Image and video hosting by TinyPic

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. [url=http://www.airjordan1discount.com/]Air Jordan 1 Outlet Online[/url] . - Teemu Selanne still wakes up

in
Über uns
19.12.2018 04:19
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. Air Jordan 1 Outlet Online . - Teemu Selanne still wakes up early while his four children are heading to school, and he plays golf or tennis almost every day after they leave. He still drives fast cars, enjoys fancy dinners and makes time for any hockey fan who approaches him.For the first time in his adult life, Selanne no longer has to do any of it. He retired from the Anaheim Ducks last summer, wrapping up his 21-season NHL career with the team that will retire his No. 8 jersey on Sunday in a gala tribute.Selanne knows how many athletes struggle to find direction in their lives when their lifelong goals are gone.Not the Finnish Flash. Hes always moving forward.I havent really missed the game as much as I thought, Selanne said this week. I miss the boys, the locker room, maybe some good dinners on the road. But I played enough. It was a perfect time to retire.These days, Selanne can while away an afternoon sitting at an Irish pub in this upscale Orange County enclave. Around the corner, a theatre will present a special screening of a documentary about his life that evening, part of a weeks festivities thrown by the Ducks.Ive been enjoying every day, he said while knocking back a Guinness before attending the show. Living without any schedule is fun. That slot between 8 and 3 every day, its fun. ... When you wake up, you dont have to do anything. I always do, but its nice to have (the option).Selanne just might be the most beloved athlete in Orange County, where he spent 15 of his 21 NHL seasons as the biggest cold-weather sports star in a sun-kissed area. His jersey will be the first ever retired by the Ducks, who came into existence one year after Selannes career began.Tickets to Sundays game against the Winnipeg Jets — his employer for his first four seasons — are incredibly difficult to acquire. About 60 friends and family members from Finland will be in the stands, including his parents.The milestone has compelled the 44-year-old Selanne to reflect on his career, and he remains stunned by his own longevity.At the time when I came into this league, if you were a 32-year-old hockey player, you were older, Selanne said. I thought I was going to play three, four years. Maybe if I was lucky, I could play to 30.Selanne can scarcely list every way pro hockey changed during his quarter-century in the sport, starting in Finland with Jokerit in 1989. Almost every change has improved players lives, from chartered flights and safety technology to major lifestyle changes.Wed go out, and some guys would have two beers, and some would have 20, he said. After the game, youd take the helmet off and get beers, first thing. Now, its protein shakes. I dont think guys knew what was good food for you. When I came into the league, guys were still smoking. Now, I dont even know one guy off the ice who smokes.Selanne also watched the NHLs evolution from a league of freewheeling fun to a defence-first grind. He scored a jaw-dropping 76 goals in his first season in Winnipeg in 1992, a rookie record thats unlikely ever to be touched.After that, it was all downhill, he said with a grin. But hockey started changing after New Jersey won the Cup with a different style (in 1995). When I came in, there was no scouting. My third or fourth year, the coach got VHS tapes of the next team. These days, theres no secrets.Selanne can now watch the games evolution from a hockey dads perspective: His teenage sons, Eemil and Eetu, are prospects.Selanne drove an RV to San Jose for a recent tournament — although the trip mostly reminded him how much he enjoys hotels. And though he tries to avoid it, he cant help thinking sometimes about how he would have scored on chances that his kids missed.Selanne Steak Tavern, his 15-month-old Laguna Beach restaurant located one block from the Pacific, is packed most weekends with a lively crowd eating $52 rib eyes and checking out Selannes Olympic medals and the replica of the Stanley Cup won by the Ducks in 2007. Selanne drops by a few times a week, and he has been surprised to learn how the dynamics in a kitchen are familiar.Its really like a hockey team in some ways, Selanne said. I want it to be a place people love to come to work.Selanne has attended a few Ducks games this season, sitting with fellow Finnish retiree Saku Koivu. His children avidly watch every game at home, so he knows when the Ducks score a goal because theyre screaming.After several more months of relaxation, Selanne plans to return to hockey in some capacity, likely with the Ducks or the Finnish national team. He has high hopes for the current Anaheim team, which has led the overall NHL standings for much of the season, and hell be paying attention when the playoffs roll around.They look so good, and they have so much depth again, he said. Its going to be different watching them. But it was time. Jordan 1 Outlet Online . The Maple Leafs will play on the road for the first time this season after dropping home contests to Montreal and Pittsburgh to begin the campaign. After losing a one-goal decision to the Canadiens on Wednesday, they were bested 5-2 on Saturday by the Penguins. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Wholesale . -- New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has no concerns about the health of shortstop Derek Jeter, who was limited to 17 games last season due to leg injuries. http://www.airjordan1discount.com/ . Bradley is one of eight players selected to the team who also played in this years World Cup in Brazil. The MLS all-stars will compete against German giants Bayern Munich in Portland on Aug.Chapel Hill, NC (SportsNetwork.com) - Coming off a surprising loss at home in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, the 12th-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels look for some perspective, as they play host to instate rival East Carolina at the Smith Center on Sunday. Roy Williams squad has probably underachieved in the early going this season, now sitting at 5-2 on the year. The Tar Heels have impressive wins over the likes of UCLA and Florida on their resume, but have dropped a pair of games to Butler (74-66) and most recently, Iowa (60-55). UNC alum Jeff Lebo is in his fifth season as head coach of East Carolina. The Pirates havent exactly gotten off to a fast start, sitting at an even 4-4 through eight games. The team has alternated wins and losses thus far and enters this game off a 72-63 road loss at Florida Atlantic. North Carolina has won all three previous meetings with East Carolina, including the last one, a 93-87 shootout at the Smith Center in 2012. An obvious lack of consistency has plagued the Pirates in the early stages of the season, despite the team shooting a decent .467 from the floor overall. ECU is averaging 73.4 ppg this year and holds a +6.0 scoring margin to date. B.J. Tyson hasnt started a single game yet, but he does lead the team in scoring at 16.0 ppg. Caleb White is next in line at 14.4 ppg, followed by Terry Whisnant and his 11.5 ppg. The team did lose some depth early on with a hiip injury to Marshall Guilmette (12. Jordan 1 Shoes For Sale. 0 ppg) leaving him sidelined after just two games. It was poor shooting that did in the Pirates at FAU last week, as the team collectively shot just .388 from the floor, including a mere 3-of-11 from behind the arc. White led three Pirates in double figures in the loss, posting 18 points. Tyson added 16 off the bench, while Kanu Aja finished with 11. Poor shooting was what did in the Tar Heels at home last week against Iowa, as the hometown team shot under 30 percent from the floor in both halves and finished the game at a dismal 27.9 percent efficiency. The team made just 19 field goals overall and was an ugly 4-of-23 from long range. Kennedy Meeks continued his strong play in the frontcourt, posting a double-double of 15 points and 12 rebounds. Marcus Paige had 13 points in the loss, but failed to dole out a single assist in the game. The 55 points against the Hawkeyes were a season-low by a large margin, as UNC enters this game averaging a still impressive 77.6 ppg. Four of the teams five starters are averaging double-digit scoring totals, starting with Paiges 14.9 ppg. The 6-foot-9, 270-pound Meeks has been a force down low, shooting .633 from the field and averaging a double-double with 14.0 points and 10.0 rebounds per game. Justin Jackson and Brice Johnson round out the productive quartet with 11.0 and 10.1 ppg, respectively. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen