Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://www.cheapgiantsjersey.com/]che

in
Über uns
05.12.2018 14:38
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

PARIS -- After David Beckhams long and distinguished football career ends on a remote plastic field in northwestern France, his life promises to be far more glamorous once he steps away from the game he loves. Nearly 20 years after breaking into the Manchester United team, the 38-year-old former England captain won the French league title with Paris Saint-Germain this season. But after announcing his retirement on Thursday, Beckhams role in football will take on a new dimension worldwide. He has an ambassadorial role for Chinese football and for British television channel Sky, as well as an option to buy a franchise in Major League Soccer. "I would like to wish him all the best for all of his future projects," PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi said. "We are talking about the possibility of continuing our work together." But PSG may have to join the queue, as the English Football Association also desperately wants him on board. This was the same Beckham who, although ruled out of the tournament through injury, insisted on travelling to South Africa to support his teammates at the 2010 World Cup. Beckham is reportedly being paid an extraordinary 20 million euros ($30.6 million) over five years to work as a Sky Television ambassador -- showing how much of a draw he remains. "Hell have more time on his hands and more time for commercial partners and the brands he can work or be associated with," said Steve Martin, the chief executive of M&C Saatchi Sport and Entertainment. "He has also got so many commercial sponsors that will carry on whether he is playing or not." He may develop business interests in the United States, too. Beckham had five decent years with the Los Angeles Galaxy from 2007-12, winning the championship in his last two seasons. He still has first refusal if he is offered an MSL franchise, although for now it remains unclear where that might take him. "I have the option of owning a franchise," Beckham said in December, "and that excites me." So thats Europe and North America. What about Asia? Two months ago, part of Beckhams future was already in full swing as he arrived in China. At the time, he said he hadnt ruled out playing professionally in China one day. "Who knows? People keep saying that it will be my last club, it will be my last season," he said. "I continue to play and I love playing, so well see." But any matches in China in the future will only be exhibition games -- such as the one he is scheduled to play in November. He still has a pivotal role to play there. Developing a youth program is considered a priority for the Chinese Super League, with a mere 8,000 players of all ages registered at local associations in a nation of 1.3 billion people. A weak youth system, along with rampant corruption, has been blamed in part for the Chinese national teams poor international results. The country has only played once at the World Cup, in 2002. Beckham wants to play a key part in inspiring and training talented young players who might one day represent their country internationally. He was praised for his contribution to Londons successful bid for the 2012 Olympics and any project which has him as a figurehead is guaranteed to spark worldwide interest. There is also talk of another role -- as part of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar -- although that remains uncertain at this stage. Certainly, there is already a firm link between Beckham and Qatar, with PSGs owners -- QSI -- finally getting him to join when he went to PSG on the last day of this seasons transfer window. "It is an immense honour to have convinced him to join," Al-Khelaifi said. PSG missed out on Beckham the previous year, and his signing raised a few eyebrows in France. "I was proud France and PSG could attract a player like David Beckham," Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis said. "Friends of mine in the PSG dressing room told me what a great professional he is." With almost perfect timing, he made his league debut as a substitute against rival Marseille on Feb. 24 and showed his legs could still last the pace by playing 86 minutes against the same team in the French Cup three days later. Beckham was booked in that game -- a sign of things to come. He lost his temper badly at Saint-Etienne a few weeks later, grabbing and pushing Brazilian striker Brandao after hed gone in late on PSG teammate Thiago Silva. Although Beckham has played reasonably well at times during his 13 games so far, most were as a substitute, and he has actually stood out more for his combative streak than for his passing and crossing. Beckham has set up only one goal, a delightful chipped pass from the right against Rennes that appeared to be going in anyway before top scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic helped himself to another goal. That performance came in between the home and return leg of the Champions League quarterfinals against Barcelona. PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti started Beckham in the home leg -- against one of the best midfields of all time -- and Beckham was criticized by French media, with sports daily LEquipe marking him 3 out of 10. It was a harsh criticism, as although Beckham hardly stood out, his neat and tidy passing from a deep-lying position was what Ancelotti wanted. Beckham was booked in the second leg against Barcelona and then against Evian on April 28, he was red-carded shortly after coming on as he went into a tackle with a dangerously raised foot. There was no contact, but it was reckless. Against Brest at Parc des Princes on Saturday, Beckham will have a chance to say farewell to PSGs fans, who only knew him for a short time, before pulling on a jersey for the final time in Lorient on May 26. Then it will be out of the shorts and into the suit as a new chapter in Beckhams life begins. "He is on a totally different planet to other players in terms commercial value and long-term ambassadorial role," Martin said. "His appeal is so enduring and that wont change (for another 20 years)." Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. Authentic Nike MLB Gear . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. http://www.cheapmlbjerseyssigned.com/ .J. -- Marshawn Lynch said Thursday it will be good to get back to football after the Seattle quiet talking running back wrapped up his final mandatory media session of Super Bowl week. Nike MLB Jerseys From China . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. Stitched Nike MLB Jerseys . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Josh Langford was challenged by Tom Izzo to play better at both ends of the court, and the freshman responded well enough to satisfy his hard-to-please coach.Langford had a season-high 15 points and improved his play defensively, helping Michigan State bounce back from a poor performance with a 77-57 win over Youngstown State on Tuesday night.The Spartans (6-4) were coming off a four-point win over Oral Roberts in which Izzo lamented the play of Langford publicly and privately.I knew I hadnt done a good job for Michigan State, and my teammates, Langford said. This time, I didnt care about scoring.Langford has gotten off to a slow start this season, scoring in single digits in his first nine games, in part because of a hamstring injury that made it look like he was laboring to run fluidly with his ailing left leg. Izzo said Langford isnt in pain, but also is not in good condition because of how limited he has been physically this season.Im trying to get him more shots, more playing time and get him in better shape, Izzo said.The Penguins (5-5) were led by Matt Donlan, who scored 15 of his 21 points in the first half, and Francisco Santiago, who had eight of his 13 points after halftime. Youngstown State made just 33 percent of its shots.We just dont have that third guy, Youngstown State coach Jerry Slocum said.Both teams were without their leading scorers, both of whom are from Flint, Michigan.Michigan States Miles Bridges missed a second straight game with a sprained left ankle. Youngstown States Cameron Morse sat out a third consecutive game with an injured right wrist.The Spartans led by seven points at halftime before pulling away in the second half.BIG PICTUREYoungstown State: The Penguins had enough energy to hang with Michigan State in the first half with one tie and one lead change, but they didnt have enough to keep it close without Morse.dddddddddddd. He is averaging 23.7 points.Hes a special offensive player, Slocum said.Michigan State: Izzo didnt like how any of his wings played in the previous game, and wasnt thrilled with any of them besides Langford even though senior Eron Harris and sophomore Matt McQuaid also scored in double figures. Harris had 13 points and McQuaid scored 11, but they were a combined 10 of 26 overall and 4 of 15 on 3-point shots and didnt play well enough at the other end for Izzo.When I got two freshmen playing better defense than a sophomore and a senior, thats not too settling for me, Izzo said.IN THE PAINTNick Ward had 13 points and eight rebounds a game after the freshman forward scored a season-high 24 points and matched his best game on the boards with 10 rebounds. Ward played 20 minutes, coming in and out of the game more frequently than Izzo would like because hes not in good enough shape to play more consistently.Nick has got to be able to play more than 3, 4 minutes in a stretch, Izzo said.BRING THE BUZZWithout Miles, the Spartans are lacking a playmaker that fires up the team and the crowd.He makes a lot of electric dunks, McQuaid said. We have to find that energy he brings.PUT ME IN, COACHMatt Van Dyk grabbed a career-high nine rebounds, more than doubling his previous high.Im trying to figure out if that is good news or bad news, Izzo said. We put that kid in a tough situation.The 6-foot-5, 220-pound former walk-on was needed in the post because Ward was often too tired to play more and Kenny Goins fouled out in just 15 minutes.UP NEXTYoungstown State: Plays at American on Saturday.Michigan State: Hosts Tennessee Tech.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen