Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wayne Gretzky became the NHLs all-time goal scoring leader on March 23, 1994 when he scored his 802nd career goal for the Los An

in
Über uns
11.01.2019 06:13
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

Wayne Gretzky became the NHLs all-time goal scoring leader on March 23, 1994 when he scored his 802nd career goal for the Los Angeles Kings against the Vancouver Canucks. Air Jordan 4 Canada Outlet . With the 20th anniversary of that record-breaking night coming up, Gretzky sat down with Ray Ferraro on the NHL on TSN to discuss his memories of the event and talk about how he is enjoying his life nowadays at the age of 53. Ferraro asked Gretzky how he remembered the goal that broke Gordie Howes record, and the former King gave credit to long-time teammate Marty McSorley. "Marty was a little bit better of a player then people really give him credit for - he had pretty good vision," explained Gretzky. "Marty was a pretty good playmaker and I was probably in more shock than anybody that that puck ended up on my stick. He made such a good play that he basically took a defenceman and the goaltender out of the play to ultimately leave me the empty net. "So he made the whole goal happen and I just happened to be in the right spot." The fanfare that followed goal number 802 was a special moment, even among the many NHL records that Gretzky broke during his stellar career. "I really savoured the moment, I really took it all in - as far as my family being there and my friends being there," said Gretzky. "It was an historic day for me, it was a nice event. "As a child everybody knows Gordie was my idol and I was fortunate enough to be friends with Gordie and to have that opportunity to break his record...obviously I played with a lot of great players." Switching from the past to the present, Ferraro asked Gretzky if the competitive fire that drove him through his hockey life still burns the same way today. "Im really not competitive now," answered Gretzky. "When I play golf with friends or family I just enjoy playing. I always felt like my whole life and everything I have in my life is because of hockey and I gave every ounce and all my energy to being the best I could be. I was very competitive when I played, and for that matter very competitive when I ran Team Canada and then the involvement with the Coyotes. "But to me now, that winning is sort of behind me now. My life is more of...okay, Im going to enjoy my life, enjoy my friends, enjoy my family, and if I have a good round of golf Im happy and if I have a bad round of golf Im thrilled." Ferraro took the opportunity to ask Gretzky if he would one day entertain a return to a job in the National Hockey League. "Listen, never is a long time but right now Im really enjoying my life what Im doing," explained Gretzky. "The stress and pressure of having to win and compete every night, its sort of, Im enjoying being a fan. I love the game, I love the players that are in the game today, I enjoy it, I sit back, I enjoy going to games here and there. "Right now I dont know. If something wonderful came along obviously Id be all ears, but at this point in time Im just a fan." Cheap Air Jordan 4 Online . -- The Minnesota Twins have granted relief pitcher Matt Guerrier his unconditional release, making the 35-year-old right-hander a free agent. Wholesale Air Jordan 4 . The win puts Arsenal four points clear of Everton in fourth place with two games to play in the Premier League, a position which would qualify the club for Europes top competition for the 17th straight year. http://www.cheapairjordan4canada.com/ . He was attracted by the punishing defence, the strong running game and a coaching staff he trusted. The 49ers announced Thursday that Manningham had signed a two-year deal to join the team he helped knock out in the NFC championship game two months ago in their latest offensive upgrade at wide receiver.(SportsNetwork.com) - Maybe you cant do epic you know what with basic people but you can sure spoil things with some average folks. The enigmatic DeSean Jackson proved that on Saturday when he played a rather large role in helping to torpedo his former teams season, catching four balls for 126 yards, including a pair of trademarked over-the-top strikes on embattled Philadelphia cornerback Bradley Fletcher, during Washingtons 27-24 upset win over the sinking Eagles. They going home. Tell them goodnight. Bye bye, a gleeful Jackson boasted after the game. Technically thats not true but it might as well be as Philadelphia needs to win its Week 17 game in North Jersey against the New York Giants and hope Dallas loses its final two games, starting with Sundays matchup against Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts. Jackson, a three-time Pro Bowl selection in Philadelphia, was unceremoniously dumped in the offseason in a curious move, considering he was coming off his best campaign of 82 receptions for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns in his first year under the offensive genius of Chip Kelly. On paper, Jackson seemed like a perfect fit for Kellys innovative offensive mind, a versatile player who lined up all over the field and served as the ultimate home-run hitter. Jackson, though, is a complainer and his personality, to be kind, can be grating at times. He is always upset with something whether its money, touches or coaching and Jackson is no shrinking violet when it comes to discussing it, often taking to social media to voice his displeasure like when he buried his current quarterback in an epic fashion on Instagram. In Philadelphia. Jackson butted heads with Kelly on more than one occasion, wasnt exactly Jerry Rice when it came to his work ethic, and did keep some spotty off-the-field company, which all contributed to the toxic cocktail that sent the California product from the City of Brotherly Love to the Beltway. It got so ugly that some in Jacksons camp (and me for that matter) believe the Eagles were behind the widely-circulated rumors that played up the Jacksons ties to gang-related activity. So its certainly no surprise the home-run threat took a special interest in sinking Kellys season, giving an impassioned speech to the Skins before the gamme and then hauling in two passes of over 50 yards, the kind of pop-the-top, field stretcher the Eagles are desperately missing now that Jackson moved south on I-95. Cheap Air Jordan 4 Free Shipping. You try to get some help over the top in certain coverages and get matched up with them, Kelly said. We felt like our corners could stay with them and obviously they didnt. By them Kelly meant Jackson. The physical Pierre Garcon did break a Cary Williams tackle that helped set up Kai Forbaths 26-yard game-winning field goal, but no one was considering rolling a safety over the top on his side. Thats how they play, Jackson replied when asking about Philadelphias defensive plan to leave Fletcher on an island. Theyre very naive and they play how they play. They could care less who is out there or who is at wide receiver, theyre going to play their defense the way they play it. Its fair to say Eagles defensive coordinator Bill Davis game plan outside the numbers left a lot to be desired especially after he watched the Cowboys Dez Bryant do the same kinds of things to Fletcher six days earlier. And when Davis did finally roll a safety toward Jackson late, the result was Robert Griffin III forcing the football and a Nate Allen interception, a turnover that helped the Eagles deadlock the game in the fourth quarter. Thats the Philadelphia Eagle defense, Jackson said. Ive been there a lot of years and witnessed a lot of players -- wide receivers, tight ends -- get off on some huge games on them, and Im just happy to be on this side and be able to send them home with a loss. The Redskins are only 4-11 season and Jackson remains an immature, knucklehead at times, but he has recorded seven receptions of 50-plus yards this season and has 29 such catches since entering the league in 2008, the most in the NFL over that span. Thats production you cant replace and talent wins out more than not in the NFL, something Kelly learned the hard way on Saturday. Thats a question you have to ask them, Jackson said when asked if the Eagles regret their decision. As far as my ex-teammates, I think a lot of the guys miss me. Im happy to be here in Washington. Things didnt go the way we wanted it go this year, but at the end of the day, weve got a job to do, which is to finish strong. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen