Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ttp://www.cheapdolphinsjersey.com/]cheap dol

in
Über uns
08.12.2018 11:50
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- When Juan Martin del Potro is healthy, and his shots are on target, hes as dangerous as they come on the sort of hard courts used at the U.S. Open. Getting his game in shape ahead of the years last Grand Slam tournament, the top-seeded del Potro solved John Isners big serve and pulled away for a 3-6, 6-1, 6-2 victory in the Citi Open final Sunday, winning his third championship and 14th consecutive match in Washington. "His forehand is widely regarded as maybe the best in the world," Isner said. "I couldnt do anything about it. I actually wasnt really surprised. Ive seen him do that a lot of times. Thats what he does. Hes got a lot of talent, and a lot of talent on that forehand side." Back in 2009, del Potro followed up a title in the nations capital with a trophy at the U.S. Open, which starts in three weeks. "Fantastic memories," the seventh-ranked del Potro told the crowd. When the Argentine arrived in Washington this time, he came with some questions about his body and his game. He hadnt played a hard-court match since the spring. He hadnt competed at all in nearly a month -- a five-set loss July 5 to No. 1 Novak Djokovic in the longest semifinal in Wimbledon history, more than 4 1/2 hours. And he hadnt fully tested the left knee he hyperextended in a tumble during a match at the All England Club. "Im surprised to win this tournament," del Potro said. He came through without any problems, other than that first-set hiccup, which might have been due to a short turnaround: His semifinal was delayed by rain Saturday night and ended after midnight. He didnt get to sleep until about 3 a.m., 12 hours before the final started, which he said was "a little frustrating." In the womens final, seventh-seeded Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia beat unseeded Andrea Petkovic of Germany 6-4, 7-6 (2) to win the Citi Open for the second consecutive year. The 43rd-ranked Rybarikova is 10-0 in Washington, where shes won half of her four career titles. With wind whipping around at 15 mph and temperatures at 80 degrees, Isner got off to a terrific start Sunday -- thanks in part to his powerful and always effective serve, not surprisingly, but also with other aspects of his still-evolving game. It took Isner less than 10 minutes to create a cushion, breaking at love for a 3-1 edge and soon was up 5-2. Given that Isner never had won a set against del Potro in three previous meetings, it made sense that nothing would come easily this time, either. So Isner required five set points before eventually cashing in with a 137 mph service winner. And then, everything changed. Perhaps Isner was bound to falter after such impeccable serving all week. Perhaps the fatigue of playing his ninth match in 11 days -- the American won a hard-court title at Atlanta last week -- caught up to him. After all, Isner thanked his chiropractor during the trophy ceremony, drawing chuckles from fans. Del Potros take: "It was strange to hear that." While Isner acknowledged he was tired, del Potro had a lot to do with the way the match shifted. Starting off way behind the baseline to receive serves and using every bit of his considerable wingspan, Del Potro broke Isner four times in all, including three in a row while winning seven consecutive games to take control. Isner -- best known for winning the longest match in tennis history, 70-68 in the fifth set at Wimbledon in 2010 -- had not even faced a break point over any of his previous three matches. Del Potro also limited Isner to six aces after the eighth-seeded and 20th-ranked American pounded 29 in the semifinals. "Im sure that was his game plan, just to get my serve back and go from there," Isner observed. "He was standing so far back that the guy calling the sideline had to move out of the way." Del Potro added to his Washington titles from 2008 and 2009. He skipped the tournament for various reasons from 2010-12. He earned his first break point Sunday -- and the first Isner faced since his opening match -- 35 minutes into the final, in the second sets second game. But a 14-stroke point ended with del Potro sailing an easy forehand long for an unforced error. He hung his head, leaned over with hands on knees, then crouched down and stared at the net. Isner also took the next two points to hold for 1-1. But Isner wouldnt win another game for a substantial stretch. A bad drop shot into the net, a poor overhead smash right at del Potro that resulted in a cross-court forehand winner, a long forehand and a long backhand all added up to a break at love. That ended a run of 50 consecutive service games won by Isner across four matches and put del Potro up 3-1 in the second set. Clearly, he was in charge. After only 1 1/2 hours, the final was finished. Next for del Potro are hard-court tournaments in Montreal and Cincinnati. Those lead up to the U.S. Open, where Isner said del Potro will be "certainly one of the top favourites." Cheap College Jerseys Outlet . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. Cheap College Jerseys Free Shipping . Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. http://www.jerseyscollegecheap.com/ . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. College Jerseys Stitched . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. Cheap USA College Jerseys . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. NEW YORK -- Mark Teixeira knew this would be difficult. Twenty seconds after he started to speak, his voice cracked.That didnt take long, did it? he said.A three-time All-Star first baseman whose career has been interrupted by injuries for much of the last five years, Teixeira announced during a tear-filled news conference Friday at Yankee Stadium that he plans to retire at the end of this season.I gave you everything I had, he said to Yankees fans during the televised announcement, then stopping for 15 seconds to regain his composure. It wasnt always enough.The 36-year-old is batting .202 with 10 homers and 27 RBI, and his 404 home runs are fifth among switch-hitters, trailing only Mickey Mantle (536), Eddie Murray (504), Chipper Jones (468) and Carlos Beltran (415).A five-time Gold Glove winner, he is in the final season of a $180 million, eight-year contract. He is most proud of reaching 30 homers and 100 RBI in eight consecutive seasons from 2004-11.As the season went on, I just kind realized that my body cant do it anymore, Teixeira said as teammates looked on. If Im going to grind through seasons not being healthy, Id rather be home with my family. Id rather do something else. And I miss my kids way too much to be in a training room in Detroit rather than being at their dance recital or their school play.When he arrived at spring training in February, Teixeira said Id love to play five more years. My body feels so good. Why not play until 40?My neck hurts almost every day. The knee thing popped up, he said. Its been a struggle for me to stay on the field consistently the last three, four years now. And so it just all kind of dawned on me that thats not in the cards.He was slowed early this season by a bulging disk in his neck and was on the disabled list from June 4-25 with a right knee cartilage tear, an injury that has caused manager Joe Girardi to schedule repeated off days since his return.Teixeira first thought about retiring after he spoke to his father in San Diego at the time of his 400th home run on July 3. He finalized his decision when talking with his family during the All-Star break.He didnt want to hide his decision when asked in the next two months about possible trades by the rebuilding Yankees or impending free agency. He anticipated breaking down as he spoke about the end of his carreer.ddddddddddddeixeiras are criers by the way, so if you dont know that yet, he said.He was taken by Texas with the fifth overall pick in the 2001 amateur draft, made his big league debut with the Rangers two years later and, hoping to emulate Baltimores Cal Ripken Jr., played in 507 consecutive games during a streak that ended in 2007. He was traded to Atlanta that July, dealt to the Los Angeles Angels the following year and signed with the Yankees in January 2009.Succeeding Don Mattingly and Tino Martinez at first, Teixeira helped New York win a World Series title in his first season. He hit .292 with 39 homers and 122 RBI and finishing second behind Minnesotas Joe Mauer in AL MVP voting.I was like, oh, Yankees win the World Series all the time. Well probably win three or four more, he thought to himself. But you realize how difficult it is.Teixeira was limited to 15 games and a .151 average in 2013 after tearing the tendon sheath in his right hand while with the U.S. team at the World Baseball Classic. He had surgery that July 1 and missed the remainder of the season, then hit .216 with 22 homers and 62 RBI the following year, when the hand was still regaining strength and he was slowed by a hamstring injury.Fully recovered, he made the All-Star team again in 2015 but fouled a pitch off his right leg Aug. 17, played two more games in pain and then found out he had fractured his shin. He finished the season with a .255 average, 31 homers and 79 RBI.Greg Bird, a 23-year-old who missed this season following shoulder surgery, is expected back for the Arizona Fall League and is projected by the Yankees as Teixeiras possible successor. Girardi anticipates Tyler Austin, who turns 24 next month, also can challenge for the job during spring training.Teixeira hosted a show on the Yankees YES Network two years ago called Four Territory. He doesnt want to think about future jobs just yet.Ill miss hitting the home run, he said. I wont miss the early workouts in spring training. I wont miss leaving my family. I wont miss being on the training table getting treatment. Im not going to miss any of that stuff. But, yeah, from 7 to 10 oclock, Ill miss that time. But that will fade eventually. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen