Image and video hosting by TinyPic

was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicat

in
Über uns
26.05.2019 14:36
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

WACO, Texas -- Johnny Jefferson, one of Baylors two returning 1,000-yard rushers, has sore ribs from a car accident after already being out of practice because of a foot injury.Hell be out for a while, acting head coach Jim Grobe said after practice Monday.Jeffersons foot was stepped on early in preseason practice, and he was already sidelined before the car accident Thursday.Grobe said the foot injury is the bigger issue and that he isnt sure whether Jefferson will be ready for the Sept. 2 season opener against Northwestern State.Everybody handles pain differently, Grobe said. If the trainers and doctors feel like he can handle the pain and can go, were pretty apt to try to push him to get back on the field. With the running back, the problem is if your wheels are banged up. A big part of his ability is hes a physical runner and hes got great balance, but a big part of him being successful is his foot speed.The Bears should have back Shock Linwood, their other 1,000-yard rusher, who Grobe said has looked good in practice.Jefferson capped his season of exactly 1,000 yards with 299 yards and three touchdowns in Baylors 49-38 victory over North Carolina in the Russell Athletic Bowl, but Linwood (1,329 yards) missed the bowl game and spring practice because of a broken foot.Hes looked solid. He looked solid in our summer workouts and has really gotten to the point where he just wants to get in shape, Grobe said of Linwood, who is close to being the schools career rushing leader. Hes a guy who stays out extra on his own. He knows he may have to carry the football a few times. ... But I sense a guy thats on a mission.Jefferson and Linwood both missed Baylors first scrimmage Saturday. While Jefferson was hurt, Linwood was taking part in graduation ceremonies on campus.Linwood has had consecutive 1,000-yard seasons for the Bears. His 3,462 career yards are only 204 shy of breaking Walter Abercrombies school record that has stood since 1981.I didnt go at all this spring, so I was out since December. ... I was having to get myself back in football shape, but also work my mind mentally on recovering from the surgery and all that, Linwood said. So being able to bounce back and redirect myself was the most important part for me to do.Game notes Receiver KD Cannon, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in early July, practiced for the first time Monday. Were in pretty good shape as far as being a little less than three weeks away, Grobe said. That gives you plenty of time to gradually work your way back in. ... Senior defensive tackle Byron Bonds hasnt practiced during preseason camp because of a knee injury.Stitched College Jerseys .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. College Jerseys China . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. http://www.cheapcollegechina.com/ . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Cheap Villanova Wildcats Jerseys China . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Wholesale Football College Jerseys . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said.ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions have signed undrafted rookie linebacker Raphael Kirby and removed tackle Corey Robinson from the active-physically unable to perform list.Detroit also announced Monday that it has waived linebacker Dominique Tovell.Kirby played four years at Miami, making 19 starts. He was the leading tackler for the Hurricanes when he went down with a season-ending right knee injury last October.dddddddddddd---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen