Image and video hosting by TinyPic

moment Alex Gordon knew the Kans

in
Stadt
03.06.2019 05:39
von carrie567 • 405 Beiträge

Australian amateur Curtis Luck and compatriot Lucas Herbert shot five-under-par 67s for a share of the lead as Jordan Spieth struggled with his putting in the opening round of the Australian Open. Luck, the US and Asia-Pacific amateur champion, mixed seven birdies with two bogeys to upstage playing partners Spieth (69) and former US Open champion Geoff Ogilvy (70) after their early morning tee-off at a sunny Royal Sydney.World No 5 Spieth managed just one birdie on his front nine but three more after the turn kept him well in contention despite a bogey after driving through the green on his penultimate hole. A share of eighth, two shots off the pace, was a satisfactory return for the American as he re-tuned his putter after a six-week break.I made a couple of putts from outside of five or six feet but that was it, said the 23-year-old.But theyll start falling and once a couple do and I start finding that confidence, the hole looks a bit bigger, thats when we can really open the floodgates.I certainly believe in my ability the rest of this week. I didnt find the hole to be very big today. Adam Scott endured a frustrating opening day at Royal Sydney Adam Scott missed out on a chance of a second Australian Open title when Rory McIlroy pipped him on the final hole the last time the tournament was played at Royal Sydney in 2013.Thursday was another disappointing day for the world No 7 - nothing was good about that round was his verdict - turning around at one under before four bogeys and two birdies on the back nine left him with a one-over 73.Luck is one of a string of up-and-coming amateur Australians looking to join Scott and world No 1 Jason Day in the top ranks of the game and he was clearly not intimidated by being grouped with two Major winners. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price The 20-year-old is planning to turn professional after his maiden Masters appearance next year and impressed Spieth with the way he kept his composure after back-to-back bogeys at his 13th and 14th holes.I think every child at some point has a few little issues with controlling their anger, but its something Ive got really good at, said Luck, who rebounded with birdies on three of his last four holes.Herbert, who only got his invitation to play after a cheeky tweet to organisers last weekend, hit five birdies after the seventh in a flawless round that could have given him the outright lead had he not missed a birdie putt at the last. Lucas Herbert sets the early pace alongside Luck It was also a matter of what might have been for Australian veteran and Royal Sydney member Peter OMalley, who chipped in from a bunker to take a share of the lead at the 14th but dropped back after finding the trees at the 18th.OMalleys 68 gave him a share of third place with New Zealander Ryan Fox, New Zealand-based German David Klein and fellow Australians Ben Clementson and Adam Burdett.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: New series for European Tour Golfs Mannequin Challenge Rory hints at Wentworth return Dubai all-time top shots! Custom Baseball Jerseys . Spains victory rendered Frances 3-0 win against Finland meaningless as Spain needed just one point to secure passage to Brazil. Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema scored either side of Joona Toivios own-goal as France advanced to the playoff among the eight best second-place finishers. Custom Baseball Jerseys Outlet .com) - A top-10 showdown is on tap in at the McKale Center on Saturday, as the 10th-ranked Arizona Wildcats play host to the eighth-ranked Utah Utes in a key Pac-12 matchup. http://www.baseballjerseyscustom.com/. Under the deal, the Vikings will donate an undisclosed sum of money to five gay rights-related charities over the next five years. Kluwe said he wont receive any money as part of the settlement. "This will help a lot of people that really do need that help," Kluwe said. Custom Jerseys Sale .ca. Hi Kerry, Love reading your column and loved watching your analysis on the TSN broadcasts!And were now in Round 2! Bruins! Canadiens! We know all about the great games of the past from the players, the broadcasters and the writers. Clearance Custom Baseball Jerseys .35 million. The right-hander had agreed last February to a deal that pays him $3.775 million this year and allows him to earn an additional $225,000 in bonuses based on games finished.KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The moment Alex Gordon knew the Kansas City Royals were serious about winning can be traced to a cold December day when his wife heard they had traded for James Shields.The franchise had long suffered through a forgettable cast of starting pitchers, from Jay Witasick to Darrell May to Runelvys Hernandez. Hot prospects flamed out. Free agents fizzled. And every year, the Royals languished near the AL Central cellar.But things changed in December 2012. General manager Dayton Moore thought enough pieces had been assembled and all that was missing was the right starting pitcher — someone who could be the staff ace and change a clubhouse culture accustomed to losing.Moore called up the Rays and made the deal.Thats when I knew, Gordon said, that we were going for it.Two years later, a trade that was panned by many has helped the Royals reach the World Series for the first time since 1985. Shields, who will start Game 1 at home Tuesday night against San Francisco, has been everything Moore had hoped he would be.Those opportunities to acquire a top rotation starter and an impact pitcher like Wade Davis, theyre not presented year-in and year-out, Moore said. We were fortunate the timing of it was such that it was staring us in the face and put us in a position to compete in 2014.It was a gamble. The Royals sent baseballs top minor league talent, Wil Myers, and a bevy of other promising prospects to the Rays.Shields went 13-9 with a 3.15 ERA last year, helping the Royals to their best record in more than 20 years. And over the course of the season, Davis established himself as one of the most dominant late-inning relievers in the game.This year, Shields finished the regular season 14-8 with a 3.21 ERA, helping the Royals return to the post-season for the first time since their only World Series title.He started their wild-card win over Oakland. He allowed two runs over six innings in earning the victory in a Division Series game against the Angels. And he was good enough to help the Royals beat Baltimore in the ALCS, running their poost-season winning streak to 11 games.ddddddddddddHes earned the nickname Big Game James for a reason, Royals manager Ned Yost said.On a team with few veterans, Shields has proved invaluable in October. And when he takes the mound against the Giants, hell be drawing on the experience he gained in 2008, when he tossed 5 2-3 innings for the Rays against the Phillies in the only other World Series start of his nine-year big league career.Hes been tremendous, said Greg Holland, the Royals All-Star closer. He takes that starting five as kind of collectively, Hey, we want to be the backbone of this team. We want to throw 200 innings apiece. We want to push each other, learn from each other.I think he also leads by example, taking the ball every five days and giving his heart and soul, Holland said. I think once you start rattling off good start after good start, it kind of builds on itself. You want to do just as good as the guy in front of you did.Shields also keeps the clubhouse jovial between games and ratchets up the intensity when its time to compete. Once hes on the mound, he stalks around like a lion, often roaring as he heads back to the dugout after a big strikeout.His teammates took notice, adopting many of his mannerisms.I just try to be myself and hopefully its contagious, Shields said. Thats about it. I mean, I have fun with this game. I feel like Im a grinder. I feel like I have a winning attitude, so hopefully it feeds off these guys, and we have fun with it. Were all little kids at heart.Shields can become a free agent after the World Series, and few expect him to re-sign with the small-market Royals. Clubs with far bigger budgets figure to drive up the bidding to the point that Moore is forced to bow out of the negotiations.All of that is for later, though. Shields is too busy with the present, trying to win a World Series ring, to worry about any of it.Obviously we understand the magnitude of whats going on in Kansas City, he said. Were going to go out there and play our game and trust our ability to win ballgames. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen