Image and video hosting by TinyPic

apseahawksjerseys.us/]Seahawks Jerseys China[/u

in
Über uns
26.11.2018 05:39
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Angelina Nadai Lohalith did not qualify for the medal round in the womens 1,500-meter run Saturday night. She did not come anywhere close. She not only finished last in her heat, she ran a time that was 31 seconds slower that the next slowest runner and 47 seconds slower than the winner.But she was not devastated. She was proud. As well Lohalith should be because she is an inspiration on and off the track. Lohalith, you see, is one of the 10 athletes competing with the Refugee Olympic Team, and just being able to run in these Games is an amazing advance in her life. And perhaps it can similarly be a little advance for her fellow refugees.Even though I came in last, Im happy, Lohalith said. I was able to compete and able to finish off the race. Next time, I believe that I will be in front of them rather than be at the end. Im representing refugees from all over the world. Im becoming their ambassador now, and that made me happy.James Nyang Chiengjiek likewise finished last in his 400-meter heat, six seconds behind the next runner ahead of him. He also is an athlete from South Sudan on the refugee team. And he, too, was very proud to be running here.I think its a very important moment for all the refuges. Not me alone, Chiengjiek said. We are not getting the medals we hoped to get, but this is for spreading peace. I thank the IOC for giving us this chance. It is very important we are here today. Also, we have met and gotten to know so many people. I hope when we go back, we will have that experience, and it will help us in the future.While many people sympathize with refugees and the agonies they endure, some take negative views. They argue that allowing refugees into your country will take jobs from citizens. That they may be terrorists. That they are beneath the rest of us. Lohalith and Chiengjiek hope the performances of the refugees here will help end such views.When some people hear refugees, they do not see them as they are, Lohalith said. They do not see them as human beings. They see them as refugees, something negative. But we can do something better in our life. Like in sport. Refugees can do something for their lives. Wherever they are, they can do something positive.Lohalith escaped the war in South Sudan to the Kakuma refugee camp back in 2002 while Chiengjiek left just before that to avoid being made into a child soldier. The two each began running while in school, little dreaming that they would one day be running on another continent in the Olympics.Fortunately, the IOC voted to allow a team of refugees to compete in the Rio Olympics, picking a total of 10. Five (all runners) are from South Sudan, two from Syria, two from the Democratic Republic of Congo and one from Ethiopia. When the refugee team marched in during the opening ceremonies, they received perhaps the most enthusiastic ovation of any team other than host Brazil.I think it has been an amazing experience for them because it is something they have never dreamed about happening, said Luiz Fernando Godinho with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. They are very conscious of the role they are playing here at these Games. They know they are not here to win medals, that they are here to support the refugee case.We always look at the athletes to be looking for some personal achievement, and they truly are not looking for that. They know their limitations but they know they are here for a cause. They are leaders of tomorrow.Both Lohalith and Chiengjiek are staying in the athletes village and being treated just like all the other Olympians, which is what refugees hope for in their lives. They are people like you or me, Godinho said. If they have the chance they can achieve important things. They are normal people. The only thing they need is a chance to prove themselves and achieve important things.Lohalith and Chiengjiek are proving themselves and achieving something important. And they hope their performances here will inspire other refugees that they, too, can do what seems impossible. After all, Lopez Lomong was a South Sudanese refugee who wound up running the 1,500 in the 2008 Olympics and also carrying the flag of the United States after becoming an American citizen.Start making your mind to think positive, Lohalith said. And every time you go out, think positively that you will be able to tackle all the challenges that come in your life. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys .C. -- When North Carolina freshman Ryan Switzer reported to training camp in August he was a little miffed to learn he was third on the depth chart at punt returner. http://www.wholesalenikenfljerseys.com/ . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrook and with the free agent departure of sharpshooter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. SAO PAULO -- Christine Sinclair had struggled recently with the death of her father. So when she was given her bronze medal at the Olympics on Friday, the Canadian star immediately thought of him.I love you dad, she said.Sinclair scored in her 250th international match and Canada returned to the Olympic podium with a 2-1 victory over host Brazil for the womens soccer bronze medal.It was the second straight bronze for the Canadians, who medaled for the first time at the London Games four years ago.Seventeen-year-old Deanne Rose scored in the 25th minute for Canada, becoming the youngest woman to score in the Olympics.Sinclair added her 11th career Olympic goal in the 52nd. She now ranks second among all-time Olympic scorers, behind Brazils Cristiane, who has 14.It is a hard year for me, facing sad things. But I was not going to leave this tournament without a medal, said Sinclair, who lost her father a couple of months ago.Brazil avoided the shutout with a left-footed strike by Beatriz in the 79th minute.Afterward, Sinclair sobbed as she hugged her teammates on the field at Corinthians Arena, one of the many venues hosting Olympic soccer matches across Brazil.Everything that has happened is pretty surreal, the whole experience. It was just a great, a fantastic experience. The girls are very clear in what they want to do, Canada coach John Herdman said. For me, it is a pleasure working with them.The loss caps a frustrating end to the Olympics for the hosts and their star, five-time FIFA Player of the Year Marta.Marta has scored 1044 goals in 107 international appearances, has the most World Cup goals with 15 and also has 10 Olympic goals, tying her for third on the career list with former U.ddddddddddddS. forward Abby Wambach.But Brazil was ousted from a shot at the gold-medal match 4-3 on penalties after a scoreless draw against Sweden on Tuesday. The major international title that has eluded Marta would not come on home soil at this years Olympics.Canada was denied a shot for the gold by Germany, which won 2-0 in the semifinals.Sweden and Germany were playing for gold at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro on Friday.Sinclair scored three goals in the Olympic tournament, bringing her career goal total to 165. Thats second on the all-time list behind Wambach, who finished her career with 184 before retiring last December.Sinclairs caps are the most for any Canadian national team player.While womens soccer is not very popular in Brazil, Marta impressed fans with her intelligent play and stellar footwork. When the mens side was struggling early in the tournament, some fans crossed out Neymars name on their No. 10 jerseys and wrote in Marta.Brazils men recovered from their shaky start and will face Germany at the Maracana on Saturday in the other soccer final, with the hosts guaranteed at least silver.We did not get on the podium, Marta said, but our best reward is the recognition of the people, being applauded everywhere we go. Chiefs Jerseys China Cheap Nike Chargers Jerseys Cheap Nike Raiders Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Nike Giants Jerseys Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Redskins Jerseys China Cheap Nike Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys China Cheap Vikings Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Panthers Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Saints Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Buccaneers Jerseys Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Rams Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Nike 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys China Bears Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bills Jerseys Ravens Jerseys China Wholesale Falcons Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen