Image and video hosting by TinyPic

com/]Wholesale Jerseys Free Shi

in
Über uns
20.04.2018 12:59
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- Tamika Catchings cherished every precious moment Sunday -- from hearing her favorite National Anthem singer right through her farewell speech.In between, fans, teammates and former players serenaded her with the same chorus: Thanks for the memories.Yes, on a day the Indiana Fever blew past beat Dallas 83-60 for the teams most lopsided win of the season, the score didnt really matter. One of the best and most beloved stars in WNBA history was about to say goodbye to her adopted hometown.I remember thinking after getting hurt my senior year at Tennessee, thinking nobody is going to want me. Ive got a broken wheel, and who goes to the store to buy something thats broken? Catchings told the fans after the game. But thank you, thank you.Yes, she started preparing for this moment in February 2015 after signing her final contract.But the rousing send-off still teetered between heart-felt thoughts, trips down memory lane, job proposals and even a comedy routine.Throughout the more than one-hour ceremony, Catchings, who declined gifts during her farewell tour, collected a few Sunday: A new Lexus, a framed USA Basketball jersey surrounded by team photos she competed on, two chairs and a specially designed Hoodie from Nike, a painting of her in a shooting stance and a custom-made poster with the word relentless above her photo.The one she appreciated most might have been the $100,000 check from Pacers Sports & Entertainment to her Catch The Stars Foundation.Fans had plenty of chances to cheer Sunday.But when she departed for the final time, with 1:33 left to play, the fans gave Catchings a prolonged ovation as she walked toward the bench, hugged her replacement and everyone on the bench. Former coach Lin Dunn was caught wiping away tears.Back in 2001, what we didnt know then but what we do know now is that we got the crown jewel of the WNBA, Fever chief operating officer Kelly Krauskopf said.It was a special day for everyone.Fever players wore new white shooting T-shirts to honor Catchings. Fans wore different white T-shirts, with the hashtag 24Forever emblazoned across the chest. Coach Stephanie White, who is bound for Vanderbilt after this season, even participated by wearing a nifty all-white outfit and the shooting shirt underneath her jacket.And the crowd was full of familiar faces.Friends and family came in from out of town. Former teammates such as Tully Bevilaqua and Katie Douglass came back, too. Pacers president of basketball operations Larry Bird and Olympic gold medalist Paul George sat together, and Reggie Miller returned to the venue where his own farewell ceremony took place during the spring of 2005.Like Millers farewell that day, anything Catchings did on the court -- make a basket, draw a foul, grab a rebound -- drew a loud cheers.During timeouts, a kaleidoscope of memorable moments played on the video board. So the four-time Olympic gold medalist, who carved out her own niche in Indianas long, illustrious basketball history, couldnt disappoint the fans.She didnt. Catchings scored eight points in the first quarter, finished with 16 and added seven more rebounds to the WNBAs career record. Not bad for a 37-year-old star.When the postgame ceremony began, the emotions really flowed.She is unwavering in her passion, her love, her beliefs, longtime teammate Briann January said. This is the same woman who cracks herself up with corny jokes and Shirley Temples. People like you dont come along often Catch. I love you to death and everything youve done for me. Twenty-four forever.White shared similar sentiments as she fought back tears.Tamika, I was lucky to be your teammat4e, Im honored to be your friend, White said, pausing. I am so proud, so proud of who you are and we thank you for gracing us with your presence every day and making us better people.The 10-time All-Star and five-time WNBA defensive player of the year finishes her career with 457 games played, second on the career scoring list (7,382) and as the career leader in free throws made (2,004), steals (1,074) and rebounds (3,316).Catchings will play at least one more home game -- Wednesday night against Phoenix -- but that didnt take away from all that she was being honored for Sunday.I think of all the tears Ive shed after losses, I think of all the tears Ive shed after wins, I think of all the tears that Ive shed during the hard work and when you give that much, my tears have already been shed, she said. Ive lived here longer than I have literally anywhere my whole entire life, so this is home, and Im so thankful that this journey ends here today on this court. Lou Brock Jersey .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. Cardinals Jerseys For Sale . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-footed shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. http://www.stlouiscardinalsjerseyscheap.com/?tag=orlando-cepeda-jersey . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. Ozzie Smith Jersey . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. Carlos Martinez Jersey . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. Central Coast captain Nick Montgomery has tempered any ambitions of playing finals football in the upcoming A-League season, saying earning back respect is priority.With new coach Paul Okon five weeks into the job, the Mariners stalwart isnt afraid to admit last years wooden spooners will again be up against it this summer.Weve got to be realistic. Hes not had loads of time to stamp his style, Montgomery told AAP at the A-League season launch in Sydney on Tuesday.In that 4-5 weeks, as a team, weve really got behind the management style and the way they want to play. I think the boys have responded really well.Montgomery said his team was free of any pressure to succeed, especially with an opening month that has them on the road to Perth, and difficult back-to-back trips to Sydney.Envious of the leagues high-profile clubs opening the chequebook over the winter, he bemoaned his own clubs reluctance to find attract big-name players.But he can see the rebuild comingI dont think theres any expectation on us, he said.If you look at the funds the other teams have got compared to us, its nno secret that the owners been cutting costs for the last few years to keep the club sustainable.ddddddddddddBut the clubs building a good facility that will hopefully take the club forward for the next ten years. This seasons about winning back a bit of that respect that we lost last year.Gone from last year are first-team regulars Joshua Rose, Mitch Austin and former Liverpool star Luis Garcia.In their place sit former Sydney FC pair Jacques Faty, Mickael Tavares, ex-Melbourne midfielder Connor Pain and former Wellington goal-poacher Blake Powell.But with the youngest squad in the league last year, Montgomery said that under the guidance of former Olyroos coach Paul Okon, this season is all about development.Hes got a great track record with young Australian players, he said.At times we had a back four that had the average age of 20-years-old. So that just shows you, right throughout the squad we had young players with not much experience in football. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen