Image and video hosting by TinyPic

HP Andrew Cashner (3-5, 4.75) is due to come off the disabled list to

in Unsere Regeln 12.06.2019 11:09
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Brandon McCarthy was off to another outstanding start in his comeback from Tommy John surgery until the Southern California heat wore him down in the fourth inning.The Los Angeles Dodgers offense wilted even more conspicuously.Matt Moore pitched four-hit ball into the seventh inning, Evan Longoria hit a two-run homer and Tampa Bay won at Dodger Stadium for the first time, 3-1 Wednesday.McCarthy (2-1) lasted just four innings in his first loss since Sept. 23, 2014, and his first in a Dodgers uniform. He allowed four hits and three runs with seven strikeouts in the shortest start of his otherwise strong comeback.The Dodgers pulled McCarthy after 83 pitches, but the right-hander said his repaired arm wasnt the reason.It was actually kind of a body letdown, McCarthy said. You can fool yourself for a while. `I can keep going, I can keep going. But eventually (the heat) sucks it out of you.After managing just one single in the first three innings, the Rays jumped on McCarthy in the fourth. Brad Miller chipped a leadoff double down the right-field line and scored on Longorias 23rd homer of the season, his first at Dodger Stadium, on a full-count breaking ball down the middle.This is the first time Brandon has thrown on regular rest, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. I just wanted to be mindful of him coming back (for) his fifth inning. He was right there at that (pitch) number where I felt was good. Overall, I thought he threw the ball well, but Longoria got a good swing on it.The Dodgers three-game winning streak ended with a meager offensive effort. Howie Kendrick had two of Los Angeles five hits, all singles.Much of that was due to Moore (7-7). The left-hander performed admirably against the Dodgers, who are thought to be interested in several Tampa Bay starters with the trade deadline looming.Moore looked ready for a pennant race, striking out five and only allowing an unearned run.Im here (with the Rays), and it doesnt feel like Im going anywhere, said Moore, who also walked four.Luke Maile had an RBI double in a three-run fourth inning as Tampa Bay wrapped up a nine-game West Coast road swing by snapping a four-game skid.The Rays (39-61) still have the majors third-worst record and the teams worst mark after 100 games since 2007.Since the All-Star break, weve played a lot closer to the true colors of our team, Moore said.The Rays were swept in a three-game series at Chavez Ravine in 2013, the only other time theyve visited the Dodgers hallowed home turf.QUITE A STEALThe Dodgers had an early lead thanks to the first stolen base in the 537-game big-league career of catcher A.J. Ellis.Joc Pederson walked in the second inning and advanced to third on Ellis single. When Ellis unexpectedly broke for second moments later, Maile tried to throw him out -- but the ball got away for an error, allowing Pederson to score.Clayton Kershaw apparently made sure the Dodgers grabbed second base as a souvenir for Ellis, who has spent his entire nine-year career with Los Angeles.Last winter, Roberts promised an expensive dinner to Ellis if he stole a base.I think he was pretty pleased, Roberts said. Big steak dinner.BIG CATCHLogan Morrison ended the seventh inning in spectacular fashion, tumbling into the stands to grab a foul pop by Kendrick.I thought it was going to go (out of play), Kendrick said. Great play by him.Morrison dislodged a large protective pad from the railing down the first-base line, but hung on to the ball while falling backward onto the concrete.With the high sky and the sun, I was just trying to keep my eye on the ball, Morrison said. I didnt know where the wall was. I knew it hit my glove, so I was just hoping it stayed in.TRAINERS ROOMRays: Morrison was pulled from the lineup shortly after his catch, but manager Kevin Cash said it was strictly a tactical decision.Dodgers: OF Yasiel Puig sat out again with an injured right hamstring. He hasnt played since last Friday, but isnt on the disabled list.UP NEXTRays: Jake Odorizzi (4-5, 4.10 ERA) is coming off the longest scoreless start of his career when Tampa Bay hosts the New York Yankees on Friday.Dodgers: After a day off, Kenta Maeda (9-7, 3.25 ERA) takes the mound Friday for the opener of a weekend home series against Arizona. Cheap Lakers Jerseys . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. Custom Lakers Jersey China . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. http://www.customlakersjersey.com/ . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. Custom Lakers T-shirts . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. Wholesale Custom Lakers Shirts . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. SAN DIEGO -- Melvin Upton Jr. capped a remarkable first half for the San Diego Padres with a magnificent walk-off home run.Upton hit a 440-foot homer on the first pitch of the ninth from Andrew Miller to give the Padres a 2-1 victory against the New York Yankees on Saturday night.It was his third walk-off homer of the season, a team record, landing in the second balcony on the Western Metal Supply Co. brick warehouse in the left-field corner.Ive seen him a lot in the past, so I had a pretty good feel for him and just got something I could handle, said Upton, who has 13 homers. `You never go up and try to hit a home run, just go up and try to put a good A-B together against a very good pitcher.It was Uptons seventh career walk-off homer and his 11th career walk-off hit.Upton said this season, his second in San Diego, is probably the most fun in a while, but Im just glad to have the opportunity to play every day, man.Upton, limited to 87 games last year due to a foot injury, has five more homers than his brother, Justin, who was his teammate with the Padres last year before signing with Detroit.Hes done it enough, hasnt he? manager Andy Green said. Its almost ridiculous how good hes been in pivotal situations. He continues to amaze. Hes a low-heartbeat guy. Theres not a lot that ruffles him. Hes really even-keel. I think to some degree hes probably gotten a bad rap for that over the years, like theres nothing that fazes him. Hes just smooth, glides through the game, everythings relaxed.Miller said he tried to throw a fastball down and away. That pitch is much better located for him. I didnt do it. I wasnt very sharp in general and I paid for it.I just wasnt very good, Miller said. It was not where I wanted to throw that ball. I paid for it, unfortunately. It would have been nice to get some more at-bats. I just didnt do my job.Miller (5-1) was starting his second inning for the Yankees.Brad Hand (2-2) pitched the ninth for the win.There were three replays that took a total of 10 minutes, 10 seconds. Among them was Matt Kemp being thrown out trying to score from second on Uptons single to right to end the sixth.I thought all thrree of those were ridiculously close today, Green said.ddddddddddddAll of them hurt us, but at the end, Melvin did what he does.Starters Ivan Nova of the Yankees and Drew Pomeranz of the Padres each allowed one run before turning it over to the bullpens.New York took a 1-0 lead in the sixth when Jacoby Ellsbury hit a leadoff double, advanced on Brett Gardners bunt single and scored on Starlin Castros groundout.San Diego tied it in the bottom of the inning when Wil Myers walked and scored on Kemps double. Kemp tried to score on Uptons single to right, but Rob Refsnyder made a great throw home to Austin Romine, who then blocked the plate with his left foot and tagged Kemp. The Padres challenged, but the call stood after a review of 3:19.The longest replay was 4:20 after Romine was thrown out after a nice throw by third baseman Yangervis Solarte on a slow roller. The call was overturned and Romine was safe with an infield single, but Nova struck out to end the inning.Nova held the Padres to one run and four hits in 5 2/3 innings, struck out seven and walked one.Pomeranz also allowed just one run, and five hits, while striking out seven and walking none.The problem tonight was we didnt score, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. Pomeranz has an outstanding curveball and we never were able to solve it. He was tough on our guys. It looked like it might be a 1-0 game.TRAINERS ROOMYankees: Girardi said Carlos Beltran, slowed by a tight right hamstring, will be the DH Monday at Chicago.Padres: Manager Andy Green said RHP Erik Johnson has a flexor tendon strain and is expected to be out for three to six weeks.UP NEXTYankees: RHP Chad Green (0-1, 7.20) is expected to be recalled from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre for his third stint with the team. Itll be his second career start and third appearance.Padres: RHP Andrew Cashner (3-5, 4.75) is due to come off the disabled list to make his first start since June 10, when he was removed from his start at Colorado with a strained neck after throwing just six pitches. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9577 Themen und 9600 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen