Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ersey.com/]Cheap Throwback Base

in
Über uns
17.12.2018 11:44
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim wants his bench to perform better.He got his wish Saturday.John Gillon and Taurean Thompson came off the bench to score a Syracuse career-high 23 points and career-high 22 points, respectively, and the Orange broke open a tight game early in the second half to defeat Boston University 99-77.Gillon hadnt scored in Syracuses two previous games.We want guys to come off the bench to score and thats what happened today, Boeheim said. Thompson is getting better on offense. ... John saved the game in the first half.Andrew White added 19 and Tyler Lydon 10 for the Orange (6-3). Frank Howard had 11 assists and just two turnovers.Syracuse had lost three of four entering the game.Cedric Hankerson led the Terriers (4-6) with 34 points, including 10 of 20 from beyond the arc. Eric Fanning chipped in with 12 points and nine rebounds.Syracuse led 45-39 at the half but outscored the Terriers 19-5 in the first five minutes of the second half, led by seven from Thompson, to take a 64-44 lead. The Orange breezed the rest of the way, extending their lead to 88-55. Syracuse shot 55 percent in the second half, outscoring the Terriers 54-38 after intermission.They just got on a run and we couldnt really bounce back from that, said Hankerson. They were hitting some daggers and we started turning the ball over too much.They had some guys who shot better than they had been, and we helped them, said BU coach Joe Jones. We were really bad on offense and made some really bad decisions and you cant do that.Gillon and Thompson scored 14 and 12 points, respectively, in the first half to spark what had been a lethargic Orange effort. Gillons first-half points included 4 of 4 from beyond the arc.I had a lot going on and wasnt in the right mindset, not ready to play, said Gillon. Thats what happens, you get bad results. Im getting myself together.Both teams exchanged baskets early on, but then the Terriers went on an 8-0 run, led by two 3-pointers by Hankerson, to take a 20-12 lead. Two 3s by Gillon and a jumper by Thompson tied the score at 23 with 8:31 to go in the half. The Orange then outscored BU 22-16 to take its halftime lead.Hankerson, who averaged 9.3 points a game entering the game, scored 19 in the first half.The undersized Terriers outrebounded Syracuse for the game.Despite the win, Boeheim said theres much work to do.Its foolish for me or anybody to think this was going to happen right away. Its a long way off, Boeheim said. We have glaring weaknesses and have to get better.BIG PICTUREBOSTON UNIVERSITY: The Terriers hung tough for a half but the Oranges talent took over in the second 20 minutes. BU was tough on the boards and had 18 second-chance points.SYRACUSE: It was another decisive victory for the Orange over a decidedly inferior opponent, so you cant really judge much from the win.TIP-INSHankersons game was his best yet since returning from last years season-pending ACL. . This was the first game all year that the Terriers had been outscored in the paint.White has scored in double figures in all nine Syracuse games. . Lydon is 3 of 17 from 3 in his last three games. .. Dajuan Coleman had just two points after two solid efforts.UP NEXTBoston University: Hosts New Hampshire a week from Sunday.Syracuse: Continues its five-game homestand next Saturday against longtime rival Georgetown on whats been designated Pearl Washington Day in honor of the Syracuse legend who died earlier this year. NFL Jerseys Outlet . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Wholesale Jerseys Authentic . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. http://www.cheapnfljerseysbywholesale.com/ . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. China NFL Jerseys Sale . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period. LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Breaking out as an offensive contributor has spurred Kentucky forward Derek Willis to want to have the same impact on the defensive end.Lost in the shuffle for two years behind a parade of future NBA draft picks, the 6-foot-9 Willis earned his way into Kentuckys rotation as a junior and finally showed the talent that coach John Calipari had insisted was always there.Willis is a projected starter as the second-ranked Wildcats open Friday night against Stephen F. Austin with another roster of young talent. The confidence in his shooting during the preseason -- along with a willingness to fight for rebounds -- figures to make him a part of Caliparis developing rotations.I feel like I really know my role, and there are things I still need to work on, said Willis, who averaged career bests of 7.7 points, 4.0 rebounds and 18.6 minutes with 11 starts last season. Once I figure this out, Ill help this team out even more than I have.Willis seems self-assured enough to turn heads in practice with intense play and even offer a suggestion to Calipari.Calipari recalled a moment when Willis reminded him of something he wasnt doing in the zone offense, a point the coach acknowledged before changing the play and thanking him.Last year, he would never have done that, Calipari said. That just shows you hes maturing, that hes able to trust enough that he can give a suggestion and know its not going to be thrown (back) at me.Having established himself as a perimeter threat -- he ranked third on the team with 53 3-pointers on 44 percent shooting -- the Mt. Washington, Kentucky, native appears comfortable inside. Hes going harder at the rim on both ends and contesting shots more along with diving for loose balls.Hes cominng in and just fighting for everything, 6-10 redshirt freshman forward Tai Wynyard said.ddddddddddddWillis growing confidence has been most evident in the way he has challenged defenders and shooters and given them a hard look after a physical play.Thats how Ive needed to play, Willis said, referring to a summer of studying video of his play. I can stretch the court, but rebounding and just playing defense and making sure my guy doesnt score more than me is important.Willis focus on defense is important as Calipari teaches the finer points of that aspect to on frontcourt newcomers Bam Adebayo and Sacha Killeya-Jones -- both 6-10- and 6-9 Wenyen Gabriel. After lacking a physical post game last season , Calipari has made that a point this season and is depending on veterans such as Willis to set the tone.Wynyard praised the seniors mental preparation, which might be even more critical with a season-opening stretch of three games in five days, including Tuesdays matchup against No. 12 Michigan State in New York City. As Kentuckys freshmen learn to play together and prepare for the first of many marquee non-conference games, they will look to Willis, fellow senior Dominique Hawkins and sophomore guard Isaiah Briscoe for guidance.All have embraced the responsibility with Willis in particular pulling teammates together for huddles. He sees that as a natural role for a veteran, especially since he has personal examples to draw from.Even last year, I could see that role developing for me, Willis said. So now, wherever Im needed, Im talking.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen