Image and video hosting by TinyPic

pjerseys.biz/]Cheap Authentic Jer

in
Über uns
11.05.2018 13:18
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Indians manager Terry Francona barely batted an eye before deciding to send slugger Carlos Santana into left field.The decision wasnt hard.We didnt show up to keep the game close, Francona said before Game 3 of the World Series. Were trying to win.Despite Santana having minimal experience in left, Francona has him out there Friday night as the Indians and Cubs play the first Series game at Wrigley Field since 1945.Clevelands designated hitter, Santana has only played four innings in left in his seven seasons with Cleveland, and that was back in 2012.But with the Indians unable to use the DH during three games in the National League ballpark, Francona was in a bind and chose to go with Santana -- over Coco Crisp or Brandon Guyer -- while knowing it could backfire.Carlos has been terrific about it, Francona said. He volunteered. He seems excited. If he makes a bad play out there, it would hurt our chances to win and then come talk to me, not Carlos. I dont think thats fair to him. I really think when its all said and done, this gives us a better chance to win than not or I wouldnt have done it.Certainly, its a little bit of a crapshoot, I get that, Francona said. But I dont think we came all this way to play it safe.The Indians are confident Santana is athletic enough, but Santana will also have to deal with nerves, winds blowing hard toward left and Chicagos Bleacher Bums who will undoubtedly criticize his every move.Francona said he spoke to his players, Cleveland president Chris Antonetti and general Mike Chernoff before making the move with Santana, who came up as an outfielder but has primarily caught or played first and third base.He had to make a similar move when Francona managed Boston, putting David Ortiz at first.He ended up coming up and throwing somebody out at third in a Cardinal game, Francona said. The rules are what they are, so, you can either complain or try to adjust. Im obviously a little uncomfortable because he hasnt done it. But still, it potentially outweighs not playing him or (Mike) Nap (Napoli). Tomorrow, well see. If I had a crystal ball, Id either do it or not, but I dont. Ive been thinking about this since we clinched, even before we knew who was going to be pitching.The Cubs have their own issues in left.Slugger Kyle Schwarber wasnt medically cleared to play in the field after coming off knee surgery, so Chicago manager Joe Maddon can only use him as a pinch-hitter.Despite missing six months, Schwarber had no rustiness in his sweet swing as he went 3 for 7 with two walks and two RBI in Games 1 and 2, providing some needed punch for Chicago after Maddon benched struggling right fielder Jason Heyward.Jorge Soler will start in right in Game 3 for Chicago with Ben Zobrist in left. Martin Jones Jersey . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Tim Heed Jersey . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shooting four times through a door in his bathroom. http://www.hockeysharksonline.com/adidas+brandon+mashinter+sharks+jersey . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Barclay Goodrow Jersey . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. Melker Karlsson Jersey . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. International Ice Hockey Federation President Rene Fasel said he had a good discussion Wednesday with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and NHL Players Association Executive Director Don Fehr about the worlds top hockey players participating in the 2018 Olympics in South Korea.No hitting, and no elbows, Fasel joked in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.Bettman described the meeting as constructive and candid.Still lots of issues, Bettman wrote in an email to the AP.Fasel said his job is to raise funds for the players transportation and insurance. The International Olympic Committee does not want to cover those costs as it has the previous five Olympics. Fasel hopes to persuade the IOC to financially support the NHLs participation.It is the only league that shuts down to participate in the Winter or Summer Olympics, Fasel said.Bettman and NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly declined to comment on a Sportsnet report indicating the league has offered to sign off on allowing players to go for gold in South Korea in exchange for the union not opting out of the collective bargaining agreement in September 2019, which would in effect extend the deal for three years.There have been some suggestions that could be construed that that discussion would be worth having, Fehr told reporters in New York. Obviously, we discuss that with players. We have begun that process, but were a long way from done.Bettman has said a decision would need to be made by early January at the latest, giving the league time to create its 2017-18 schedule with or without a two-plus week break for the Olympics.Fasel isnt in a rush.We can wait longer because we want to do all we can to keep best-on-best hockey in the Olympics, Fasel said.NHL andd NHLPA officials recently visited the Olympic site in Pyeongchang, South Korea, and have deemed it suitable for international competition.ddddddddddddWhether the worlds best hockey players go to South Korea in about 15 months is up to the league and union, though Russian superstar Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals has said he will go even if there isnt an agreement.The IOC spent about $14 million to cover travel and insurance costs for NHL players for the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia. Fasel has said the bill would be about $10 million for the next Olympics because it wont be necessary to charter planes to South Korea as it was to get players to Sochi.The NHL hasnt sounded eager about going to South Korea, but does appear very interested in tapping into Chinas huge market in 2022.When the IOC awarded the Beijing Games, it certainly created a bigger opportunity than we thought existed potentially before, Daly said in September. But it is also possible that you dont go to one Olympics and you do go to the other. I dont think anybody has ruled that out as a possibility.Fasel has been trying to persuade national Olympic committees and hockey federations to donate funds to keep the games best players on the biggest stage in sports. He acknowledged the IIHF could possibly use some of the $40 million it gets from the IOC every four years and make cuts from its development programs for boys and girls.Its not going to be easy to get this done, but thats my job, Fasel said.---Follow Larry Lage at www.twitter.com/larrylage and follow his work at www.bigstory.ap.org/content/larry-lage Cheap Authentic Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen