Image and video hosting by TinyPic

honour in the NRL but history suggests it might be seen as a positive omen NOT to win the medal. Only three players in the past

in Unsere Regeln 28.12.2018 11:02
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

The NRLs best team for 2016 will be decided in Sundays Grand Final, but who has been the best player?Votes went secret after round 16, since when ESPN has taken a closer look to see who will win the Dally M Medal. It is the most prestigious individual honour in the NRL but history suggests it might be seen as a positive omen NOT to win the medal. Only three players in the past 30 years,have the medal and premiership in the same year: Parramattas Peter Sterling in 1986, Manlys Matt Orford in 2008, and North Queenslands Johnathan Thurston in 2015.1. Cooper Cronk (Storm)The latest member of the 300-game club shows no signs of slowing down, no sign of complacency and no sign of letting his high standards slip.Cronk has been one of the NRLs biggest success stories since he arrived at Melbourne as a utility player before a lack of options saw him thrown in at halfback when Matt Orford left the Storm for Manly.Incredibly, the 32-year-old started the year as a $34 long shot to claim a second Dally M medal, but his excellent form saw him claim outright favouritism with UBET, at a very short $4, when votes went behind closed doors.2. Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys)Debate might rage as to whether Johnathan Thurston is the greatest rugby league player of all time, but the North Queensland captain is certainly without peer judged on Dally M medals.Among Thurstons seemingly endless list of achievements is an incredible FOUR Dally M medals -- putting him alone at the top of the list of multiple winners, one ahead of Andrew Johns, Peter Sterling and Gavin Miller.JT started the 2016 season as UBETs $6 favourite to claim his fifth medal, but he found himself relegated to the second line of betting when votes went secret after round 16, despite firming in to $5.3. Cameron Smith (Storm)Cameron Smith, like his Storm teammate Cooper Cronk, is looking for his second Dally M medal -- 10 years after he was awarded his first.Smith is the most intelligent player in the NRL, the games best schemer, and there is no smarter organiser in rugby league when it comes to executing a game plan and sticking to team structures.If he were at any other club, and didnt have to compete with the likes of Cronk, Billy Slater and Jesse Bromwich for Dally M points, he would probably already have won the award more than once.Smith also started the season at a generous $34 with UBET, but he closed to $7 third favourite after round 16.4. Josh Hodgson (Raiders)Josh Hodgson was a major factor behind Canberras impressive 2016 NRL season, and the first two weeks of the finals showed his importance to the Raiders. They lost after he left the field with an ankle in jury against Cronulla in Week 1, but the Raiders regained form and confidence when he returned against Penrith a week later.Since the Dally M Medal was introduced in 1980, no Englishman has ever won the award but Hodgson will go as close as any before him.The 26-year-old started the year as a $15 outside chance but went into closed votes on the fourth line of betting at $8 -- and his form has only improved since.Smokey - Jason Taumalolo (Cowboys)The Cowboys other JT could become the first running forward to win the Dally M since Cronullas Gavin Miller in 1989.?Taumalolo wont be favourite, but he is a genuine smokey; he is arguably the NRLs most explosive and hard-running forward with mesmerising footwork and superhuman strength, and he has been at the top of his game this season.And it isnt just NRL fans who have taken notice, with the 23-year-old reportedly catching the eye of several NFL franchises; Taumalolo has already stated an interest in the possibility of becoming the next NRL star to try his luck in the USA.The Cowboys back-rower was a healthy $13 with UBET when voting went secret.Brett Kimmorley says:Who I think will win: Cooper CronkCooper Cronk has been the mastermind behind the Melbourne Storm this season. He has Cameron Smith there, too, but I think Cronk has led the team around brilliantly and been their main man in 2016.Who Id like to win: Josh HodgsonJosh Hodgson could become the first Englishman to win the Dally M and I would love to see him do it. He has been a sensation for the Raiders, and I think it would be a great thing to grow the game internationally.Other notablesRyan James (Titans)Andrew Fifita (Sharks)Michael Ennis (Sharks)Darius Boyd (Broncos)Ben Barba (Sharks) Wholesale China Jerseys . The visitors took a deserved lead in the 16th minute with midfielder Yohan Cabaye curling the ball beyond Adrian from inside the penalty area. Cheap Jerseys From China .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.wholesalejerseysfastshipping.com/ . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Wholesale Jerseys . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1. The New York Giants have signed veteran cornerback Leon Hall.The deal is for one year and worth up to $2 million, a source told ESPNs Adam Schefter. Hall, 31, visited the Giants for a second time Wednesday. They wanted another look at his back after his offseason surgery.Hall impressed during his workout, and was choosing between the Giants and the Cincinnati Bengals. Hall said the Bengals, who drafted him in 2007, also made an offer.You can do pros and cons to a lot of situations, but I think that, for me personally, a lot of times, I go off my guts and instincts, if you will, Hall said. That is kind of how I felt about [the Giants].The Giants play the Bengals on a Monday night at MetLife Stadium on Nov. 14.?One of my friends had texted me about a game in November, Hall said. Its definitely something Ill be looking forward to. Theres no doubt about that.Hall is expected to compete immediately as the Giants slot cornerback. Trevin Wade has been running with their first-team defense this summer at that position.But defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo may have bigger plans in mind.Hes a versatile guy, Spagnuolo said. Hes an experienced vet. I think he can bring some things to the package that we can do to make us do some multiple things that maybe we didnt have a chance to do until this point. So Im excited about it.The Bengals first-round pick in 2007, Hall has started 121 games.dddddddddddd Hes been used primarily as a slot cornerback the past few seasons.Spagnuolo said Hall will be used inside to begin with in the Giants defense.Injuries marred much of the latter years of Halls time in Cincinnati. He tore both of his Achilles tendons in separate incidents during the 2011 and 13 seasons. Although he returned remarkably strong after the first tear, he has been a little slower getting back to form since the second one. Neither Hall nor his Bengals coaches would say whether he had lost a step after the second injury, but his role was scaled back.Hall played strictly at the slot corner position in 2015 after splitting more time there and on the boundary at earlier times in his career. He had surgery on his back in January.The back is feeling good, which is a great feeling, he said. Ive kind of just been quietly going to work and rehabbing every day, working out. So Im feeling good. I like where Im at right now.Hall believes he can step right onto the field and practice. Hes been back at full strength since April or May.In a corresponding move, the Giants waived cornerback Tramain Jacobs.ESPN Bengals reporter Coley Harvey contributed to this report. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen