Image and video hosting by TinyPic

able to compete much beyond 2018 because of

in
Über uns
24.05.2019 07:06
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

DOVER, Del. -- Denny Hamlin has another top spot in his comeback from a back injury. Hell need to turn poles into checkered flags if he wants to make a serious run at a spot in the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship. Hamlin turned a lap of 157.978 mph Friday to win the pole at Dover International Speedway. He won the pole last week at Charlotte Motor Speedway and has three overall this season. But a four-race absence because of his injury has him needing wins to make the Chase and race for his first career championship. Hamlin, who finished fourth last week, has never won at Dover. He has only a 19.6 average finish in 14 career races on the mile track. Hamlins fourth-place finish moved him up three spots to 24th in the standings, 53 points out of 20th position, where hed need to be to be eligible for one of two wild-card berths. "I feel like were hitting our stride," he said. "Were running really well at different types of race tracks. Overall, Im pretty happy. We still need to get those race wins." Martin Truex Jr., who raced to his only career Cup victory at Dover, will start second and joined Hamlin for an all-Toyota front row. Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth and Ryan Newman rounded out the top five. Busch and Kenseth also drive Toyotas. Points leader Jimmie Johnson qualified 24th. Carl Edwards, second in the points, was 18th. Danica Patrick will start 39th. Hamlin showed he continues to be on the mend after being sidelined for four races with a compression fracture in his lower spine following a March 24 crash involving former teammate Joey Logano. Hamlin is 97 points out of the top 10 and an automatic berth in the Chase. He and Johnson are the only two drivers to make the Chase for the Sprint Cup every year theyve been eligible. "Weve been qualifying pretty good, which has really helped out our cause with our race finishes," Hamlin said. Truex, from nearby Mayetta, N.J., has long considered Dover his home track. His 2007 victory propelled him into the Chase, and another win Sunday would not only end a six-year drought, but bolster his spot in the top 10. He enters Sundays race ninth in the standings. "You always want to come here and get the pole," Truex said. "I love this place so much and have so many fans in this area." Truex finished seventh and sixth in last years two Cup races at Dover. Truex wants to win in front of all his family and friends. Hamlin pretty much has to win before time totally runs out for him to make the Chase. "I think our only play is to be aggressive," Hamlin said. "I think that to come here and try to get a good points day is irrelevant because if we dont win, then were not really accomplishing much."Wholeale Air Max 90 Australia Online . Pettersen, winner of last years Evian Championships, had nine birdies and three bogeys, holding off a series of challengers led by Marion Ricordeau of France. The second-ranked Norwegian made her season debut after missing the LPGA Tours opening event last month in the Bahamas because of a shoulder injury. Discount Air Max 90 Australia . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mooseheads (8-6-0) in front for good with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. http://www.wholesaleairmax90australia.com/ .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mooseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Wholesale Air Max 90 .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Air Max 90 Australia Online . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66.Skier Lindsey Vonn is hoping to race on through the 2019 season with the aim of competing against male rivals in her final season.The American great has the 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea as her main target as she thinks about retirement, but she still hopes to get the chance to race her male counterparts before calling time on her career.Vonn asked to compete against the men in 2012 at her favourite course - Lake Louise in Canada - but her request was turned down by the International Ski Federation (FIS). The 31-year-old has battled injuries over the last couple of seasons, but she bounced back to form in 2015-16 and clinched her eighth World Cup downhill title before being hurt again.The goal is definitely to make it to the next Olympics in South Korea in 2018, so thats two more seasons, Vonn said.But Im really hoping for three seasons, and Ill tell you why - its because, in my final season, I woould like to race against the men in one race.dddddddddddd Vonn won the World Cup downhill title last season Vonn concedes that she will be unable to compete much beyond 2018 because of the damage she has suffered, especially to her knees, in a series of high-speed crashes.But she remains hopeful that it will not be an injury that causes a premature end to her career.Eventually it will get to the point where, physically, there will only be one decision left to make. So I have to just be prepared for that. I just hope it doesnt come too soon.Also See:Sagan targets mountain titleFarah: Medals the priority ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen