Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ww.cheapdolphinsjersey.com/]cheap dolphins

in
Über uns
05.12.2018 14:37
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Ohio State is finally playing the brand of football necessary to vie for a national championship.The task now is to sustain the momentum.Coming off an ego-boosting 62-3 rout of then-No. 10 Nebraska, the sixth-ranked Buckeyes (8-1, 5-1 Big Ten, No. 5 CFP) seek their third straight victory Saturday against backpedaling Maryland.The Terrapins (5-4, 2-4) have lost four of five, including a 59-3 humiliation last week at Michigan. Throw in the 101 points that Ohio State has scored in its last two games against Maryland, and this shapes up to be a huge mismatch.The Buckeyes dont view it that way.I dont take any game for granted or see them as lesser than any other team, Ohio State quarterback J.T. Barrett said. You can get beat any time in the Big Ten. We need to take the same approach against Maryland that we took against Nebraska.After getting upset at Penn State on Oct. 22 and squeezing past Northwestern at home the following week, the Buckeyes found their groove against the overmatched Cornhuskers. Barrett threw four touchdown passes, Curtis Samuel accounted for 173 all-purpose yards and Ohio State never called on punter Cameron Johnston.We have the capability to do what we did Saturday night. We want to do that every game, offensive lineman Pat Elflein said. We want to score a bunch of points. Everything was just clicking on every cylinder Saturday night.That spells trouble for a Maryland defense that has yielded 101 points and 1,310 yards over the past two weeks to Indiana and Michigan. The Terrapins have only two senior starters on defense, and it showed against the Wolverines.I feel like our guys gave it their best shot and we got hit in the mouth, defensive coordinator Andy Buh said. When you play these younger players, these games tend to show your youth a little bit.---Some other things to know about the third meeting between Ohio State and Maryland:TOP OF THE HILLS: The Terrapins offense relieves heavily on fifth-year senior quarterback Perry Hills, who reinjured his right shoulder at Michigan and is questionable for Saturday. In a 49-28 loss to Ohio State last year, Hills ran for 170 yards -- most ever by a Terps quarterback. If Hills cant go Saturday, senior Caleb Rowe or true freshman Tyrell Pigrome will start. Neither has been effective this season.WEBER RUNS WILD: Ohio State running back Mike Weber is trying to become the third freshman at the school to rush for 1,000 yards. Robert Smith ran for 1,126 in 1990 and Maurice Clarett rolled up 1,237 in 2002, his only year in college football. Weber has rushed for 842 yards and seven scores. He had 72 yards and a touchdown on 11 carries last week but left the game in the third quarter after falling hard on his shoulder Coach Urban Meyer said Weber has a sprained shoulder . Weber was held out of contact in practice this week but is expected to play against Maryland.COACHES REUNION: Maryland first-year coach DJ Durkin was an assistant for Meyer at Bowling Green in 2001-02 and Florida in 2010. Im very close with him and I love him to death, Meyer said. I love his family. Hes from Youngstown (Ohio). Hes a great guy, great football coach. The coaches keep their distance during the fall, for competitive reasons and because both coaches are too usually too busy to chit-chat. We dont talk too much during the season, Durkin said. Were in the same conference. Hes a friend and a good guy to seek advice from.MOVE OVER, BREES: Barrett needs just two more scores to break the Big Ten record of 95 TDs responsible for, set by Drew Brees with Purdue from 1997-2000. Thats just crazy to think about, Barrett said this week. If you would have told me when I was a sophomore in high school that J.T. would be doing this, I would have called you a liar. I wouldnt have believed you.CANT STOP NOW: Meyer rarely lets the outside world know whats happening in the Ohio State locker room, but he made an exception when asked what he told the team this week. Ill share a little bit of it with you, he said. A group of players made a decision to play very well, and now you can throw that one away if you dont follow up with another good week of practice and preparation. Thats been the message, to a degree.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. Cheap Nike Football Jerseys . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. http://www.cheapjerseysnikenfl.com/ . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season.Golfs two governing bodies outlawed the anchored putting stroke used by four of the last six major champions, approving a new rule that starts in 2016 and urging the PGA Tour to follow along so the 600-year-old sport is still played under one set of rules. The Royal & Ancient Golf Club and the U.S. Golf Association adopted Rule 14-1b, which prohibits players from anchoring a club against their bodies. "We strongly believe that this rule is for the betterment of the game," USGA President Glen Nager said. "Rule 14-1b protects one of the important challenges in the game -- the free swing of the entire club." The decision Tuesday ends six months of sometimes rancorous debate. The rule was opposed by the PGA Tour and the PGA of America, which contended the stroke commonly used for long putters was not hurting the game and there was no statistical proof that it was an advantage. "We recognize this has been a divisive issue, but after thorough consideration, we remain convinced that this is the right decision for golf," R&A chief executive Peter Dawson said at European Tour headquarters outside London. The next step -- and perhaps the most important step -- is for the PGA Tour to follow the new rule or decide to establish its own condition of competition that would allow players to anchor the long putters. Most believe that would lead to chaos in golf. If a special condition were allowed for the PGA Tour, it would mean players could not use the anchored stroke at the U.S. Open and British Open. Augusta National is likely to follow the new rule at the Masters. PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem said in February the USGA and R&A would be "making a mistake" to adopt the rule, though he also has stressed in just about every interview that it was critical for golf to play under one set of rules. The tour said in a statement it would consult with its Player Advisory Council and policy board to determine "whether various provisions of Rule 14-1b will be implemented in our competitions, and if so, examine the process for implementation." It declined further comment until then. "I think its really important that the PGA Tour -- and all the professional tours -- continue to follow one set of rules," USGA executive director Mike Davis said. "We have gotten very positive feedback from the tours around the world saying that they like one set of rules, they like the R&A and USGA governing those. So if there was some type of schism, we dont think that would be good for golf." "And we are doing what we think is right for the long-term benefit of the game for all golfers, and we just cant write them for one group of elite players." The new rule does not ban the long putters, only the way they commonly are used. Golfers no longer will be able to anchor the club against their bodies to create the effect of a hinge. Masters champion Adam Scott used a long putter he pressed against his chest. British Open champion Ernie Els and U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson used a belly putter, as did Keegan Bradley in the 2011 PGA Championship. PGA of America President Ted Bishop, who had some of the sharpest comments over the last few months, also said his group would discuss the new rule -- and confer with the PGA Tour -- before deciding how to proceed. "We are disappointed with this outcome," Bishop said. "As we have said publicly and repeatedly during the comment period, we do not believe 14-1b is in the best inteerest of recreational golfers and we are concerned about the negative impact it may have on both the enjoyment and growth of the game.dddddddddddd" Some forms of anchoring have been around at least 40 years, and old photographs suggest it has been used even longer. It wasnt until after Bradley became the first major champion to use a belly putter that the USGA and R&A said it would take a new look at the putting style. "It can never be too late to do the right thing," Nager said. Those in favour of anchored putting argued that none of the top 20 players in the PGA Tours most reliable putting statistic used a long putter, and if it was such an advantage, why wasnt everyone using it? The governing bodies announced the proposed rule on Nov. 28, even though they had no data to show an advantage. What concerned them more was a spike in usage on the PGA Tour, more junior golfers using the long putters and comments from instructors that it was a better way to putt. There was concern the conventional putter would become obsolete over time. The purpose of the new rule was simply to define what a putting stroke should be. "The playing rules are not based on statistical studies," Nager said. "They are based on judgments that define the game and its intended challenge. One of those challenges is to control the entire club, and anchoring alters that challenge." The topic was so sensitive that the USGA and R&A allowed for a 90-day comment period, an unprecedented move for the groups that set the rules of golf. The USGA said about 2,200 people offered feedback through its website, while the R&A said it had about 450 people from 17 countries go through its website. Among those who spoke in favour of the ban were Tiger Woods, Brandt Snedeker and Steve Stricker. "Ive always felt that in golf you should have to swing the club, control your nerves and swing all 14 clubs, not just 13," Woods said Monday. Tim Clark and Carl Pettersson have used the long putter as long as they have been on the PGA Tour. Scott switched to the broom-handle putter only in 2011, and he began contending in majors for the first time -- tied for third in 2011 Masters, runner-up at the 2012 British Open, his first major victory in the Masters last month. "I dont really have a backup plan," Scott said at The Players Championship. "Im just going to keep doing what Im doing and deal with it then. I dont think there will be anything much for me to change. If I have to separate the putter a millimeter from my chest, then Ill do that. ... My hand will be slightly off my chest, probably." The putter would have to be held away from the body to allow free swing. Mark Newell, head of the USGAs rules committee, said the rule would be enforced like so many others in golf -- players would have to call the penalty on themselves. Bernhard Langer also uses a broom-handled putter, and the 55-year-old German was on the leaderboard at the Masters on the weekend before tying for 25th. "Its very disappointing," Langer told Golfweek magazine from St. Louis, where he was preparing for the Senior PGA Championship. "Well have to wait to see what the PGA Tour says, and right now, were all guessing. If they make their own rule, then nothing changes. If they dont make another rule, well have to adjust. Its been talked about and talked about and its just disappointing. I just dont understand why it took them 40 years to come to their conclusion." cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen