Image and video hosting by TinyPic

distant memory for the Carolina Panthers.The brash team that celebrated 17 wins last season by posing for pictures while dabbin

in Unsere Regeln 23.01.2019 14:38
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Super Bowl is beginning to seem like a distant memory for the Carolina Panthers.The brash team that celebrated 17 wins last season by posing for pictures while dabbing on the sideline suddenly doesnt have much to celebrate.The defending NFC champions are in danger of not making the postseason coming off a 17-2 season. The Panthers (1-4) turned the ball over four more times and had several costly penalties in a 17-14 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, leaving the three-time defending NFC South champs three games behind the Atlanta Falcons in the division.History suggests the Panthers only have a six percent chance of making the postseason.Since the NFL went to a 12-team playoff format in 1990, only eight of 128 teams that started 1-4 have advanced to the postseason. Houston and Kansas City accomplished that feat last year.All of that doesnt seem to faze the Panthers eternally optimistic coach Ron Rivera.In spite of the fact that some people want to go ahead and give the division to somebody already with 11 games left to play, Rivera said Tuesday. We will wait and see and play them one at a time and thats the way were going to look at it. Were not going to worry about what happened last year. Its a different football team and a different season.Rivera expressed some optimism regarding the status of reigning league MVP Cam Newton, who sat out against the Buccaneers with a concussion.While Newton remains in the leagues concussion protocol, Rivera said the sixth-year quarterback had a good day of workouts on Monday.He worked out with our training staff. He ran. He threw the ball, Rivera said Tuesday. We had one of our young guys with him, and he was running routes for him. He lifted.However, Rivera stopped short of saying whether Newton would practice Wednesday or be ready for Sundays game at New Orleans. The Panthers have a bye the following week, so its conceivable they could hold him out to give him two more weeks to rest.My understanding is when they do all that its `How is he the next day? Rivera said. I havent had a chance to visit on that yet.Players had the day off Tuesday.One of the biggest issues for the Panthers this season is turnovers. Theyve committed an NFL-high 14 through five games after turning the ball over only 19 times all of last season. Derek Anderson, who filled in for Newton on Monday night, had three turnovers including a costly fourth quarter interception on a first-and-goal at the Tampa Bay 2.Its been kind of the story of our losses this year -- missed opportunities, self-inflicted wounds and obviously turnovers are big, Panthers tight end Greg Olsen said after the game.Olsen said some of the breaks the Panthers got last year are simply going the other way.What happened the year before has nothing to do with this year, Olsen said. Weve been saying that since the day after the Super Bowl. Thats just the reality of it. Its unfortunate we had to learn it by being 1-4, but thats the way this league goes. Youre not promised anything in this league. No ones going to roll over because of what youve done in the past. Youve got to earn everything and right now were not earning anything.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Pat Elflein Jersey . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. Randy Moss Jersey . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. http://www.vikingsauthenticshop.com/Vikings-Cris-Carter-Draft-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Kendall Wright Jersey .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. Latavius Murray Jersey .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Salvador Perez picked a perfect time for his first pickoff of the season.The star catcher homered, then helped protect the lead by trapping Kyle Seager off first base in the eighth inning to lead the Kansas City Royals over the Seattle Mariners 5-3 Saturday.Perez hit a solo home run off the foul pole in the seventh that gave the Royals a two-run lead. Moments later, the World Series MVP made the defensive play of the game.With runners at the corners and one out, Perez threw down to first baseman Eric Hosmer for his 18th career pickoff.That was Hosmer, Perez said He gives me a sign and I throw the ball right to him. I think he knows more than me.In turn, Hosmer credited the catcher.Thats all him, Hosmer said. Just knowing hes behind the plate youve got to stay close to the bag at all times because hes so quick back there.The pitch takes him that way and he just throws it right back over there, just an unbelievable play and thats why Salvys the best. He changes the game, just completely took all the momentum away from them right there. First and third with one of their big hitters up, it was a huge play.Even Seager had to compliment Perez.You cant get picked off in that situation, but hes pretty special back there. But, I obviously got off too far.Edinson Volquez (8-8) gave up three runs and six hits in six innings.Kelvin Herrera pitched a perfect ninth for his first save since April 10, 2013.Wade Miley (6-6) gave up 10 hits. He left affter Cheslor Cuthberts RBI single made it 4-3 in the sixth.dddddddddddd.Cuthbert also doubled and finished with two RBI.Seager hit his 18th homer, tying it at 3 in the fourth. Nelson Cruz added two hits for Seattle.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals: LHP Jason Vargas threw a simulated game and manager Ned Yost was encouraged by the progress he showed. Looked good, really good, he said. Three pitches, good changeup, fastball with life. Good breaking ball, good first step. Yost anticipates Vargas could make a return in September.ROSTER MOVEThe Cleveland Indians claimed LHP Tyler Olson off waivers from the Royals and will be sent to Triple-A Columbus. Olson was designated for assignment by the Royals on July 5.UP NEXTIn Sundays finale, former Royals draftee LHP Mike Montgomery (2-3) will get the start for the Mariners against RHP Dillion Gee (3-2). Montgomery was selected in the first round in 2008 and was part of the December 2012 trade with Tampa Bay that brought pitchers Wade Davis and James Shields to Kansas City. Probably cool for Mike, Mariners manager Scott Servais said. I know he was drafted by the Royals, was a high prospect there. The anxiety of going back and pitching against your friends, your teammates, your former teammates, but hes been away long enough now, I hope that its kind of gone away and Im sure hell give us a good effort. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen