Image and video hosting by TinyPic

as been battling a left ankle sprain. He wa

in
Über uns
27.05.2019 00:09
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Australias two gold medals on the opening night of swimming competition each had a slightly different gleam.Distance freestyler and Olympic rookie Mack Horton won the 400-meter freestyle Saturday and said he was propelled by self-belief. Later in the evening, the favored womens 400 freestyle relay, led by star sisters Cate and Bronte Campbell, defended the event title and set a world record of 3 minutes, 30.65 seconds.Cate Campbell said the repeat -- even though it came by a greater margin than four years ago -- was harder because of the expectations the quartet carried.But, she added, I think Mack was the real hero.It was more than a kind pat on the back from a more experienced teammate. Horton reeled in early leader James Guy of Great Britain and held off 2012 champion Sun Yang of China in the stretch, but it was his blunt talk about doping before and after the race that set him apart.I guess I wouldnt really feel right if I raced at this stage against someone who has tested positive and didnt bring it up, Horton said of Yang, who served a controversial three-month suspension in 2014 due to a positive test for the stimulant trimetazidine. News of the sanction surfaced months after Yang, a double gold medalist in the 400- and 1,500-meter events in London, served the ban.After Saturday afternoons preliminary heats, Horton said he ignored Yangs attempt to provoke him by splashing him in a training session earlier in the week. I dont have time or respect for drug cheats, Horton said.While straight-up personal tension certainly fueled Hortons remarks, they also tap into more general and long-standing suspicion of doping in Chinas swimming program. Most recently, the World Anti-Doping Agency and FINA, swimmings world governing body, said earlier this year that whistleblowers claims of positive test cover-ups first revealed in The Times of London were being investigated.Beyond that, the overall disarray in international anti-doping jurisprudence -- laid bare by the dysfunctional process that cleared the way for so many Russian athletes (including swimmers) to compete in Rio despite compelling evidence of pervasive state-sponsored doping -- has prompted an increasing number of athletes to question a system that is supposed to protect them.Often the most corrosive aspects of doping is the internal toll it can take on the psyche of the athlete in the next lane who wonders if his opponent has an insurmountable advantage. Horton said he doesnt lack for confidence, but part of his decision to go public was directed back at himself, saying aloud what he needed to execute in the water.That last 25, that last 15, I felt I had concrete blocks on my arms, basically, but then I kind of flashed back to my statement this morning, Horton said. I dont really have a choice to let him beat me. I kind of have to beat him now. So thats what I did.Horton said he thought about the message he wanted to convey, and if a reporter hadnt brought it up, I probably would have slipped it in there somewhere. He said he hopes other athletes speak their minds on the topic.It will add even more electricity to an already charged atmosphere if they do.Cheap Football Jerseys China . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. Discount Football Jerseys . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. http://www.cheapfootballjerseys.us.org/ . According to a report from the Winnipeg Free Press, the Bombers will name Acting GM Kyle Walters to the post full time. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. Cheap Jerseys From China .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team.PHILADELPHIA -- Charlie Blackmon put on a power display against the Phillies unlike any player before. Still, the Rockies couldnt get a win in the three-game series.Blackmon homered twice to give him five for the series, but Jimmy Paredes singled, doubled, homered and drove in three runs and the Philadelphia Phillies held on to complete a three-game sweep with a 7-6 victory Sunday.Blackmon became the first Rockies player ever to hit five homers in a three-game series and the first player to do it in a three-game series at Citizens Bank Park, which opened in 2004.It was fun to watch, Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. When a guy gets in a zone like that, its pretty amazing.He is batting .548 with eight homers and 14 RBI in his last nine games.If you play baseball long enough, eventually youre going to get hot, Blackmon said. Im grateful Im seeing the ball, but Im not going to get too excited.Nick Hundley added three hits and a pair of RBI for the Rockies, who have lost three in a row and seven of eight. Hundleys two-out single in the ninth pulled the Rockies within a run, but Jeanmar Gomez got Gerardo Parra to pop out to center for the final out with the tying run on third base for his 31st save in 34 chances.Severino Gonzalez (1-2) gave up one run on two hits in two innings in relief of starter Adam Morgan, who was injured in the fourth inning.Rockies starter Tyler Chatwood (10-8) didnt record an out against any of the four batters he faced in the frame, leaving after giving up six runs -- four earned -- on six hits with four strikeouts and five walks in four-plus innings. The loss was the first on the road this season for Chatwood, who entered 6-0 with a 1.30 ERA away from Coors Field.More concerning for Chatwood was his back.Chatwood said he experienced upper back tightness similar to that which landed him on the disabled list from June 19-July 5. He wasnt able to throw his fastball away to right-handers or inside to lefties, or finish on his breaking ball. Hes unsure whether hell make his next start, and it will depend on results of furtherr tests Monday.dddddddddddd.It was kind of tight throughout, Chatwood said. Its hard when youre pitching hurt. The game is hard as it is.The Phillies scored three runs in the fifth to break a 3-all tie. Freddy Galvis hit the go-ahead RBI single, Paredes doubled home a run and Cesar Hernandez had an RBI single to give the Phillies a 6-3 lead.SLOPPY PLAYOn a hot, humid afternoon, the teams played sloppy baseball by combining for five errors, a wild pitch, a balk and a hit batter. There also was a botched tag and bobbled ball that resulted in a run for each team.Nolan Arenado had a pair of errors and Chatwood and Daniel Descalso had one each for Colorado. Odubel Herrera dropped a ball in center field for Philadelphias lone error.Certainly not clicking, but guys never quit, Weiss said. We still were fighting to the last out.SUPER SLIDEThe Phillies also had a miscue in the third inning that wasnt scored an error when Hernandez failed to apply the tag on Blackmon at second base after a throw from left field beat Blackmon with time to spare. Second-base umpire Gary Cederstrom called Blackmon out, but replays showed Hernandez never touched Blackmon.Blackmon avoided the tag with a nifty slide in which he kicked his legs away from Hernandez.Asked how to describe it, he said, Like a ninja spiderman.STREAK SNAPPEDCarlos Gonzalez struck out swinging as a pinch-hitter in the sixth inning, ending his major league-leading 19-game hitting streak.TRAINERS ROOMRockies: Gonzalez has been battling a left ankle sprain. He was out of the starting lineup after starting Saturday nights game, but said he didnt suffer a setback and the club thought it best for him to rest his ankle on a day game following a night game.UP NEXTColorado returns home for the start of a six-game homestand that begins Monday night for the first of three against the Nationals. Rockies LHP Jorge De La Rosa (7-7, 5.25) faces Washington RHP Max Scherzer (12-7, 2.80). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen