Image and video hosting by TinyPic

49ersjerseys.us/]Cheap Nike 49ers Jerseys[/url]

in
Über uns
01.12.2018 15:37
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

DAngelo Russell had to say something. After all, his favorite player was right there, standing a few feet away, on the same court -- someone he had studied for years, devouring countless hours of footage, then rewinding and playing it again before trying to mimic it on the court.For years, Russells friends and family couldnt quite understand his adoration. The player he had long admired wasnt one of the NBAs biggest stars. He didnt play for a major-market team. He didnt even start.To Russell, none of that mattered, and when the games action paused for a pair of free throws during one of their matchups last season, the Los Angeles Lakers point guard, then a rookie, made his move and approached his idol the same way a fan might.Man, Russell told Spurs guard Manu Ginobili.?Its a pleasure to be out here with you.Russell cant remember what Ginobili said in return, but for Russell, the moment was cool enough.I was like, Damn, he said, because he was one of my favorite players growing up.Growing up in Louisville, Kentucky, Antonio Russell Jr., like many his age, pledged allegiance to Kobe Bryant, but when it came time to pick sides, his younger brother went in a different direction.He used to tell me that his favorite player was Manu Ginobili, Antonio Jr. said. He always used to be like, Manu Ginobili, Manu Ginobili, Manu Ginobili.Antonio Jr.s response: Whoa.For years, Antonio Russell Sr. considered his 6-foot-5 son to be a blend of Jalen Rose and Lamar Odom, two left-handers with size who could handle the ball and do a bit of everything. He soon noticed that DAngelo just wasnt as interested in those players -- or anyone else -- as he was in Ginobili, an acrobatic lefty with court vision and, above all, a fearless nature.As time went on, I saw him pattern his game [after him] and doing the things that Ginobili does, Antonio Sr. said.DAngelo Russell studied film of Ginobili, trying to learn whatever he could.Yeah, basically everything Ginobili did, said Jamie Johnson, a childhood friend. He tried to watch how Ginobili moved off the ball -- just everything, as far as IQ-wise too, because Ginobili, of course, isnt the fastest guy. [DAngelo] understood that he wasnt fast either, so he tried to find players that were similar to him.Thats perhaps the largest reason Russell came to admire Ginobili so much: He believed Ginobilis style was one that he could emulate because their bodies, athleticism and skill sets seemed similar.See, its different when you ask who your favorite player was. You can say those American guys who made their name, like Kobe and Allen Iverson and Shaq and all those types of guys, he said. But I really look at it and say, if I could model my game after somebody [it would be Ginobili].Russell explained further by saying that if a player wanted to emulate, say, Dwyane Wade, he might focus more on pump-faking and midrange jumpers. If that player liked Bryant, precision footwork would be a priority. It depends what suited that specific player.You try to go to what youre accustomed to, he said. And Manu was never as athletic, but he could really pass the ball. He could score the ball, and he was just so unpredictable, and he was a lefty, so he was a player that I really prided myself on being.Throughout Russells youth, it seemed the Spurs were always in the NBA Finals, and Ginobili always seemed to be making a huge impact as a spark off the bench, helping San Antonio win four championships after he joined the team in 2002. For years, Russell followed the wily Argentinian, wondering how Ginobili remained so comfortable as a backup and seemed so ready coming into games, so bursting with energy.When he gets in the game, its like, the whole persona of the game just changes, he said. I was like, man, if I can pride myself into being like that, just being a guy thats so unpredictable that even at the age hes at now [39], hes so hard to guard.More than that, Russell said Ginobili was one of the first players to popularize the Eurostep dribble.Ever since then, everybody really started doing it, he said.As a rookie, Lakers staffers showed Russell footage of Ginobili, particularly how the Spurs ran plays to get him the ball -- a film assignment that didnt take much coaxing.He was just, like, so fiery, and he makes winning plays, and hes so unpredictable, so its hard for teams to scout him, he said.Russell hopes to develop all those traits, but theres one, above all, that he wants from his idol.Just the energy he has, he said. When he gets in the gym, I dont know, hes always ready. Its hard to come off the bench and be ready all the time. Hes always ready, and thats a skill. Jordan 13 China Wholesale . Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrook and with the free agent departure of sharpshooter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. Cheap Jordan 13 Online . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. http://www.cheapairjordan13.com/ . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. Jordan 13 Cheap China .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Wholesale Jordan Retro 13 . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Baylor is looking to start 5-0 overall and 2-0 in the Big 12 Conference for the fourth straight season when the 13th-ranked Bears travel to Iowa State on Saturday afternoon.At first glance, it would seem Baylor should have nothing to worry about. The Bears opened as 17-point favorites and are playing a 1/3 Cyclones squad that lost at home to an FCS school, Northern Iowa (25-20), and was blown out by both Iowa (42-3) and TCU (41-20) before finally breaking through with a 44-10 home win over lowly San Jose State last week.But this is the first Big 12 road contest for the Bears, who have lost two of the last three times they have visited Jack Trice Stadium.Its always tough going to Iowa State, Baylor quarterback Seth Russell told the Waco Tribune. They have great fans and a great turnout every year. They have a grass field and we dont play on a grass field a whole lot, so it will be a little different.Baylor lost on its first two trips to Ames, Iowa, under former head coach Art Briles before finally breaking through for a 49-28 win in 2014. A sellout crowd of over 50,000 is expected. The Bears have played just one nonconference road game, defeating Rice 38-10, before a turnout of just 27,047 at Rice Stadium, and the atmosphere figures to be much louder on Saturday.The Bears remain the only unbeaten team in the Big 12, and they showed they could keep that distinction despite a huge step up in competition against Oklahoma State last Saturday night.Baylor defeated the Cowboys 35-24 and did so with the same swagger that made the Bears contenders in the Big 12 the last three seasons. Baylor gave up yards, but held Oklahoma State out of the end zone at crucial moments.On offense, Baylor showed versatility in its passing game. Russell threw an 89-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Chris Platt in the third quarter. Then in the fourth, Russell deftly led a 99-yard scoring drive during which he passed for 104 yards.I was happy that our players got challenged and bowed their necks a little bit and did what they needed to do, especially down the stretch to get a win, Baylor interim coach Jim Grobe said.On the surface, the Bears seem to be handling this strange year with remarkable dexterity.Grobe replaced Art Briles after Briles was fired in May ffor his part in Baylors Title IX failings the past few years.ddddddddddddAs interim, Grobe has done his job of smiling after wins and offering up the usual head coach quotes.But he doesnt seem to have much control over the team. It appears the Baylor assistant coaches, all holdovers from Briless staff, are running the show.When Baylor faced a fourth-and-1 from its own 24 late in the third quarter versus Oklahoma State, Grobe called for a punt. He was either not heard or ignored depending on how one deciphers a quote from Grobes Monday press conference.Initially, Grobe said in his postgame presser that his headset was inadvertently muted. But he said on Monday that wasnt the case.To be honest with you, when I said I didnt have the switch turned on, I wasnt sure, Grobe said on Monday. I asked (offensive coordinator Kendal Briles), Did you hear me say punt the football? He said, No coach. You said punt the football. Weve just got to do a better job of communicating.Baylor failed to gain a first down on the risky fourth-down play. But the Bears defense covered for the miscue by eventually stopping Oklahoma State on a fourth-and-two inside the Baylor 3.Russell, inconsistent in the first three games, had by far his best game of the season in the win over the Cowboys, passing for 387 yards and four TDs en route to Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week honors. He benefited from the return of wide receiver Ishmael Zamora, who had been suspended for the first three games of the season for beating a dog.The Bears are likely to rest wide receiver KD Cannon, who has been slowed by a groin injury. Cannon leads the Big 12 with 27 catches for 370 yards and four touchdowns but had just three catches for 18 yards in the first half against Oklahoma State and wasnt at full speed.Iowa State has been going with a two-quarterback system this season and Jacob Park and Joel Lanning combined to complete 22 of 29 passes for 316 yards, five touchdowns and no interceptions against San Jose State.If they are effective, Cyclones running back Mike Warren might have some room to run. He is averaging 64 yards per game and 4.2 yards per rush. Chiefs Jerseys China Cheap Nike Chargers Jerseys Cheap Nike Raiders Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Nike Giants Jerseys Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Redskins Jerseys China Cheap Nike Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys China Cheap Vikings Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Panthers Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Saints Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Buccaneers Jerseys Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Rams Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Nike 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys China Bears Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bills Jerseys Ravens Jerseys China Wholesale Falcons Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen