Image and video hosting by TinyPic

pionship, the success keeps coming.Tu

in
Über uns
11.05.2018 13:18
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

SHERBROOKE, Que. -- Winnipegs Karlee Gendron and Anna Schappert knew what to do when Manitoba lost one of its riders in the three-person mountain biking relay at the Canada Summer Games: Ride as a two-person team. Gendron and Schappert emerged from a chaotic race with a silver medal in the 18-kilometre event after teammate Hanna Boersma had to bow out with ongoing concussion issues. Gendron and Schappert discussed other options in the weeks leading up to the Games, but decided to ride the three-stage event without a third partner. "I was happy it was only going to be two because I got to race two laps," said Gendron on Tuesday, a day after the event. The 21-year-old took the first and third leg, while the 22-year-old Schappert raced the middle stage. "It was awesome to get second," said Gendron before Schappert added: "Yeah, super stoked." Gendron got off to a slow start in the first leg, but caught up to riders from Quebec and Ontario on the first ascension. Quebec Citys Andreane Lanthier-Nadeau got a flat tire near the top of the hill, allowing Gendron to pull into second. "Karlee came in and she was like go go go, Quebec has a mechanical," said Schappert. "Ontario was first, then me and then Alberta was a little bit behind us and then Alberta caught up on the climb. On all the descents I gapped everybody. "On the second half of the lap I could hear a whole ton of Quebec people yelling for Quebec. ... so I wasnt sure how far back she was so I was gunning it up the climb as best I could." While Schappert maintained Manitobas lead, Gendron was on a stationary bike first to cool down from her opening lap, then warm up again for her second. As she prepared to go back on the course she got updates from family and coaches on her teammates progress. "Anna did an amazing job with her lap and held Quebec off her wheel," said Gendron. "Then it was a battle between Frederic Trudel -- who won the cross-country -- and me. It was going back and forth on the climbs and descents and I finally took her in a sprint finish." Ontario won the event in one hour seven minutes 49.23 seconds, Gendron and Schappert finished in 1:11:16.49 and Quebec completed the course in 1:11:17.62. Both Manitobans are experienced cyclists. They have both competed in several Western Canadian Games and Canada Games and Gendron will compete in road cycling in the second week of the 2013 Games. She was Manitobas flag bearer at the Games opening ceremonies. Gendron was able to fall back on that wealth of experience for the relay instead of doing any special preparation for her two trips around the course. "I dont think I did any specific training geared towards doing two laps, but we did the cross-country course on Saturday," said Gendron, who won bronze in that event. "That was the same course as the relay so just learning the course sort of prepared you. Actually, the second lap of the relay I was a lot faster. "You know the course well, you know the conditions for the day, the mud, everything." Both riders enjoyed the relay format of the event, especially the shorter, aggressive laps instead of the more measured pace of a cross-country race. "I think the relay is just a completely different race. Its shorter for each party involved and it just gives you a different dynamic which you can excel at as opposed to cross country," said Schappert. "Because weve only ever raced one kind of race -- the cross country race -- and now theyve shifted it to three completely different types of racing which gives people way more opportunity to shine." Schappert and Gendron also liked working with each other and cheering each other on instead of shouldering all the pressure of an individual event. "It was really wicked," said Schappert. "Its nice having someone to work with because the sport can be really singly focused and when you work in a team its way more rewarding." Added Gendron: "Its totally different when you get into a team atmosphere and you have someone else that youre competing with instead of against." Manitoba was not the only team to overcome adversity. Lanthier-Nadeau carried her bike for most of her six-kilometre lap after a flat tire early on in the race. "I started running because there was no other option, because the tech zone was behind me so I couldnt go back or anything," said the 20-year-old. "I knew that my teammates were really strong and I knew that we still had a shot at the medal. So on the descents I was going on my bike and when it was too uphill or too many rocks, I had to run." Cheap Air Max 98 Pink . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. Cheap Air Max 98 Blue . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. http://www.cheapairmax98.us/cheap-air-max-98-all-white/ ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Cheap Air Max 98 Yellow . According to a report from the Winnipeg Free Press, the Bombers will name Acting GM Kyle Walters to the post full time. Cheap Air Max 98 Gold .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at Boston Strong - a citys recovery from tragedy. KRAKOW, Poland -- Its a tough life on the road for new FIFA member Kosovo.Sundays 3-0 loss to Ukraine in a Group I game staged in Poland meant the Kosovans have conceded nine goals this week at neutral venues.Fresh off a 6-0 home loss to Croatia which was actually played in Albania because Kosovo still doesnt have a certified stadium, Kosovo had to face Ukraine in Poland because the Ukrainian government doesnt recognize the tiny Balkan nations independence.Second-best for most of the game, Kosovo nevertheless kept the margin to 1-0 until the 81st minute, when Andriy Yarmolenko scored one goal, then set up another, to end a five-game winless run for Ukraine. The Dynamo Kiev winger has scored in all three of Ukraines games so far in World Cup qualifying as the team tries to rebuild after losing all its games at the European Championship.There had been fears of crowd trouble but the game appeared to pass off peacefully.Ukraine took the lead thanks to Artem Kravets deflected first-half goal. Kosovo could have taken something from the game, with Ukraine goalkeeper Andriy Pyatov coming close to an own-goal in the 61st before a Kosovan shot rattled the crossbar minutes later.Ukraine was angered by having three close penalty appeals turned down, but nerves were calmed when Yarmolenko controlled a cross from substitute Alexander Karavayev and slotted it into the net. Soon after, he set up the third goal for Ruslan Rotan, who had seen an earlier strike ruled out because offside players were interfering with play.---FINLAND 0, CROATIA 1Mario Mandzukic hasnt had much luck in front of goal for Juventus this season, but he cant stop scoring for his country.ddddddddddddresh off a hat trick against Kosovo, the Croatia star scored the only goal of the game in Finland with a simple finish from point-blank range after Finnish goalkeeper Lukas Hradecky failed to deal with Andrej Kramarics cross.That keeps Croatia top of the group on seven points, level with Iceland and two ahead of Ukraine. Only the group winner qualifies automatically for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.Finland is level with Kosovo at the bottom of the group on one point.---ICELAND 2, TURKEY 0After Icelands impressive run at the European Championship, the success keeps coming.Turkey is the latest victim, beaten 2-0 in Iceland thanks to two goals shortly before halftime. The first was an own-goal from center-back Omer Toprak before Iceland forward Alfred Finnbogason scored with a volley 90 seconds later, hitting the back of the net for his third international game in succession.Iceland went out to France in the Euro 2016 quarterfinals. It reached the playoffs in 2014 World Cup qualification, losing to Croatia, which may prove its toughest opponent in the current qualifying campaign too.Coach Fatih Terims Turkey, meanwhile, now has just one win from its last seven games, continuing a miserable year which also included a group stage exit at the European Championship.Turkey has two points in Group I after three matches. Cheap Authentic Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen