln 20.11.2018 10:39
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

SAINT-NAZAIRE, France -- Chris Froomes Sky team manager vows the star rider will never be left exposed again in his bid to win the Tour de France for the first time. Froome successfully defended the yellow jersey on a ferociously tough mountain stage on Sunday and will wear it when the race resumes for Stage 10 on Tuesday following a rest day. The fact Froome had to defend the jersey alone on Sundays ninth stage -- because all of his teammates had been left behind -- offers hope to rivals like two-time champion Alberto Contador and Andy Schleck that Sky may be vulnerable. If they can isolate Froome again further on in the race, he will be more tired and may not be able to respond. "Weve learnt some lessons, valuable lessons, to take into the rest of the race," Sky manager Dave Brailsford said Monday. "But Im not going to spell it out. Im not going to go into the details of the changes were going to make." Froomes key teammate is Richie Porte, a 28-year-old Australian who won the Paris-Nice stage race in March. He was unable to help Froome on Stage 9 and badly wants to make amends. "It was absolute war," he said. "Am I going to have another bad day like that? I hope not." Contador, the Tour winner in 2007 and 09 who was stripped of his title the following year for doping, is already looking ahead to getting another crack at Froome in the mountains on Sunday. "I will try and do something," Contador said. "If you dont think you can succeed then you never will. So we have to take a few risks." Sundays 15th stage is the next big climbing trek and features a 20.8-kilometre (12.9-mile) ascent up to Mont Ventoux. A few days later, riders face three straight days of mountain torture in the high Alps. "Throughout my career Ive found my best form in the third week," the 30-year-old Contador said. The Spaniard takes heart from winning the Spanish Vuelta last year, a race in which Froome finished about 10 minutes behind in fourth overall. "People can speculate and look at my previous performances however they like, but I look at that Vuelta in that I was running on fumes. I was in survival mode," Froome said. "If people want to make comparisons thats up to them, but I dont feel I was at my best." Rather than looking back, Contador should focus on the immediate future -- notably Wednesdays time trial. "Its a very flat time trial and that is a disadvantage for me," Contador said about the 33-kilometre (20.5-mile) circuit. Froome finished second to Tour winner Bradley Wiggins in the time trial last year and is considerably faster than Contador, who may be able to limit the time gaps this time because the dash from Avranches to Mont-Saint-Michel is relatively short. Given the dominant way Froome is riding, he can take a big step toward winning the Tour if he extends his overall advantage after the time trial. Spanish rider Alejandro Valverde is 1 minute, 25 seconds behind Froome. Contador is 1:51 behind in sixth, while Schleck is four minutes back in 15th place, and Evans is 4:36 adrift in 16th. None of them will want to look in the history books. Valverde but was a massive 7:20 slower than Froome in last years 53.5-kilometre (33.2-mile) time trial; Evans was 4:28 slower. They again face the prospect of losing significant time to Froome. This is the 100th edition of the Tour and also the first since Lance Armstrong was stripped of his seven straight titles from 1999-2005 for serial doping. Froome has said twice so far during the race that he is riding clean. Contador again repeated that he has never doped, even though he tested positive for the banned drug clenbuterol. "Naturally people are going to ask questions in cycling," Froome said. "Whenever there are great performances they have been linked to doping in the past, so naturally now were bearing the brunt of a lot of those questions." Contador, who lost his 2010 title to Schleck, has always denied doping and said: "You can believe what you want. But the only thing that I can tell you is that I have always practiced cycling clean." Froome would not be drawn on Contadors comment, other than saying: "there definitely do need to be questions asked about performances in the past." Tuesdays stage is a 197-kilometre (122-mile) route from Saint-Gildas-des-Bois to Saint-Malo and is made for sprinters. Nike NFL Jerseys China . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. Cheap NFL Nike Jerseys Online . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. http://www.wholesalechinajerseyscheap.com/ . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. Cheap NFL Jerseys China .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. Authentic Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. Ask the question about which conference ranks above all others and youre bound to get a handful of answers. Some fans want to trump up the average computer rankings of conference members or point only to interconference matchup records. Others extol the virtues of the worst teams in a given league, underscoring the strength of the depth of their favorite conference. And still others count up only the total number of teams ranked in various polls, ignoring the relative position of those teams or any information about the teams ranked 26th or worse.At the midpoint of the 20166 season, were zeroing in on the teams best positioned to contend for the College Football Playoff.dddddddddddd And for several contenders, theyre in a two-horse race to win their division and conference to get themselves into the committees top four at the end of the regular season. According to our opponent-adjusted drive efficiency ratings, the top eight teams in the country this week include a pair of teams from each of four Power 5 leagues. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen