Image and video hosting by TinyPic

VANCOUVER -- The struggling Vancouver Canucks cant seem to catch a break on the injury front. [url=http://www.dolphinsteamauthen

in
Über uns
21.04.2018 07:40
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

VANCOUVER -- The struggling Vancouver Canucks cant seem to catch a break on the injury front. Cameron Wake Jersey . The team announced Thursday that centre Mike Santorelli has undergone surgery to repair a torn labrum and will be out five to six months, effectively ending his season. The news came after assistant coach Mike Sullivan told reporters defenceman Kevin Bieksa wont accompany the Canucks on their five-game road trip that leads into the Olympic break. "Its more than (a maintenance day)," said Sullivan of Bieksas absence from practice. "He is not going to join us on the trip. "We dont know the details of it yet. When we get more information well update you." On top of that, fellow defenceman Christopher Tanev is out with whats believed to be a broken hand. Captain Henrik Sedin has missed the last five games with an upper-body injury, although Sullivan expects him back soon. "Hes still day-to-day, but I believe he will join us on this trip and we are hopeful that well get him at some point here," said Sullivan. It all adds up to a very busy sick bay for a team that has just four wins in its last 15 games (4-8-3), including just two victories in regulation. The loss of Santorelli hurts up front as the Canucks have been held to two goals or less in nine of their last 10 games. The 28-year-old, who was injured Jan. 16, had 10 goals and 18 assists in 49 games this season. A native of nearby Burnaby, B.C., Santorelli impressed head coach John Tortorella in training camp and became one his most trusted players the first half of the season. "After consultation with our team physicians, we determined Mike would require a procedure on his shoulder," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said in statement. "The surgery was successful and we expect a full recovery." Santorelli -- who can become an unrestricted free agent in July -- had been a journeyman in the league until appearing to find a home with the Canucks. He was put on waivers by the Florida Panthers last season and picked up by the Winnipeg Jets before signing with Vancouver. The loss of Bieksa, who has four goals and 15 assists in 55 games this season, is also a significant blow. To take the 32-year-olds place on the blue-line, the Canucks recalled defenceman Frank Corrado of the American Hockey Leagues Utica Comets. The 20-year-old played six games for Vancouver earlier this season but has yet to register a point. Meanwhile, Tortorella still has one game to go in his six-game suspension for trying to get into the Calgary Flames locker-room after that infamous first-period line brawl Jan. 18. The fiery head coach, who had been on his best behaviour since coming to Vancouver prior to that incident, will sit out Friday games against the Winnipeg Jets before returning Monday against the Detroit Red Wings. What he will find is a team with a 27-19-9 record thats in a dogfight for one of the two Western Conference wild-card spots, a position the Canucks arent accustomed to after winning division titles five of the last six years. "We have to be a resilient group. We understand the circumstance, everybodys looking for the result," said Sullivan. "Resilience and attitude is a big part of having success in this league, because inevitably, most teams go through adversity where they lose a few games or things dont go their way, they hit the injury bug, whatever it may be -- sometimes its all of the above." Cordrea Tankersley Jersey . -- John Fox will coach the Denver Broncos from the sideline and not the booth upon his return Sunday five weeks after heart surgery. Julius Thomas Jersey . And while taking highly-touted Simon Fraser offensive lineman Matthias Goossen second overall on Tuesday night will definitely help in an area of need for the club, it was a swap of draft picks that may prove to be his most shrewd move. "When Jesse Briggs started to fall a little bit, you could just see Kyle perk up in his chair. http://www.dolphinsteamauthenticshop.com/c-35-dolphins-jermon-bushrod-jersey.aspx . For one, he still gets to crank the intensity to the max. "I push pretty angry. I ran pretty angry too though, but I have fun doing it," Lumsden said.Canadian bantamweight Mitch Gagnon looks to prove people wrong Saturday night in Brazil. So does American middleweight C.B. (The Doberman) Dollaway.Both are heavy underdogs in the marquee bouts of the UFC Fight Night card in Barueri.The UFC lists former light-heavyweight champion Lyoto (The Dragon) Machida, currently ranked No. 4 among 185-pound contenders, as more than a 6-1 favourite to beat No. 10 Dollaway in the main event at the Jose Correa Arena.Ive been the underdog in my last five fights, said an unconcerned Dollaway, who won four of those with the fifth a controversial split decision loss to Tim Boetsch.Renan Barao, the No. 1 contender and former champion at 135 pounds, is more than a 7-1 favourite to defeat No. 14 Gagnon, in the co-main event. Some bookies have Barao a 10-1 favourite.Gagnon, a prickly fighter in the cage, is unfazed by the odds.Youve got to treat every fight the same, said Gagnon (12-2). Im not trying to put more stress on me than theres always been. Youre still in a fight.The 30-year-old from Sudbury, Ont., can expect a motivated opponent in Barao (34-2 with one no contest). The 27-year-old Brazilian lost his title to T.J. Dillashaw at UFC 173 in May. And he was forced out of their August rematch at UFC 177 last August due to health issues during weight cutting.Gagnon sees the plus side of fighting a former champion. Theres plenty of video of him.The five-foot-five Canadian arrives on a roll, having won his last four bouts since dropping his UFC debut to Bryan Caraway in a bout that earned both men US$65,000 fight of the night bonuses. Three of his recent wins came via first-round submissions.Im on the up-and-up, Im riding a four-fight win streak and Im healthy, said Gagnon.Given Baraos recent problems, its perfect timing to fight him, he added. I wouldnt want it any other way.Gagnon has covered a lot of territory in preparing for the fight. He trains in the Toronto area, commuting between gyms in Oshawa, Toronto and Oakville.He stays with a coach in Toronto during training camp, with his fiancee coming down to visit every second weekend. AJ Duhe Jersey. he Arizona-based Dollaway (16-6) is no stranger to travel himself. He has won twice in Brazil and once in Germany since January 2013.Its nothing new for me, he said of fighting in hostile territory. I know what Im walking into. It is what it is. Im going to feed off the crowd. Itll be a great night.Its awesome to be able to go out and do what I do, and be able to make that kind of emotion for so many people and so many fans.Being part of the main event in Brazil kept him from taking part in the UFCs debut card in Phoenix last weekend. The 31-year-old Dollaway watched from the stands, before arriving in Brazil 10 pounds lighter than he normally does for fight week.I knew I had to get a little leaner, he said. The fight was going to be a much longer fight — five rounds, two extra rounds than Im normally used to going. I cant be having a bad weight cut and I just need to feel good.The 31-year-old former Arizona State star wrestler has come a long way since losing to Amir Sadollah in the final of Season 7 of The Ultimate Fighter in 2008. He has survived hip and ankle surgery and founded his own gym — Power MMA and Fitness in Gilbert, Ariz. — with fellow fighters Ryan Bader and Aaron Simpson.Bader lost to Machida (21-5) in 2012 so he has plenty of insight into the elusive Brazilian. The injuries behind him and the right people around him, Dollaway (9-5 in the UFC) has made major advances. His submission arsenal includes everything from guillotine chokes to the rare Peruvian Necktie and his striking is more dangerous each time out. And his elite wrestling skills have resulted in 29 takedowns, third most in UFC middleweight history.Ive been able to be consistent for a while, getting the right coaches, the right trainers, the right atmosphere, the right sponsors and managers, he said.Running his own gym gives him another reason to be there.Like people say if you stay ready, you dont have to get ready, he said.———Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter. China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen