Image and video hosting by TinyPic

rsey.com/]Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimo

in
Über uns
17.12.2018 11:43
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

TORONTO --?Trevor Bauer couldnt stop the bleeding.Four batters into the first inning of Game 3 of the American League Championship Series on Monday, blood began to drip out of Bauers right pinkie finger, causing the Cleveland Indians pitcher to be forced from the game. But six Indians relievers combined to record 25 outs in a 4-2 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays.Im a competitor, man. I want to be out there, Bauer said. I wouldnt have gone out there if I didnt want to be out there. It was my turn to pitch, and I expected myself to go deep in the ballgame, like I always do.Bauer gashed his finger while doing routine maintenance on a drone last week in Cleveland and had his scheduled start pushed back from Game 2. According to Bauer, his finger hadnt bled in the previous two days, leading the Indians to believe he would be able to pitch.But Bauer said he felt blood trickling down his ring finger after the third pitch of an at-bat against Troy Tulowitzki, the fourth batter of the game.?I looked down, it was bleeding pretty good, Bauer said after the game, in which the Indians took a 3-0 lead in the series. I was like, you know, my only chance to stay in the game here is to get through the at-bat and get in the dugout and hope to stop the bleeding. Sometimes the circumstances arent in your favor.Bauer walked Tulowitzki, at which point Blue Jays manager John Gibbons signaled to plate umpire Brian Gorman. Rules forbid pitchers from using a foreign substance, including a bandage, on their hand. Sources told ESPNs Buster Olney that Bauer was indeed removed under the foreign-substance rule, and Gibbons said MLB discussed the situation with the teams ahead of time.The other night we had a pre-series meeting, they brought up the injury and MLB told both teams if he starts bleeding at all hes got to come out of the game, Gibbons said. Regardless, you cant put anything on it to do all that, and we kept getting calls that he was bleeding pretty good.Bauer was replaced by Dan Otero after 21 pitches.The Indians knew this was a possibility. Before the game, manager Terry Francona outlined a scenario in which Bauer would have to leave the game early, forcing the bullpen into action. As a result, he decided to alter the rotation and start ace right-hander Corey Kluber on short rest in Game 4 on Tuesday.Francona said Gibbons was almost apologetic for having to point out the injury to Gorman.Gibby actually called me. He goes, Thats not really what we wanted to do, but it was pretty ... I get it, Francona said. I mean, shoot, it was only a matter of time until everybody saw it. It was bleeding pretty bad.Francona, in a postgame interview with Olney, said he figured the Blue Jays side had seen the extent of the bleeding on TV.When I went out there and got to the mound, I couldnt believe how much it was bleeding, Francona said. I cant believe he hid it for the two pitches. I mean, it was on the dirt, it was on the rubber. And Brian Gorman looked at me and said, He cant pitch. I was like, I know that.Bauer didnt put up much of an argument about leaving the game, another signal that the decision was out of his hands.Im sure if they had given him the option of chopping his finger off or coming out of the game, he wouldve chopped his finger off,?Indians closer Cody Allen?said.Gorman had approached the mound as Francona made his visit.Thats too much, Gorman could be heard saying in a TV replay, referring to the blood flow from Bauers finger. Youre going to have to replace him.As he walked off the field to a mock ovation from the raucous crowd at Rogers Centre, Bauer motioned to the crowd with his injured finger.That was the loudest standing ovation Ive ever gotten after an outing, Bauer said. I guess I enjoyed the class of them cheering since I was injured.Francona, who also was Curt Schillings manager with Boston during the famous bloody-sock game against the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS, already is juggling a rotation that is missing injured starters Carlos Carrasco (broken hand) and Danny Salazar (forearm strain). Right-hander Mike Clevinger had been slated to start Game 4, but given the uncertainty over Bauer, the Indians moved him to the bullpen as a long reliever and slotted Ryan Merritt into the rotation.Indians president of baseball operations Chris Antonetti said the team thinks Bauer will be able to pitch again in the ALCS if it goes long enough and that Bauer should be ready by the World Series if the Indians are fortunate enough to advance.Hes real disappointed, Antonetti said. I dont want to speak for him, but I think he feels like he let the team down in some respects. He was dead set on pitching deep into the game and giving us a chance to win. To have to leave it early and turn it over to the bullpen, he was frustrated.But in the end, he was elated that we won. Thats been part of Trevors maturation as a pitcher. Hes been able to put all those other things aside and just focus on the team win. He was pretty happy at the end of the game.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Cheap Vapormax Shoes .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. Cheap Nike Air Vapormax . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. http://www.cheapvapormaxforsale.com/ .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. Cheap Air Vapormax Wholesale . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. Cheap Vapormax For Sale . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. Eoin Morgan, Englands limited-overs captain, will not travel to Bangladesh to lead the team in their one-day series due to concerns about security, the ECB has confirmed. Opening batsman Alex Hales has also ruled himself out of the tour for the same reasons.Jos Buttler, the teams vice-captain, will lead in Morgans absence, with squads for the three ODIs and two Tests set to be announced on Friday. Morgan and Hales were foremost among the players to have spoken of their uncertainty about going to Bangladesh, after a terrorist attack in July, and communicated their intentions to Andrew Strauss, Englands director of cricket, at the weekend.Whilst we understand and respect Eoin and Alexs decision, we are disappointed that they have made themselves unavailable for selection for the Bangladesh tour, Strauss said. We have had open and honest conversations with all the players about the security arrangements in Bangladesh and at this stage we are not expecting any other individuals to withdraw from the tour. Final selection for the Bangladesh tour, will now take place on Friday.As with all England overseas tours, the safety and security of players and staff is of the utmost importance to ECB. We will continue to monitor the situation in Bangladesh, take advice and consider the appropriate steps up to and throughout the five weeks we are on tour.Morgan was reported to have told Strauss he would not be going to Bangladesh before the players went for their end-of-season assessments at Loughborough on Friday and Saturday. Those in line for selection were given until this weekend to make a final decision on whether they would accept the recommendation of the ECBs security advisor, Reg Dickason, that the tour should go ahead as planned.Strauss has said he believes it is 100% safe to tour, after a delegation including Dickason, the PCA chief executive, David Leatherdale, and ECB director of cricket operations, John Carr, reported back last month.In a statement on Sunday, the ECB said: A thorough and detailed risk assessment was approved and accepted by the ECB board and the England players and management have been fully briefed on all aspects of the safety and security arrangements.Earlier in the week, Morgan gave details about previous security scares he had experienced on the subcontinent. He referred to a bomb going off in Bangalore while he was playing at the IPL in 2010, as well as political unrest in Bangladesh in 2013.dddddddddddd Last year, Australia cancelled a tour of Bangladesh on government advice and did not send a team to the Under-19 World Cup.I have been to places before when things have become a distraction and once or twice when that has been security, and when it has been I told myself I would not put myself in that situation again, Morgan said. Playing international cricket - or any cricket - is not about worrying about different things, it should be the best time of your life, it should be something that you are looking forward to and wanting to do well in and are able to focus on.While the ECB made clear that the decision whether to tour would be down individuals and no player would be penalised for pulling out, Strauss had been hopeful that Morgan would join Alastair Cook, the Test captain, in committing himself to the tour.Would I like both our captains to be on that tour? Absolutely, definitely, Strauss said on Wednesday. The captain has certain roles and responsibilities that are greater than just looking after themselves. He obviously has a duty to the team. But theyre still human beings - and I think thats an important point to make. They have their own thoughts, concerns, issues and views on life - and weve got to understand that.With Buttler taking charge for the ODIs in Bangladesh, England may have to make a decision about the captaincy in the longer term, ahead of limited-overs series in India and West Indies scheduled for the start of 2017, followed by the Champions Trophy. Morgan has overseen great success since the 2015 World Cup, with England winning four of their last six ODI series, as well as reaching the final of the 2016 World T20.For Hales, the decision could have immediate ramifications for his international career. While he is a regular in the limited-overs teams, his Test place is far less secure after failing to record a century in 11 matches; opting out of the two Tests against Bangladesh is likely to see Hales omitted for the subsequent India series as well, with Lancashires 19-year-old opener Haseeb Hameed tipped to replace him, although he may have been dropped in any event. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen