Image and video hosting by TinyPic

think it was mishandled at all.Brantleys resolve was not lost on his teammates or manager Terry Francona, who marveled at his d

in Unsere Regeln 12.06.2019 11:00
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Benched from the starting lineup once again as his finale approaches, Alex Rodriguez pinch hit and flied out in the seventh inning of the New York Yankees game at Boston on Wednesday nightRodriguez has just one start and eight at-bats in 17 games since July 22 as New York traded veterans and turned toward a youth movement.Chants of `We Want A-Rod! echoed around the park at the start of the seventh. He was greeted by loud boos when he stepped out of the dugout to face Matt Barnes. They were louder when he was announced and again when he trotted back to the dugout after his flyout to right field, which dropped his batting average to .203 and extended his slump to 4 for 37 (.108).Rodriguez had not appeared in a game since Aug. 2.My job description does not entail a farewell tour, manager Joe Girardi said during a pregame media session that at times was a bit testy. My job description is to try to win every game and to try to put everyone in the best possible position to do that, and thats what Im trying to do.At the beginning of his session with the media, Girardi was asked if Rodriguez would still be in the starting lineup Thursday after Boston scratched knuckleballer Steven Wright.Yes, he will, Girardi said.New York said Sunday that Rodriguez, a 41-year-old designated hitter with 696 home runs, will be released following Fridays homestand opener against Tampa Bay.Girardi said he made a mistake by saying on Sunday that if Rodriguez wanted to play in all remaining games before his release that he would try to get him in the games.I talked to him again on Tuesday about it and said: This is what my plans were, Girardi explained. I knew he didnt like it. But, again, I have a responsibility to the game of baseball. No one individual is ever bigger than this game. No one. No one. No one.And Im not going to forget about it -- as much as weve been through together. Its hard. Believe me, its really hard.Left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez will start for Boston on Thursday because the Wright jammed his right shoulder while diving into a base as pinch runner in an interleague game against the Los Angeles Dodgers over the weekend.Its about winning the games, Girardi said when asked if he liked the matchup. Thats what its always about here. Itll continue to be that way.Girardi then went on to answer about 12 minutes of questions why A-Rod wasnt starting the first two games of the series.You could say what you want, theres a lot of relationships involved here and it bothers me sometimes because people say one thing to do and because it becomes controversial they say another and its difficult, Girardi said. When we look at this decision, were basing it on a substantial amount of at-bats -- and its not what we want. I think our hope is hed hit 30 home runs again, but that hasnt been the case this year.Girardi said he understands some may consider him a `bad guy for not playing A-Rod.It is what it is, he said. Its part of the job, I guess.Girardi explained further that Boston was in the AL East race and Tampa Bay was out of it, justifying his decision to start Rodriguez on Friday.My job is to put out what I feel is the best lineup, and thats what Im trying to do, Girardi said. Its been difficult. Muggsy Bogues Jersey Large .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Wholesale Custom Hornets Shirts http://www.customhornetsjersey.com/ . Louis Blues teammates who would also be participating in the Olympics, Alex Pietrangelo felt right at home, no different in some ways to the travel experience of any old road trip – save for the length of the journey, that is. Cheap Custom Hornets Jersey . Its an influence in football and a big part of the game. Custom Hornets Jerseys . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. CLEVELAND -- With help from teammates and clubhouse workers, Michael Brantley slipped his uniform over his head and the sling cradling his right arm.Nothing was easy this season for Brantley, who missed so much but wanted to be a part of the team photo -- a keepsake for a year he probably would rather forget.Brantley, who recently underwent a second operation on the right shoulder he injured late last season, spoke Tuesday for the first time since the Aug. 15 surgery. Although disappointed that he was limited to just 11 games, the former All-Star, who endured numerous setbacks during his failed comeback, said his only goal at the moment is to help the Indians reach the postseason.Im here for them, he said.Brantley expects to have his arm harnessed for six more weeks as he recovers from the most recent procedure in which his biceps was moved to take pressure off his shoulder.As he gets well, Brantley is cheering on the Indians, who lead the AL Central by 4 1/2 games and are closing in on their first division title since 2007.I still feel like Im almost there in the game sometimes when Im rooting from the couch when theyre on the road, except Im not able to be there for them, he said. I basically turn into a super fan. But thats all right. I get the chance to be in this locker room and be in this atmosphere and do anything I can to help a young guy, any question they have.Brantleys season never really got started.He initially injured his shoulder last September while diving for a ball in Minnesota. He had surgery in November and came along quicker than expected in spring training. He was activated in late April and played in 11 games before he was placed on the disabled list in May.Over the next tthree months, Brantley did everything he could to get back in the lineup.dddddddddddd. But every time he seemed to get close, there was another obstacle.It didnt go his way, but Brantley has no regrets.I feel like I did everything in my power and so did the Cleveland organization, he said. I felt great at times. And at times I didnt feel so well. It was something that just happened. Im not happy it happened. I want to be out there and play with my team, of course. I did everything this organization asked me to do and I know I gave it my all. I dont think it was mishandled at all.Brantleys resolve was not lost on his teammates or manager Terry Francona, who marveled at his determination.Nobody is every going to second-guess, ever, his commitment, Francona said. The guys know what hes been through. Thats part of it. There are a lot of things about him that make you respect him, not just like him, but respect him. If he could play now, he would. Hed take that sling off and play.And thats part of why we feel hell come back and hell find every way to be as good as hes ever been. Thats just kind of how hes built.Brantley anticipates being back for the start of training camp, where he will again try to get back to being one of the ALs best all-around outfielders. He has already begun rehab, which will be long and challenging.My main goal is when I come to spring training, Day One, I dont have any limitations, he said. I want to be able to play from the time they say `Play Ball the first day I get there. I dont want to have any restrictions at all and have a normal, easy camp. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen