Image and video hosting by TinyPic

go on.Its really important because now we must collect more points, bu

in Unsere Regeln 10.06.2019 09:43
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- As the accolades stack up for him in the international game, New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony says he has no trouble tuning out naysayers who want to take issue with his NBA résumé.In an interview with ESPN at the Rio Olympics, Anthony ?insisted that the prospect of becoming the first U.S. male to win three gold medals in basketball more than eases the sting of an NBA playoff history that, to date, includes only one trip to the conference finals and just two trips total beyond the first round.Most athletes dont have an opportunity to say that they won a gold medal, better yet three gold medals, Anthony said. I would be very happy walking away from the game knowing that Ive given the game everything I have, knowing I played on a high level at every level: high school, college, won [a championship at Syracuse] in college and possibly three gold medals.I can look back on it when my career is over -- if I dont have an NBA championship ring -- and say I had a great career.Anthony, 32, became the all-time leading scorer?in U.S. mens Olympic history Wednesday night, totaling 31 points -- including nine 3-pointers -- in Team USAs 98-88 victory over Australia.In his fourth Olympics, Anthony is now up to 293 points, 20 ahead of previous leader LeBron James, who has played in three Olympics.David Robinson (270) and Michael Jordan (256) are third and fourth on the all-time U.S. list, respectively. Brazils Oscar Schmidt holds the mens Olympic record of 1,093 points. But unlike Anthony, Schmidt didnt have his minutes restricted while playing on powerhouse teams.He was wanting that moment, Team USA forward Paul George said of Anthonys performance against Australia. He was special tonight. We joke about it, this being his farewell tour, but he was definitely special. Hes he reason we won this.A 13-year NBA veteran who has starred for the Knicks for the past six seasons, Anthony won gold with the United States in 2008 and 2012 after a disappointing bronze medal in 2004.Of course, because we play in the NBA thats always the goal: to win an NBA championship, Anthony said. But every year [theres] a new champion, so you have an opportunity to compete for a championship every year. This is every four years.Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski lauded Anthony after his 14 points in the fourth quarter helped the Americans pull out an unexpectedly close game.Carmelo Anthony is a tremendous player nationally, internationally, in the universe, Krzyzewski told SportsCenter. Hes one of the best players in the world. He also has the most experience by far of anyone on our team playing the international game. Hes been our leader the entire trip.Information from ESPN Staff Writer Ian Begley and the Associated Press was used in this report. Dominique Wilkins Jersey Large . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. Custom Hawks Jerseys . Down by seven with 90 seconds left in regulation, thats where they looked comfortable. http://www.customhawksjersey.com/ . PAUL, Minn. Custom Hawks Jersey China . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. Custom Dominique Wilkins Jersey . Darren Helm scored on Detroits sixth attempt in the shootout and then Jonas Gustavsson stopped Andrew Shaws shot, lifting the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-4 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night.Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez was pleased after his side fought back to claim a point in their 1-1 draw with Sunderland at St James Park on Sunday. Benitezs side fell behind to Jermain Defoes first-half strike, but stole a point late on through Aleksandar Mitrovics header.We didnt play the level we could in the first half but we were much better in the second, Benitez told Sky Sports. It was a good reaction, with the position we are in the table to come back and get the point was a credit to the players. Rafael Benitezs Newcastle drew 1-1 with Sunderland We knew they are a strong team physically and we knew it would be free-kicks, corners and second balls. We tried to play and keep it on the floor and we did it much better second half.The result leaves Newcastle in the relegation zone, three points adrift of safety, but Benitez is still confident of survival with eight games to go - especially if they can keep the fans behind them.The positive thing for me is we are still there with eight games to play, said Benitez. So I told the players after the game that was the main thing.We have to work this week and next week to prepare for Norwich. Hopefully we can change little things and keep doing the good things were doing. Georginio Wijnaldum gives his reaction to the 1-1 draw against rivals Sunderland The main thing for me is we could see the fans supporting the team, and hopefully it will be the same in every game.ddddddddddddWhile Georginio Wijnaldum, who created Mitrovics equaliser, was disappointed to just get the point.Im not happy because we wanted to win, he told Sky Sports. But its football, we played our best and we have to go on.Its really important because now we must collect more points, but Im disappointed because we had great opportunities to win. Also See: Mitrovic salvages late point Newcastle 1-1 Sunderland recap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen