Image and video hosting by TinyPic

r, has led to too many deep counts and early exits.The plan going into Sundays game was for Gibson and catcher Kurt Suzuki to se

in Unsere Regeln 24.12.2018 10:15
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- Manager Paul Molitor and general manager Terry Ryan look at Kyle Gibsons 6-foot-6 frame and arm action and see a pitcher who should be one of the Minnesota Twins better starters.Gibsons inconsistent approach at attacking the strike zone, however, has led to too many deep counts and early exits.The plan going into Sundays game was for Gibson and catcher Kurt Suzuki to see how aggressive Clevelands hitters would be. When the Indians remained patient, Gibson and the Twins came up short in a 6-1 loss.Poor defense and a weak offense didnt help, either.Gibson (2-6) allowed a season-high 10 hits and four earned runs in six innings. He struck out four.I thought Gibby was pretty good today for the most part. He attacked a little bit better early, Molitor said.Six of the hits came with two outs, including back-to-back-to-back singles in the fifth inning that gave Cleveland a 2-0 lead.The hits came after Cleveland catcher Yan Gomes was carted off the field with a right shoulder injury after landing awkwardly on first base as he tried to avoid the swipe tag of first baseman Kennys Vargas, who was pulled off the bag on the throw from third baseman Eduardo Nunez. Gomes landed on his shoulder as he tumbled to the ground.One inning later, a bobbled ball by shortstop Eduardo Escobar led to just one out instead of an inning-ending double play. Abraham Almonte followed with a ground-rule double over center fielder Danny Santana to put runners on second and third. Both scored on a single by Chris Gimenez.Fluky inning there in the fifth with Gomes getting hurt, and then they gave me ample time to stay loose so that wasnt a problem, Gibson said. They just came out and hit a couple off-speed pitches right in a row, and all two-out hits. And then I dont know about the next inning either. Its just kind of a fluky situation, I guess.Hes got to separate himself, Ryan said before the game. He should be so good.Josh Tomlin (10-2), who gave up eight runs -- including a season-high five earned -- in 4 2/3 innings against Detroit in his previous outing July 6, looked more like the pitcher that had six straight quality starts before that outing. He allowed six hits and struck out four against the Twins.Minnesota had two runners on in the first, but just three over the next four innings as Tomlin breezed through the Minnesota lineup. He retired 11 straight before Max Kepler homered in the sixth.It was a good pitch, Kepler said. He was pounding cutters the whole game though, so I was kind of expecting that and kept my hands in a little bit better than the at-bats before and got the bat head on the ball.The Twins scored just eight runs in the weekends 29 innings, five in Saturdays 5-4 win in 11 innings. Minnesota scored 39 runs in the six games before the All-Star Break, including 24 over three games in Texas last weekend.Mike Napoli homered into the second deck in left field for a 1-0 lead in the second. Tyler Naquin homered in the eighth and Jason Kipnis in the ninth.HONORING A FAMILIAR VOICEMinnesota inducted former broadcaster John Gordon into the teams Hall of Fame. Gordon spent 25 years as the Twins play-by-play voice, including the 1987 and 1991 World Series-winning teams. He retired after the 2011 season.TRAINERS ROOMTwins: Ryan said 3B Trevor Plouffe, on the disabled list since July 2 with a fractured left rib, is making progress, but theres still some things when hes sleeping and moving.UP NEXTTwins: Coming off consecutive quality starts, Ricky Nolasco (4-7, 5.22) is scheduled to be on the mound as the Twins open a three-game series Monday in Detroit. Matt Boyd (0-2, 5.77) is scheduled to start for the Tigers. Cheap Jordan China Wholesale . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. Cheap Retro Jordans For Sale . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. http://www.cheapjordanfromchina.com/ . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Wholesale Retro Jordans Cheap . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. Cheap Jordans For Sale Wholesale .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. West Indies Cricket Board Presidents XI 180 and 26 for 1 (Ashwin 1-14) trail Indians 364 (Rahul 64, Jadeja 56, Kohli 51, Cornwall 5-118) by 158 runsScorecardWhile KL Rahul struck his second consecutive half-century of the tour, captain Virat Kohli and allrounder Ravindra Jadeja also struck form with fifties on the second day of the warm-up match against West Indies Cricket Board Presidents XI in Basseterre. All of Indias batsmen except Shikhar Dhawan, who made a fifty in the first match, scored in double digits as the visitors made 364 to lead the hosts by 184 in the first innings. They looked set to score more when Rahul and Kohli were batting but offspinner Rahkeem Cornwalls five-for restricted them.Resuming the second day at 93 for 3, the Indians were led by Rahul who marched from his overnight 30 to score 64 before retiring out. Rahul and Kohli put on a partnership of 88 for the fourth wicket as Kohli scored 51. But the captain was dismissed soon after Rahul retired, lbw to Cornwall, who had also dismissed Cheteshwar Pujara the night before.That was the purpose of coming here early to get used to the wickets and conditions and Im really happy with the way Ive batted in the last two innings, Rahul said after the days play. The wickets here have been hard, the weather is hot and humid so its not very easy to go out there and get runs but [Ill] try to use these two innings and the time before the Tests to prepare well for the Test series. So Im really happy with the way Im prepared.Out here it was a little slow and the outfields heavy and thhe ball is getting really soft after 20-30 overs, so getting runs is kind of hard.ddddddddddddAjinkya Rahane then led the visitors past 250 as Stuart Binny was caught behind for 16 off Cornwall. Rahane too fell to the same bowler for 32. The Indians were 254 for 7 and Wridhhiman Sahas run-out made it 298 for 8. The innings was revived by Jadeja, who came in at No. 9, as he scored 56 off 61 with eight fours. He first put on 44 with Saha and then 47 with R Ashwin, who scored a patient 26 off 61. Jadeja was eventually caught and bowled by Cornwall, who finished with 5 for 118.The pitch is offering a little bit so you have to be consistent with your lines, Cornwall said. No nerves whatsoever [against a strong batting line-up], I back my skills to do what I have to do and at the end of the day were playing a game of cricket, so they have to bat and I have to put the balls in the right areas.It is very special, they are top quality batsmen, you have to do your best against them. This will take me a long way. Once you perform against the best, it will always urge you to perform better. This game taught me a lot - I think patience and the way some of these guys carry themselves. It kept me to go and improve on my game.The hosts batted for eight overs before stumps and lost opener Leon Johnson, caught and bowled by Ashwin, for 17 in the last over of the day. They were 26 for 1 at the end of the day and trailed by 158 runs. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen