Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ethic, the type of person that he is in the locker room, the teammate sto

in Unsere Regeln 02.06.2019 05:55
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans dealt with a fans hand-held laser pointed at quarterback Brock Osweilers eyes, questionable placement of the ball on two key plays and a would-be touchdown that was whistled dead in a loss to Oakland on Monday night.Sure, the Texans were unhappy with all of those things, but a day later they know that dwelling on what happened in Mexico City wont do them any good this week. The message for the Texans was clear on Tuesday: Its time to move on.They really have no other choice but to put the 27-20 defeat behind them with the San Diego Chargers heading to town in six days and Houston needing a win to remain in control of the AFC South. Houston (6-4) remains atop their division, but the loss put them within one game of the second-place Colts.The feeling in that locker room after that game is theres a lot of football left and we have a lot to build on from that game, coach Bill OBrien said. Being in first place is a good thing. The other teams in the division are playing pretty decent. So weve got to understand what is coming down the road here, but the first thing is San Diego, getting a good start on them on Wednesday.OBrien didnt want to discuss any of the calls from Monday night on Tuesday, but he did address the laser pointer after learning more about what happened since his postgame news conference. He said that running back Lamar Miller had it pointed in his face along with Osweiler.It doesnt even enter your mind that someone would bring a laser into a game and point it at one of your players ... I think thats terrible, OBrien said. I dont know what you can do about it.While dealing with the laser pointer and the questionable calls by the referees certainly werent ideal for the Texans, they cant blame the loss entirely on those things. Their defense played great for three quarters before a 75-yard touchdown reception by Jamize Olawale tied things up and Amari Cooper took a screen pass 35 yards for the winning touchdown.Houstons pass defense entered the game ranked third in the NFL and the Texans had a rush defense that was among the worst in the league. On Monday night, the Texans allowed just 30 yards rushing, but were hurt by the receiving of the Oaklands running backs, who combined for 199 yards receiving.There were some missed tackles. Give them credit, OBrien said. But on a positive note, we held them to 30 yards rushing. So in the last three games weve done a good job against the run, but last night their running backs did a good job about us in the passing game. No doubt about it.A positive to come out of Monday nights game was the continued strong play of defensive end Jadeveon Clowney , the top overall pick in the 2014 draft. Clowney, who was slowed by injuries in his first two seasons, had five tackles, including two for losses, to give him 12 tackles for losses this season.He was very disruptive in the game even when he didnt make a play, OBrien said. Hes having a good year for us and the key for him, like all of our players at this time of the year, is staying healthy. But I thought he really impacted the game last.Osweiler , who has been inconsistent in his first season in Houston, wasnt great on Monday, but OBrien believes that he is making progress. He threw for 243 yards on Monday after managing just 99 yards passing last week in a win over Jacksonville.I think he played one of his better games and I think if he can continue to keep getting more comfortable, better and better with our offense youre going to see improvement every week, OBrien said.Game notes OBrien was asked about a story J.J. Watt wrote published by the Players Tribune on Tuesday where he discussed his health and disclosed that he had a staph infection last season. Watt is out for the season after back surgery. J.J. is working very hard to be back here in 2017, OBrien said. I dont think hell be back here this year, although technically you could bring him back in January, but were not going to do that. Hell be back in 2017. Hes in the building today, in good spirits and working to be better than ever in 2017.As far of the list of injuries ... thats probably a better question to ask him.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Swell Traveler Sale .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. Swell Water Bottle Uk Sale . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. http://www.swellbottleuk.com/ . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. Cheap Swell Bottles . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. Swell Wood Bottle . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. CALGRY, Alberta -- Brian Elliott was eager to get back in the rink on a hot summer day. After years of fending off challengers in St. Louis, the goalie has big expectations entering next season as the unquestioned No. 1 in Calgary.This is a big one for me so Im really looking forward to it, Elliott said when introduced to the media Wednesday. Sometimes you want that extra bit of summer to relax and enjoy your downtime but now Ive gotten really excited to get the pads back on and ready to get back at it.The Flames acquired the 31-year-old Elliott from St. Louis on the night of the NHL draft for a second-round pick. Elliott and his wife were on vacation in Croatia at the time.When I got the news, it was 2 oclock in the morning and I saw my phone lighting up, Elliott said. I didnt go back to sleep after that, I was so excited.Elliott has the second-highest save percentage in the league among goalies who have played at least 50 games over the past five seasons at .925, just behind New Jerseys Cory Schneider (.926).Yet as well as he has performed over that five-year period in St. Louis, he never seemed to fully gain the trust of the coaching staff that kept trying other options. He gave way to Jaroslav Halak in one playoffs, Ryan Miller was brought in to be the guy in another. Two years ago, the Blues turned to Jake Allen in the postseason.To have that good of numbers and not get the opportunity to be the No. 1 guy, sometimes its frustrating, Elliott said. But Ive always believed if you worked hard, put your head down and plowed through it, opportunitiees will pop up for you.ddddddddddddLast year, the Flames trio of Jonas Hiller, Karri Ramo and Joni Ortio collectively ranked last in the NHL in goaltending.Calgary will turn to two new goalies. Veteran backup Chad Johnson was signed as a free agent.Elliott was selected by 291st overall by Ottawa in the 2003 draft and has played 323 career games (165-99-32) with the Senators, Blues and Colorado Avalanche. He said hes ready for this next chapter.Its talked about a lot with goaltenders. It just takes longer to develop. You have to go through those experiences just to be able to be that consistent player and not really feel the ups and downs and the roller coaster of a season, he said. Just stay calm. Trust your game, trust your work and just go out and play. It takes time to learn that.Flames general manager Brad Treliving said while Elliotts on-ice performance was important, they also really liked the fit off the ice.The numbers speak for themselves but a big part of us going out and getting Brian is also the person, he said. We talked to players that played with him, teammates that have had him, coaches that have coached him. The work ethic, the type of person that he is in the locker room, the teammate stood out as much as the goaltender stood out.Also on hand at the Saddledome was Elliotts wife, Amanda, who is pregnant with the couples first child, due at the start of the season.A little cowboy on the way, Elliott said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen