Image and video hosting by TinyPic

eivers today.KEY NUMBERSWake Fore

in
Über uns
04.05.2018 15:09
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Anthony Ervin finally has an Olympic gold medal to replace the one he sold 16 years ago.The 35-year-old American won the mens 50-meter freestyle at the Rio Games on Friday, capping a night of upsets in the pool.Ervin improbably touched first in 21.40 seconds -- a hundredth of a second ahead of defending champion Florent Manaudou of France. Teammate and former training partner Nathan Adrian claimed bronze.Its surreal, kind of absurd, Ervin said. When I touched and turned around and saw the `1 next to my name, I kind of smiled and laughed.Katie Ledecky, his 19-year-old teammate and multiple gold medalist, marveled at Ervins feat.Wow, who does that, winning 16 years apart? she said. Thats like me winning gold in London and then not winning an individual gold medal until 2028. Hes taken such a leadership role and it definitely rubs off on everybody.It didnt come easily.At the 2000 Sydney Games, Ervin tied teammate Gary Hall Jr. for gold in the 50 free, making him one of the sports rising stars. But he stunningly walked away in 2003, burned out on swimming and seeking to find a deeper meaning to life. He auctioned off his gold medal for $17,100 and donated the proceeds to help victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Ervin readily admitted he lost his silver from the 400 free relay in Sydney.Ervin returned to make the American team in 2012, but finished fifth in the 50.Hed fallen in love with the sport again, thriving on the love of family, friends and teammates, who at times over the years since Sydney had no idea where he was in the world. Ervin broke away from the winners stroll on deck to share wild hugs with his brother and his ride or die friends, the bam-bam fam.If Ive achieved anything great, its because I was upon their shoulders and they lifted me up, he said.Ervin is easily identifiable in the splash-and-dash race by his sleeve of tattoos on each churning arm. He turns interviews into a discussion on everything from philosophy to Biblical parables. Earlier this year, he detailed his lifes adventures, including drugs and sex, in a book called Chasing Water: Elegy of an Olympian.This is a guy who lists rock star as his future professional aspiration in his USA Swimming biography.Ervin revealed a surprise after his win: he became a father during the U.S. trials last month. He had planned on attending his daughters birth, but he was still at the meet and then got caught up in Olympic preparations.Oh man, its like a thunderbolt, he said, declining to reveal her name. I havent had a chance to meet her yet and I tried to send a message to her after my race.After leaving the sport in 2003, Ervin spent eight years working odd jobs, moved from California to New York and then back again, and finished his college degree at California. In Berkeley, Ervin was coaching young kids at the pool when he rediscovered his love of the sport that remains to this day.Unlike many swimmers who focus on getting their hand on the wall first, Ervin favors an intellectual approach.You just think about trying to swim the race that you imagine you can do, he said. Maybe it starts as a dream and then its a plan. You plan to do something and you start testing that plan. I dont think my age should limit me and I dont think fear of defeat should limit me either.The gold medal hung around Ervins neck, seemingly more comfortably than it did in Sydney, when he was 19 and restless.Im keeping it for now, he said. Who knows what the future holds? Nike Roshe Two Mens .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. Nike Roshe Black And White . Pettersen, winner of last years Evian Championships, had nine birdies and three bogeys, holding off a series of challengers led by Marion Ricordeau of France. The second-ranked Norwegian made her season debut after missing the LPGA Tours opening event last month in the Bahamas because of a shoulder injury. http://www.nikeroshesalecheap.com/cheap-nike-roshe-one.html . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Nike Roshe One Print US .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. Nike Roshe Two Cheap . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Victories at Wake Forest in recent years have been few and -- for the offense, anyway -- forgettable.The Demon Deacons started the season with another one of those on Thursday night.Kendall Hinton ran for a short early touchdown and Wake Forest overcame some offensive struggles and held on for a season-opening 7-3 victory over Tulane.It brought to mind that 6-3, double overtime victory over Virginia Tech in 2014. Or the 3-0 win at Boston College last year.The result is, it looks a lot like the other games weve won here, Wake Forest coach Dave Clawson said. Were 1-0, were excited, theres a lot to teach off of, but clearly, we have to be a lot more productive on offense. That was certainly the disappointment of the night. But again, Id rather be coaching those mistakes after being 1-0.Nothing came easy for the Demon Deacons (1-0) against a Tulane team playing its first game under new coach Willie Fritz and breaking in his run-heavy offense that produced the Bowl Subdivisions top rushing team in each of his two seasons at Georgia Southern.Wake Forest managed just 175 total yards -- 59 yards and three first downs in the second half -- yet won a matchup of teams coming off consecutive 3-9 seasons.Obviously, on offense, we werent as productive as we need to be, Clawson said.Tulane (0-1) finished with 280 total yards for the game and held a nearly 10-minute advantage in time of possession.The defense was phenomenal, man, quarterback Glen Cuiellette said. They kept us in the game.The only touchdown came on Hintons 1-yard run on the third play of the second quarter.Andrew DiRocco capped Tulanes opening drive with a 41-yard field goal, but had a 43-yarder blocked early in the fourth quarter. That loomed large late because Tulane came up empty on its final two possessions: The Green Wave were stopped inside the Wake Forest red zone with 4:22 left, and got the ball back before Julian Jones stripped Cuiellette on fourth down near midfield with 50 seconds left.TAKEAWAYSTULANE: The Green Wave rode their new option game as hard as expected and out of a range of formations, including out of an I in the shotgun. Tulane had 47 carries to 23 pass attempts, with none of the four running backs in the rotation carrrying it more than seven times, while Cuiellette added 54 yards rushing in his first college start at QB.ddddddddddddI felt comfortable -- honestly, people were texting me, calling me, `Are you nervous, are you good? My mom was like, `Are you OK? Cuiellette said. Overall, I felt fine. I wasnt really nervous. I was just ready to just play and show people what I could do because its been so long. I was just ready to lead these guys.WAKE FOREST: Its only one game, but there are already some huge questions about the offense. To put the Demon Deacons yardage numbers in perspective, they averaged 216.3 yards in 2014 -- when they ranked last in the Bowl Subdivision in total offense. The leading passer -- John Wolford -- was 9 of 17 for just 79 yards, while the leading rusher -- Hinton, his backup -- managed just 24 yards.Its going to be worth watching how Clawson handles his quarterbacks the rest of the year. Wolford started but both he and Hinton played, just as Clawson said they would, with the pocket-passing Wolford even lining up at receiver once while Hinton took the snap. But little seemed to work.They were playing a lot of man coverage and a lot of blitz, and when you do that, youve got to make plays on the outside, Clawson said. I think were really improved at receiver, but we didnt make those plays today. ... (Tulane) won the one-on-ones against our receivers today.KEY NUMBERSWake Forest ran just 26 plays in the second half -- and two of those were kneels by Wolford to end the game. ... The Demon Deacons didnt have a play cover more than 16 yards -- a pass by Wolford to Matt Colburn in the first quarter.UP NEXTTULANE: The Green Wave return home to take on Southern, a Championship Subdivision school from just up Interstate 10 in Baton Rouge.WAKE FOREST: The Demon Deacons jump into Atlantic Coast Conference play when they visit instate rival Duke, which they havent beaten since 2011, in their league opener.---Follow Joedy McCreary at http://twitter.com/joedyap. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/joedy-mccreary---AP college football site: http://collegefootball.ap.org Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 China Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen