Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Since the moment Giancarlo Stanton took hi

in
Über uns
08.05.2018 15:07
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Major League Baseball is telling managers to cool it on arguing balls and strikes, and warning them not to rely on replay help to bolster their beefs.MLB executive Joe Torre sent a memo Friday to managers, general managers and assistant general managers that said: This highly inappropriate conduct is detrimental to the game and must stop immediately.The memo was obtained Saturday by The Associated Press.Im still going to react to what I see in front of me, Detroit Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said Saturday night.Torre, a Hall of Fame manager and former NL MVP, said skippers are increasingly relying on technology from the clubhouse or video room to argue from the dugout. Every pitch and play is monitored by teams in case they want to challenge for a replay review.He called that an express violation of the Replay Regulations, which state that `on-field personnel in the dugout may not discuss any issue with individuals in their video review room using the dugout phone other than whether to challenge a play subject to video replay review.Although disagreements over ball and strike calls are natural, the prevalence of manager ejections simply cannot continue, Torre wrote. This conduct not only delays the game, but it also has the propensity to undermine the integrity of the umpires on the field.Ausmus was ejected for arguing balls and strikes and covered home plate with a sweat shirt earlier this season, and Boston manager John Farrell was tossed during an animated dispute alongside Red Sox slugger David Ortiz.Earlier this month, Cubs manager Joe Maddon was ejected while arguing from the dugout.On Friday night, Oakland manager Bob Melvin and San Francisco skipper Bruce Bochy got tossed for arguing balls and strikes along with players on their respective teams. Cincinnati manager Bryan Price was ejected Saturday on a dispute about a foul ball.Torre concluded by advising that any manager or coach ejected for arguing balls and strikes hereafter will be disciplined, including at least a fine.Joes the boss, so I guess wed better cool it, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Theres just some days you cant stand over there and not say something. Theyre always making additions, and I get speeding the game up and sometimes that sort of thing slows it down, so itll take a little while to walk through that and see exactly how to play it. But you cant take the emotion out of the game. Joe knows that as well as everybody, but I understand where hes coming from.Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said Torres the memo is a very, very good reminder -- a very strong reminder -- that youre going to get fined or whatevers going to happen if you choose that route. Thats fair.One of the great things about having him in this position (is) hes been in the dugout and he is where he is. I dont know what that lens looks like where he is, but I understand I definitely dont try and do his job, Hurdle said before the Pirates played at Washington on Sunday.I listen to him and I try to honor everything that he throws out there. And I think he can respect also the feelings you have to have in the dugout if you feel things arent working out the way that youd want them to work out or youre not getting calls or youre on the short end of calls sometimes. He just let us know if you go that route whats going to happen, he said.---AP freelance writer Dave Hogg in Detroit and AP Sports Writers R.B. Fallstrom in St. Louis and Stephen Whyno in Washington contributed to this report.---Follow Bernie Wilson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/berniewilson Jerry Stackhouse Jersey . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. Mateen Cleaves Jersey . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. http://www.shoppistons.com/ . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. Joe Smith Jersey . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. Jon Leuer Jersey .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. SAN DIEGO -- From the moment we first laid eyes on him, didnt we know this was coming? From the first baseball we saw him pound halfway to Saturn, we said to ourselves: That dude Giancarlo Stanton is going to hit 60 home runs someday.What we never imagined, though, was this. We never imagined there would come a time when Giancarlo Stanton would hit 61 home runs in one day.But then came Monday evening, in a ballpark where home run balls were supposed to go to die. Instead, Petco Park would become the place where the legend of the great Giancarlo was born, in a Home Run Derby show that will shine on forever. And why does it feel as though we will never look at him the same again?He hit 61 home runs in 13? minutes? gulped the pitcher who served up those 61 home runs, Miami Marlins coach Pat Shine. Thats almost inhuman.Inhuman. Superhuman. Whatever. It definitely wasnt human. Mere humans dont do the things that the Marlins larger-than-life rocket launcher did on this night. And were talking about things like this:? In the 30-year history of the Home Run Derby, exactly two men had ever hit 20 homers in a single round: Josh Hamilton in Yankee Stadium in 2008 and?Bobby Abreu in Detroit in 2005. Then along came Stanton -- to have two rounds like that in one night. With 24 in Round 1. And 20 more in the finals. Seriously?? The record for most total home runs in any of the first 30 Derbies was 41, by Abreu. It took Stanton a mere two rounds to tie that one.? The last time the Derby was held in San Diego, there were 40 homers hit in the entire event. Stanton hit more than by himself -- in nine minutes (over two rounds).? Sammy Sosa took part in six different Home Run Derbies and hit a total of 65 homers. Stanton almost matched him in one night.? Yoenis Cespedes won back-to-back Derbies, in 2013 and 14. He hit 60 home runs in the two of them combined, and it was enough to brand him as one of his sports most feared sluggers. Stanton just hit more homers in one epic Derby than Cespedes hit in his two combined.Ridiculous, friends. Just ridiculous. But it wasnt merely the sheer number of baseballs Stanton hit that this ballpark wasnt large enough to hold. It was where they landed, how far they flew, the sound they made, the objects they cleared -- hedges and palm trees, billboards and batters eyes.He hit more than 27,000 feet worth of home runs. His average homer soared an incredible 447 feet. He mashed five that traveled 490 feet or longer, 10 that went 480 or longer and 31 that carried 450 or longer. He hit the 10 longest home runs of the entire event. He hit 18 of the 19 longest. All by himself. How is that possible?I dont think anybody understands what he just did, said Oakland catcher Stephen Vogt, who admitted he stuck around all three hours just to watch Stanton hit. Thats superhuman. He was hitting every single ball well over 400 feet. I was actually scared for the kids in the field on some of the low line drives he was hitting. Its not normal to be able to create that much bat speed and hit the ball that far. It was very impressive and incredible. The first three rows in the stands were not safe.But if you think it was terrifying for the folks who were watching it from 450 feet away, imagine what it was like to watch this exhibition from 60 feet, 6 inches away. Only Pat Shine understood that feeling. He shook his head when he was asked to describe it.The sound of his bat, to be honest, when I throw to him, is just so much different than other guys, Shine said. Its loud. Its violent. Its a violent act. And hes intense. So its fun for about a split second. Then its on to the next pitch.Both Shine and Stantons teammates saw a lookk in Stantons eye on this night that told just as important a story as his home run highlight reel.dddddddddddd He didnt have to be here. Remember that. He had a rough first half. He didnt make the All-Star team. So he flew 3,000 miles just for this.So I figured its a waste of time, he said, gazing at his championship trophy, if I dont bring this bad boy home.He had rearranged his schedule and his life. For this one night. For this one event. For this one opportunity to make a Ruthian statement about who and what he is. Is it safe to say we got the message?I think this was one of the things that he wanted to do, said his teammate?A.J. Ramos. Last year, he didnt get to be here. He was hurt. And when he was in it his first time [in 2014], he didnt compete like he wanted to. And this year, not making the All-Star team, you knew he really wanted to put on a show.Hey, ya think? Stanton has always had a special affection for the Home Run Derby, always talked about it with a reverence that not everyone in his sport shares. Mark McGwire, Ken Griffey Jr. and David Ortiz once made his memories. Now it was Stantons turn to make someone elses memories.I grew up watching this, he said. Thats where you built it up, childhood memories of. Now I will have kids saying the same thing. They watched me do this. I like to return the favor.He returned it with back-to-back-to-back rounds unlike anyone has ever had, in any Derby ever staged. He blew away one former champion, Robinson Cano, 24-12, in the first round. He wiped out the leading home run hitter of the year, Mark Trumbo, 17-14, in the second. Then he crushed the defending champ, Todd Frazier, 20-13, in the third.Whats amazing is the ability to do it round after round, Marlins president David Samson said. What you normally see in the Home Run Derby is exhaustion set in. With Giancarlo, exhaustion is not part of his repertoire. And thats what differentiates him. He eats bananas and grilled cheese. So for me, thats the ultimate elixir.If it is, its one Frazier might consider adapting next year, because even a half-hour after the event, he was having trouble digesting what hed just seen from the man who beat him.He wasnt even using his back leg, Frazier would say afterward, incredulous over what hed just witnessed. Its unbelievable. It was majestic.Frazier loves the Derby himself. Loves competing with the other mortals who take part in it. But when he looks at Stanton, hes not even sure he sees someone from the same planet he lives on.Its a different beast, Frazier said. You look at him and talk to him and you hear his voice. Its a deep voice. Youre like, Oh man, I didnt know that was coming out. Its like the guy in that movie 300. Youre like, Thats the guy weve got to take down or were in trouble. We couldnt take him down.Since the moment Giancarlo Stanton took his first mighty swing in the big leagues back in 2010, weve been waiting for this. Finally, on one astounding evening, he left a powerful imprint -- of what he can do and what he just might become.I think we all knew what he was capable of, Shine said. And now its there. I think this is good for baseball, to have him be the home run king. Im not taking anything away from those other guys. But I think hes the perfect guy to take over the trophy. It was like the stars were lined up a little bit, for somebody who is capable of doing anything in this game. Hes capable of doing things that nobody has ever done.And on this indelible night of Home Run Derby heroics, thats exactly what Giancarlo Stanton did. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Online NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen