Image and video hosting by TinyPic

a career-high ranking of 40 in October.Daniel Evans, 26, has also improved this year, reaching a career-high No. 53, and held ma

in Unsere Regeln 02.01.2019 06:16
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

LONDON -- He may have just been officially crowned world No. 1 for the first time in his career but it was business as usual for Andy Murray.I dont feel any different this week than I did the week before when I get up in the morning and stuff, he said at a news conference ahead of the World Tour Finals.Maybe when you step on court, you have a little more confidence, feel a little better about yourself when youre hitting balls and getting ready for the tournament.He spoke to his coach, Ivan Lendl, on the phone Saturday night in Paris, after Milos Raonics withdrawal from their semifinal confirmed he would finally overtake Novak Djokovic at the top of the rankings.[Lendl] congratulated me on getting to No. 1, said Murray.We started talking about the final the next day, what we were gonna do to prepare for this event. We didnt chat too long about the last few months. He had watched quite a few of my matches but when we got here it was back to work.There are things to improve and get better at. I like that. Its good. I dont need to be discussing the last few months -- I need to keep getting better. Thats what Ive always done when weve been working together.That determination to keep striving for the top is what drove Murray on to wipe out a deficit of more than 8,000 points and overhaul Djokovic at th etop of the rankings.It was another golden moment in a career which has seen him win the US Open, two Wimbledon titles, two Olympic gold medals and the Davis Cup.But the Scots achievements over the past five years have posed an uncomfortable question to British tennis -- where is the next Andy Murray coming from?When Im done playing, and my brother [Jamie] is finished playing, I hope that its good and its positive and that British tennis is in a better place than when we started, he said, before warning: I dont know if thats the case just now.Murray has previously hailed Kyle Edmund as the future of the mens game in Britain, and the 21-year-old reached a career-high ranking of 40 in October.Daniel Evans, 26, has also improved this year, reaching a career-high No. 53, and held match point against eventual champion Stan Wawrinka in the US Open third round.In the womens game, Johanna Konta has continued her steady progress and narrowly missed out on a place at the season-ending WTA finals in Singapore.But it is the apparent absence of a next generation -- and a seeming lack of knowledge of how to create one -- that is worrying for British tennis.I dont think you can create world No. 1s, said Murray. Its a really hard thing to achieve. Even with the best plans and structure in place, you dont guarantee youll get someone to win a Grand Slam or get to No. 1.Murray would certainly know, given the personal sacrifices he made to get to the top of the game. He left his family behind in Britain to train in Spain at the age of 15, where he says he went from practising four hours a week to more than that amount every day.He has kept that work ethic his whole career, and it finally drove him to top spot in the rankings at the age of 29 -- he is the oldest first-time No. 1 since John Newcombe (30) in 1974.Its not just about me. A lot of people involved in British tennis are responsible, said Murray, when asked about the legacy he will leave behind.Having consistent leadership and a consistent, clear plan for longer than three or four years at a time would certainly help. Since Ive been old enough to understand, thats whats happened -- there have always been new people coming after a few years, and change from whats been happening.Michael Downey joined the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) as chief executive in January 2014, succeeding Roger Draper in the role, who in turn had replaced John Crowther in 2006.There has been upheaval in other positions too, during Murrays professional career, with David Felgate sacked from his post as performance director in 2006, and his successor Jeremy Bates leaving the role less than a year later.Most recently, Bob Brett was appointed to the position in early 2014 but resigned in July 2015.You never find out whether somethings working or not, Murray continued Friday. It takes longer than a few years to change a system. Hopefully we can get some continuity. That would help.Change happens all the time, every few years. Whoever is leading, they leave, someone else comes in and does something completely different. Its difficult to leave a legacy in three or four years.Changing so often is not good. Its counterproductive. I just hope that whatever structures are in place just now are positive, that they work.Downey was on the receiving end of criticism from Murray and the Scots Davis Cup teammates last December after they ended Britains 79-year wait for the title; Murray had said he didnt want to waste my time talking to the LTA about the state of British tennis.The LTA have also previously been criticised for failing to capitalise on Murrays first Wimbledon triumph in 2013, with participation falling in the months following.Downey had also come under fire for closing down the National Tennis Centre (NTC) in Roehampton, London, as an elite training base, with the best British players below the ATP and WTA Tour level now based at leading local centres. Cheap Football Jerseys China . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. Cheap Jerseys From China . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period. http://www.jerseysnflwholesalechina.us/ .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. Soccer Jerseys China . The 19-year-old Olsen played 34 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL this season. In that time, hes recorded 17 goals and 17 assists with 36 penalty minutes. NFL Jerseys Outlet . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. TORONTO -- Clevelands franchise-record 14-game winning streak was stopped by a big day for Torontos sluggers and a contentious replay call.Initially called out at home during Torontos three-run eighth inning, Ezequiel Carrera was ruled safe after a replay review, and the Blue Jays beat the Indians 9-6 on Saturday despite a cycle by Rajai Davis.Indians manager Terry Francona said he was shocked the call on Carrera was overturned.They keep telling us it has to be conclusive, Francona said. I will look forward to an explanation that I understand. As of now, from what Ive seen, I dont know how they did that.Toronto star Josh Donaldson hit a tying solo shot off Dan Otero in the seventh, and then made it 7-6 with an RBI single in the eighth. Michael Saunders added a two-run double, and Roberto Osuna pitched the ninth for his 16th save.They were fortunate enough to throw the last punch and that was the outcome of the game, Cleveland reliever Tommy Hunter said.Edwin Encarnacion and Troy Tulowitzki also homered for Toronto, which lost 2-1 in 19 innings on Friday, matching the longest game in Blue Jays history. Jason Grilli (2-2) pitched one inning for the win.Davis became the eighth player in Cleveland history to hit for the cycle. He led off the game with a homer, tripled home a run in the third, doubled and scored in the seventh and singled in the ninth.That was very impressive, Francona said. Hes been such a spark for us in so many ways.Carlos Santana also homered for Cleveland, which lost for the first time since a 9-4 defeat at Kansas City on June 15. It had won eight straight on the road.Carrera drew a one-out walk off Otero (2-1) in the eighth and went to second on a base hit by Devon Travis. Hunter came on to face Donaldson, who hit a single into shallow center.Carrera had to hold up to make sure the ball dropped, and was called out by home plate umpire D.J. Reyburn. Toronto challenged the call and Carrera was ruled safe after the review.I definitely thought I had him in the leg, Indians catcher Chris Gimenez said. TThe explanation they gave us was his arm got in there before I tagged him.dddddddddddd I dont necessarily think that was the case.Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said his team caught a break by getting the call overturned.We liked what we saw but you never know for sure, Gibbons said.Battling a sore back, Blue Jays starter Marco Estrada allowed three runs and five hits in five innings, failing to extend his major league-record stretch of 12 starts of six innings pitched with no more than five hits allowed.I dont know if I can do this again, Estrada said. If it hurts as much as it did today, Im probably going to have to watch the next game.Cleveland, which used Saturdays scheduled starter Trevor Bauer for the final five innings Friday, recalled left-hander Shawn Morimando from Double-A Akron and designated utilityman Michael Martinez for assignment. Morimando then worked 3 2/3 innings in relief, allowing two runs and six hits.JOYLESS SIXCleveland lost for the third time in 33 games when scoring at least six runs.BEEN A WHILEThe last player to hit for the cycle against Toronto was Hall of Famer George Brett, who did it on July 25, 1990.TRAINERS ROOMIndians: 3B Juan Uribe left after being hit on the right hand in the sixth. Uribe got an RBI when he was hit by Joe Biagini with the bases loaded. Francona said X-rays were negative but said Uribe may have lost a fingernail. Francisco Lindor came on to play shortstop in the seventh and Jose Ramirez moved to third.Blue Jays: INF Ryan Goins, one of two position players to pitch for Toronto on Friday, was placed on the 15-day DL with a sore right forearm.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Corey Kluber (8-7, 3.50 ERA) pitches on Sunday. He has won back-to-back starts, allowing two runs and six hits in 17 innings.Blue Jays: LHP J.A. Happ (10-3, 3.70 ERA) gets the ball on Sunday. He is 2-1 with a 3.38 ERA in five career games against the Indians, including four starts. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen