Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0, the Babolat POP isnt cheap, but for someo

in
Über uns
27.05.2019 00:05
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

NHL agent Don Baizley, whose client list included Teemu Selanne and Peter Forsberg, has died at the age of 71. Baizley battled non-smokers lung cancer, and his death brought an outpouring of support from the hockey community. "Saddened to hear of Don Baizleys passing," fellow agent Allan Walsh wrote on Twitter. "He defined integrity and honour. Heaven just got one helluva sports agent." Baizley represented a number of prominent stars, including Selanne, Forsberg, Joe Sakic, Paul Kariya, Theo Fleury and Saku Koivu. He was a mediator during the 2004-05 NHL lockout and was considered one of the most influential men in the sport. "Agents rarely compliment one another," fellow agent Alec Schall tweeted. "Don Baizley was respected by all. I started off revering his client list and came to revere the man." Edmonton Oilers star Jari Kurri signed on with Baizley when he was 20 years old. Baizley had a good reputation from working with Finnish players, but Kurri almost immediately trusted him because of the way he conducted himself. "Coming from another country, you cant have it better than having Don handle your things and give you advice," Kurri said from Finland. "What an amazing (man) he was." The Winnipeg native was a member of the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame based on his 30 years of experience in the game that included two years as a player in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League. "Don Baizley was one of the truly unique individuals in our game," Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff said in a statement. "He was loyal, humble and so well-respected. He was honest yet fair and a true gentlemen in what can sometimes be difficult circumstances. While everyone associated with the National Hockey League will feel sadness today, we at the Winnipeg Jets are experiencing a huge loss because of the personal relationships he had with so many in our organization and our city." Baizleys death was confirmed by a fellow agent who didnt want to be quoted.Swell Bottle Wood Collection .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. Swell Water Bottle Clearance . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http://www.swellbottlesclearance.com/swell-bottles-on-sale.html . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. Swell Water Bottle Cheap . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. Swell Traveler Sale . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview.It can be hard to measure your play when it comes to tennis. Yes, you can keep score in a match and go by that, or you can consider the points youve kept in play and any winners youve hit. But how do your strokes look? Are you hitting flat? How much spin are you putting on the ball? Are you working your forehand as much and as well as your backhand?Im always looking to better my game, so I was excited to learn about the Babolat POP, a wristband that tracks your stats.How it worksFor me, the best technology is easy to use and doesnt have a long, drawn-out setup, which is the case with Babolat POP. You download the app on your phone, sign up and charge the sensor. Youll create a profile on the app too, where you can add personal info and a photo if you want (this will come into play if you challenge friends). Then place the sensor into the bracelet, put the bracelet on your dominant wrist and go play.What I likedThe POP is not distracting at all while youre playing. The bracelet is made of a cloth material that comfortably fits on any size wrist, and it records everything in the background (read: you dont have to hit a button every time you want a shot recorded).After you complete a session, it takes just a couple minutes to sync the data to your phone -- and Ive never had the sync freeze on me mid-transfer, which is lovely. You also can say where you played (indoors versus outdoors) and on what type of surface (hard court versus clay), if you like keeping track of that kind of data.The POP has the ability to record each forehand, backhand, overhead, smash, volley and serve, and it totals the amount for you. The sensor breaks it down further, classifying how many shots were flat versus slices, as well as your topspin. I found this really insightful, especially in a game when I knew I was more dominantly hitting backhands but no real winners -- it was because a lot of my shots were flat. Knowing that, the next time I stepped on the court, I made a point to work on hitting my backhand with a bit more topspin, so I could win more points with that shot.The POP also provides what they call a PIQScore, or a score based on a combination of your style, speed and spin. Style? Although it isnt able to record how beautiful you look while hitting a cross-court forehand, the sensor picks up on the fluidity of your strokes, which is where this number comes from. At first, I didnt think I was all too interested in a made up score the company came up with, but after using the POP bracelet for a bit, I found myself comparing my PIQScore from session to session. Its basically a quick overview if you had to sum up your session with one score, which became more appealing when looking at improvement over time.ddddddddddddhe POP also records activity, which is based on the length and intensity of your session. This made it easy for me to identify which of my sessions were actual games versus just casual rallying with a friend. It also tells you after each session what your top hitting speed was and the amount of shots in your lengthiest rally. Again, this data I just found interesting, and I even surprised myself a few times with a top speed I didnt know I was able to hit.Then theres the challenge aspect of the Babolat POP -- because what tracking device doesnt allow you to compete with others these days, right? First, you have the ability to find your friends who have POP and add them to your network by following them. I wasnt looking to use the device to compete, but rather to up my own game. Still, you have the option to create a challenge: forehands, backhands or serves and the number of shots taken. Each shot gets a PIQScore, which is averaged and then used to determine the winner of the challenge. Its a fun way to add a little competition to the mix, if youre looking for that.What I didnt likeAlthough the POP generally recorded pretty accurately, I found that it sometimes had issues differentiating between types of shots. For instance, in a match in which I hit a couple overhead shots, they were recorded as serves. It wasnt a huge deal to me, but I didnt get much feedback on my overhead shots, which I would have liked.I know this would be taking the device capabilities to the next level, but I wished it knew how many shots were in. I found it really helpful to break down my shots, top spin and speed, but what if my fastest shots were all going out (at one point, they were)? From glancing at my stats on the app, youd think these were the best shots, when in fact, I probably needed to take a little speed off to keep the ball in play and not lose the point.Worth it?Im the type of person who always likes to improve -- whether its tennis or snowboarding or public speaking. I like that the Babolat POP can give me some specific feedback and stats on my tennis game that I otherwise would have needed to figure out on my own or with the help of an instructor or coach, which can be costly.Although it wasnt 100 percent accurate, this gave me more insight into my game than I had previously. At $90, the Babolat POP isnt cheap, but for someone like me, Id say its worth it. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen