Image and video hosting by TinyPic

his home in Gatineau, Quebec, and separated the divorced father from his two daughters for far too long. When the recently fired

in Unsere Regeln 29.12.2018 02:39
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Before Alain Vigneault signed on for the job he said he couldnt turn down, the New York Rangers new coach got two important thumbs-up that led him to the Big Apple. Vigneaults hockey coaching jobs over the past decade have taken him far away from his home in Gatineau, Quebec, and separated the divorced father from his two daughters for far too long. When the recently fired coach of the Vancouver Canucks was faced with the decision of continuing his career with the Dallas Stars or the Rangers, he chose the place that is just a one-hour flight from his family. "I was thinking about the opportunity to coach the New York Rangers, one of the Original Six teams, in this great city," he said Friday at his introductory news conference. "There is not a chance I could pass that up." Vigneault was given a five-year contract about a month after he was dismissed by the Canucks and three weeks after New York fired combustible coach John Tortorella. Vigneault visited his daughters in Montreal and got a clear message from them where they wanted him to go. When he went into the apartment of his 20-year-old daughter, Janie, at college, he saw two mugs on the table -- one with a Rangers logo and the other with a Dallas Stars insignia. Then he received a much clearer signal. "They were sitting on the couch, and they both had Yankee hats on," Vigneault said. "So I said, I know where you want me to go. Ill see what I can do." Visits that had been limited to Christmas and maybe another time during the season can now increase to multiple times per month. "They both like to shop," he said. Vigneault let the Stars know he was taking himself out of the running to be their bench boss and worked out a deal with the Rangers -- one that will reportedly pay him $2 million per season. "I want to win," Vigneault said. "I did find out that it is a lot easier to negotiate yourself a contract when youve got two teams that are after you than just one." With that, he gave Glen Sather, the Rangers president and general manager a hearty pat on the back as those in the room broke out in laughter. "I didnt particularly enjoy that part," Sather said with a smile. Although he has yet to win the Stanley Cup, Vigneault brings a wealth of experience and success into his third NHL head coaching job. His most appealing attribute might be that he is so different than Tortorella -- on and off the ice. That was evident Friday when Vigneault was introduced at Radio City Music Hall. In the short window of time in which he met with media members, Vigneault smiled and joked more times than anyone could remember his predecessor doing in 4 1/2 seasons. The 52-year-old Vigneault brings a welcoming demeanour away from the rink and a more offensive philosophy on it -- in contrast with Tortorellas way of working in the defensive zone and putting a premium on blocking shots in front of star goalie Henrik Lundqvist. "We needed a change in style," Sather said. "You look at the injuries ... we needed to move the puck out quick. That style was perfect for a couple of years, but it started to wear our team out." Vigneault edged out former Rangers captain Mark Messier, longtime former Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff and others. In 11 seasons as an NHL head coach with Montreal and Vancouver, Vigneault is 422-288-35-61 in 806 games. "Im going into this with an open mind," Vigneault said. "I think (players) should be too. Im going in with a clean slate. Lets see what we can write on that slate." Vigneault was interviewed last week during the Rangers organizational meetings in California and then met with team owner James Dolan in New York. "We had a list of 13 candidates and I narrowed it down to nine," Sather said. "It wasnt just between A.V. and Mark." Vigneault and Sather will now work on filling out the coaching staff. It is unknown if Messier, a special assistant to Sather, will remain with the Rangers. Messier, a Hall of Fame player, lacks the coaching experience Vigneault is loaded with. "It was a difficult decision. Weve both grown up with each other," Sather said of passing on Messier. "At this stage, A.V. was the man. Mark has got to decide what he wants to do." Tortorella was fired May 29 -- four days after the Rangers were eliminated by Boston. A year ago, the Rangers reached the Eastern Conference finals. In an odd twist, Tortorella was reportedly offered the job on Friday to replace Vigneault in Vancouver. Sather insisted that no player came to him and asked for Tortorella to be fired. No players were in attendance Friday. "There hasnt been a player who ... complained to me about Torts," Sather said. When asked if Tortorella was stubborn in resisting adopting a more offensive style, Sather had a quick answer. "Maybe beyond stubborn," he said. "He was perfect for us for a few years. Hes going to be perfect for another team, but it was getting to be so hard on some of our players. "We needed to make a change to give them a little fresh life and more of an optimistic view of how to play." Vigneault ranked first on the Canucks list in coaching wins and came within one victory of capturing the Stanley Cup in 2011. In seven seasons, Vigneault was 313-170-57 in the regular season but only 33-32 in the playoffs. In his final two seasons, Vancouver was knocked out in the first round -- including a sweep by San Jose last month. The early-round exits when the Canucks were the higher-seeded team, and losses at home at the starts of the series, were cited by general manager Mike Gillis as reasons for Vigneaults firing on May 22. "There is no doubt in my mind that this organization is committed to winning the Stanley Cup," Vigneault said of the Rangers. Messier captained the Rangers past the Canucks in the 1994 Stanley Cup finals. Vancouver lost another Game 7 in the finals against Boston in 2011. "I saw some of the pictures from the last time this city won the Cup," Vigneault said. "Its real clear to me that there is no better place to win the Stanley Cup than here in New York." Air Max 98 Cheap .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. Air Max 98 Outlet . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. http://www.airmax98outlet.com/ .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. Air Max 98 Cheap China . The Canadian squad, skipped by Jennifer Jones of Winnipeg, got on the board first with two in the second end, and followed that with two more apiece in the fourth and sixth ends. Air Max 98 Outlet Online . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Corey Kluber threw 95 pitches over seven scoreless innings, but was removed with a cramping right calf.The Cleveland Indians bullpen couldnt hold the lead.Kluber scattered five hits and took the mound to begin the eighth with a 2-0 lead. But manager Terry Francona and trainer James Quinlan came from the dugout and pulled Kluber before he could throw a pitch.Jarrod Dyson hit a grand slam that capped a seven-run rally in the eighth and the Kansas City Royals took advantage after Klubers exit, topping the Indians 7-3 Monday night.Kluber was suffering from a right calf cramp with the temperature at 90 degrees and the heat index 99 at the start of the game.I dont think cramps are serious, but I dont know how hes going to push off the rubber, Francona said.Kluber acknowledged dehydration could have caused the cramping.It was definitely hot out there, Kluber said. The first couple of (warmup) pitches it kind of grabbed a little bit. I tried to push through. The last two or three pitches, I couldnt push off. I was just kind of dragging. I think I threw a couple to the backstop. I just tried to keep going.Obviously its frustrating. I guess its just one of those things that happens. I just tried to throw but it just got worse to the point where I had to come out.With Kluber out, the Royals roughed up relievers Bryan Shaw and Jeff Manship. Alcides Escobar and Eric Hosmer began the eighth with singles and both scored on Christian Colons pinch-hit double.Colon hit for Kendrys Morales, who had fouled a pitch off his right foot. X-rays were negative, detecting only a bruise. Colon squared around to bunt on the first two pitches, both balls. Colon then drove the next pitch to deep center tying it at 2.With two outs, Shaw (1-4) walked Alex Gordon and Cheslor Cuthbert. Manship was summoned to face Paulo Orlando, who hit a go-ahead single. Whit Merrifield walked to load the bases before Dyson cleared them with his first career grand slam and his first home run of the season.I let the whole team down, Manship said. I let Corey down, Brian down, giving up his runs.dddddddddddd That stinks, for sure. I definitely feel sick to my stomach for how that went.Kluber, tagged by the Royals for eight runs in five innings on June 15 at Kauffman Stadium, struck out eight and walked three in shutting them down. He has allowed two or fewer runs in four of his past five starts.Francisco Lindor, who is hitting .439 with three home runs against the Royals this season, homered off Edinson Volquez in the first inning.Luke Hochevar (2-2) worked a scoreless eighth to pick up the victory. After Chris Young gave up a run on two hits and a walk in the ninth, Wade Davis was called to get the final out, logging his 20th save in 22 chances.ROYAL CLAIM TEPESCHThe Royals claimed RHP Nick Tepesch, a Kansas City native and a Missouri alum, off waivers from Oakland and optioned him to Triple-A Omaha. The Royals are his fourth organization this year. The other two are Texas and Los Angeles, making one big league start for the Dodgers. He is 8-3 with a 3.96 in 17 minor league starts this year.TRAINERS ROOMIndians: C Yan Gomez was placed on the disabled list with a right shoulder separation and is expected to be out six to eight weeks. C Roberto Perez, who has right thumb surgery in May, came off the DL and started. ... RHP Zach McAllister (right hip discomfort) made a rehab appearance Monday for Triple-A Columbus, allowing one hit and no runs in one inning against Louisville.Royals: RHP Kris Medlen (rotator cuff inflammation) was transferred to the 60-day DL. ... OF Lorenzo Cain (strained left hamstring) took fly balls in right field in pregame drills. Hes much better today than he was yesterday, but still not quite there, Yost said.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Danny Salazar, who tops the American League with a 2.75 ERA, will start the middle game of the series.Royals: LHP Brian Flynn makes his first start since Aug. 7, 2014, while with the Marlins. He is 1-0 with a 2.39 ERA in 13 relief appearances. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen