Image and video hosting by TinyPic

One of the CFLs longest-serving commissioners is leaving the post. [url=http://www.baseballastrosproshop.com/jon-singleton-astro

in
Über uns
22.02.2018 03:48
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

One of the CFLs longest-serving commissioners is leaving the post. Jon Singleton Astros Jersey . Mark Cohon will not return for a third term when his current contract expires in April, 2015. Now in his eighth season as CFL commissioner, only Jake Gaudaur (1968-1984) and Sydney Halter (1958-1966) have held the position as long. Cohon, 48, says he made the announcement now to give the CFLs board of governors time to recruit his replacement. A lucrative television deal, the return of Ottawa to the CFL, labour peace until 2018, a more stringent drug-testing policy and new stadium projects in Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, Hamilton and Ottawa will be among Cohons legacies. "Those were all things that were major projects to move this league along," Cohon told reporters Wednesday on a conference call. "The thing I can be proud of is we built this great foundation for the next individual to build upon and for the board of governors to build upon." The weak position of the Argonauts in Torontos sports landscape and expansion into Atlantic Canada are unfinished business for Cohon, and a concussion lawsuit against the CFL was filed last month. Cohon says he will continue to work on improving the Argos situation before he departs. "Whats next for me is looking tape on Monday, doing discipline on Monday, closing sponsorship deals and getting ready for the Grey Cup, making an announcement on who the halftime act is at the Grey Cup and focusing on the business at hand," he said. "I havent even thought whats next for me. Im confident in my abilities in terms of thinking about what I can do. That will be another chapter, another story and another interview for another time." He took over as commissioner in 2007 from Tom Wright and signed a contract extension in February, 2012. During the 100th anniversary of the Grey Cup in Toronto that year, he told reporters "Im happy where I am, Im challenged and I hope to be around for a while." But Cohon says hes checked off the important items on a checklist he compiled in 2007. "I looked at that list and said you know what? Its probably the right time for me," he said. "Ive loved this job and I love this job. But I think there is a point in anyones career that you look at it and say OK, Im 48 years old. Im going to be 49 at the end of my term. "Building that infrastructure around our stadiums was critical. I think our TV deal was another critical moment for us in building that financial stability. "Probably because its so new and exciting, less than a month ago when I stood on the field and saw that sea of red and black in Ottawa and the team back in Ottawa, that is something I think Ill always remember." The five-year television deal with TSN and RDS worth a reported $40 million per year gives the CFL unprecedented financial stability. The labour unrest the deal created was resolved in June with a new five-year collective bargaining agreement. Cohon is working with Argonauts owner David Braley to get the team out of the Rogers Centre and into the more fan-friendly environment at BMO Field. "For us to continue to grow and be strong as a league, part of that is continuing to grow our strength in Toronto," Cohon said. "The path has been laid and thats something I want to continue to work on while Im here, but I think were in a good situation to continue on that dialogue." He says his successor must know how to work with "strong personalities" and build consensus among the leagues owners. "Any time you have an executive of Marks experience and accomplishments and his age, theres always the thought hes going to look for that next phase in his career," said Jim Lawson, chairman of the board of governors. "Its not a shock. Its a reality of business. Were in a much better position today after Marks tenure." Jose Cruz Astros Jersey . Beanballs were the theme Friday night as the Red Sox and Rays had another AL East rumble, with Boston earning a 3-2 victory on A. Josh Reddick Jersey . Five years ago, Nestor and Zimonjic beat the American twins to win the title. But the Bryans, the worlds top-ranked team, needed 74 minutes to earn the victory Saturday as both Nestor and Zimonjic lost serve in the second set. http://www.baseballastrosproshop.com/hoodie-astros/ . Zimmermann became the National Leagues first 16-game winner, pitching seven solid innings to lead the Washington Nationals past the Philadelphia Phillies 3-2 Wednesday night.MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Will ONeill and Andrew Gordon scored power-play goals less than a minute apart as the St. Johns IceCaps topped the Manchester Monarchs 3-1 on Saturday in American Hockey League play. Carl Klingberg scored early in the third period to give the IceCaps (16-12-3) a 3-0 lead. Eddie Pasquale made 35 saves for the win. Nick Deslauriers had a goal with 53 seconds left in the game, but it was tooo late for the Monarchs (21-7-5). Alex Bregman Astros Jersey. Jean-Francois Berube stopped 22 shots. Manchesters Scott Sabourin took a double minor for high sticking at the 16:56 mark of the second period. ONeill gave St. Johns a 1-0 lead 27 seconds later, followed by Gordon 18:20 into the period. The IceCaps scored on two of their four power plays, while the Monarchs went 0 for 2 with the man advantage. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen