Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ww.cheapfootballjerseys.info/]Football Jerseys Outle

in
Über uns
11.01.2019 11:40
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Less than two weeks after being designated for assignment by the Houston Astros, Carlos Gomez will have the opportunity to be a starting outfielder with the AL West-leading Texas Rangers.Texas manager Jeff Banister told reporters Sunday that Gomez will be the Rangers left fielder once he is brought up from the minor leagues.The 30-year-old outfielder, who signed a minor league deal with the Rangers on Saturday, said he expects to play three or four games with Round Rock before being added to the major league roster.The plan is to play about three games in Triple-A and take advantage of that opportunity because I have been out for 10 days, Gomez said. I really dont think [the time off] is going to affect me, because I have worked out and practiced every day, but live pitching is different. So I am going to play a few games in Triple A to get back into the swing of things, that way when I go up to a team that is in first place I can have a positive impact.Gomez, who reported to Triple-A Round Rock on Sunday, told ESPN.com that he evaluated offers from several teams, including the Miami Marlins, but opted for the Rangers due to their position as divisional leaders, the opportunity to get regular playing time, and his familiarity with the league and division.This is an amazing opportunity for me to go to a team that is in first place in the division and headed to the playoffs, Gomez said in a phone conversation Saturday night. I had a few offers from other teams, but I chose the Rangers because I believe it is the team where I can feel most comfortable and develop better since I will be staying in the same division. Even though I did not do my job with the Astros, I know the league and the division well.The Rangers are a team that seem to have great harmony and their playing style is similar to mine, but the first thing for me was that they are in first place and have players like Adrian Beltre, Carlos Beltran, Elvis Andrus, Ian Desmond; thats pretty special. Its inspiring. I am going to be on a winning team.Gomez gave credit to Beltran for the Rangers giving him a chance after hitting .210 with five home runs and 29 RBIs in 85 games before being released by Houston. Gomez was brought up in the New York Mets organization, where he met the Puerto Rican outfielder in 2005; they were teammates during the 2007 season.Carlos Beltran has been like a father to me; he has always being very supportive of my career, Gomez said. When a player like Carlos Beltran speaks on your behalf then I think he believes in that person because I dont think he would put his reputation on the line if someone is not worth it.The fact that he even gave his opinion [to the Rangers] about me means a lot, he added. We are talking about someone who has been a very important person in my career and is a future Hall of Famer. When someone who has had an 18-year career at that level speaks, people listen; his opinion matters. Wholesale Cheap Jordan 11 . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. Air Jordan 11 Wholesale . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. http://www.airjordan11wholesale.com/ . Team physician Dr. Steve Traina performed the surgery Friday. Robinson was injured in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket during the first quarter of Wednesday nights loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. Jordan 11 Wholesale Free Shipping .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. Cheap Air Jordan 11 From China .R. Smith realized how easily basketball can be taken from him, and he wasnt going to take his place in the NBA for granted anymore. For the past four years, U.S. BMX racer Alise Post has stared at the Olympic silver medal that hangs in the trophy room she shares with her fiancé, Sam Willoughby. It has inspired her. It has motivated her. Thing is, it doesnt belong to her.Ive looked at that medal every day, Post, 25, said of Willoughbys silver medal in BMX racing from the London Olympics, where he represented his home country of Australia. I wanted one of my own.Friday afternoon, Post got her silver medal, in the best finish by an American woman in Olympic BMX history. I was going for a gold medal today, and I was in contention, Post said after the medal ceremony. But Im not disappointed. Im proud of myself and my effort. BMX is so hard. One 30-second lap can dictate a lifetime of hard work. Today I got across the line and realized, Wow, thats over and I have an Olympic medal. That means a lot. Wearing this heavy thing is amazing.Before leaving for the track Friday morning, Post wrote in her journal that no matter what happened on the track, she felt like she had already won. She had made it to Rio with the help of so many people, from coaches and doctors to friends, family and Sam. Im proud of everybody whos helped me, all the people back home, she said. I know theyre proud. I won before I got here.In London, Post crashed in her final semifinal race and had to be helped off the track. Later that day, she watched as Willoughby, an Olympic rookie at the time, took silver and celebrated with his teammates. This time around, it was Willoughby who watched before the gate dropped on the mens final as Post matched his London finish.I think I had a bigger heart attack watching Sam race than I did racing my own, Post said.dddddddddddd Willoughby and Post plan to marry in April next year.Despite winning all three of his semifinal races, Willoughby finished a disappointing seventh.It was the opposite ending as last time, Post said. I was so proud of him then. And today he told me he was very proud of me and to enjoy my success. Of course, I wanted him to get a medal. But he gave a gold-medal effort.In a sport where consistency is all but nonexistent, defending Olympic gold-medalist Mariana Pajon of Colombia won all three of her heat races, and her second straight gold medal with a win in the final. Post was hot on her heels and waiting to capitalize if Pajon made a mistake, but that window never opened. It was an unbelievable performance and one celebrated by a huge contingent of Colombians in the stands.This is better than anything, Pajon said. Its so beautiful. Already to win two golds is crazy. I felt like I was at home with so many Colombian fans. It filled me with energy.Draped in an American flag in the finish area, Post couldnt fight back the tears, at first for herself and then for Willoughby and all she had been through in the past eight years. As she does at every race, Post competed with the words Cheryl strong written on the front hub of her bike in memory of her mother, Cheryl, who died in January of 2014. In Rio, her helmet design included ribbons and a rose, her moms favorite flower and Posts middle name.I know shes proud of me, Post said. I had her with me all day, too. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen