Image and video hosting by TinyPic

uphill affair, with Phoenix relying on balanc

in
Anwesen
14.06.2019 09:08
von carrie567 • 405 Beiträge

OTTAWA -- Marc Methot may have scored the game winner for the Ottawa Senators, but he was much more excited about Mark Borowieckis goal. Borowiecki scored his first NHL goal and considering the two are defence partners and both Ottawa natives Methot felt it was a pretty special night with their 4-1 victory Thursday over the Montreal Canadiens. "It was awesome," said Methot. "It doesnt happen very often for myself or for (Borowiecki). Were more defensive minded guys and any time you have two hometown guys score in the same game, and its a pretty important game for our fans, I couldnt be happier." Borowiecki celebrated with his teammates, but strangely enough not a single family member was on hand for the game. His parents were in Las Vegas and his girlfriend, a teacher, was unable to attend due to parent-teacher interviews. "Its just weird how it worked out," said the 24-year-old. "I cant describe the feeling; its pretty cool. I had a big smile on my face." In addition to timely scoring, Robin Lehner was solid in goal stopping 33 shots. Lehner was making his second straight start as Craig Anderson recovers from a stiff neck. "I think the "D" is helping me a lot to see pucks and boxing out," said Lehner. "I think were getting a little better chemistry and it feels good." Bobby Ryan and Kyle Turris, with an empty netter, also scored for the Senators (6-6-4), who posted back-to-back wins for just the second time this season. Andrei Markov scored the lone goal for the Canadiens (8-8-1) as Carey Price faced 24 shots. Montreal is winless in its last four games. "Its normal for everyone to be disappointed as we all want to win," said Montreal coach Michel Therrien. "Especially after playing a solid road game, but well concentrate on the good things we saw." Despite giving up four goals Therrien had no complaints as to how his team performed. "I thought we deserved a better fate. I thought we were the team that dictated the game and we had some great scoring chances, but we couldnt capitalize on them so that was a big difference." The game opened a five-game homestand for the Senators, who have struggled at home as of late with a 2-3-2 record. With Ottawa holding a two-goal lead Lehner was instrumental holding off the Canadiens in the third, stopping all 11 shots he faced. "I thought Robin gave us a lot of confidence," said Senators coach Paul MacLean. "Hes been very consistent, very solid." Despite being outshot 14-6 in the second the Senators, with 19,292 on hand marking their first sellout of the season, managed to take a 3-1 lead on goals by two Ottawa natives. Methot made it 2-1 midway through the period as he picked up Markovs clearing attempt and beat Price high. Just 37 seconds later Borowiecki scored his first NHL goal as his shot from just inside the blue-line made it through traffic. Borowiecki was recalled from the AHL less than a week ago, but MacLean believes hes had an immediate impact. "I think hes given some life to some of us that were maybe sagging a little bit," admitted MacLean. "Thats a great credit to him and his leadership abilities that hes able to come in and have an influence on the team." The Senators didnt get off to a great start in their own end, forcing Lehner to make a number of big saves. The Canadiens opened the scoring with Markovs power-play goal midway through the first period, but the lead was short-lived as the Senators tied it less than 30 seconds later. Ryan, with his team-leading ninth of the season, beat Price with Turris creating a screen. This was the first of five games between the two teams this season. Thursdays game also marked the first meeting between the teams since Ottawa eliminated Montreal in five games during last springs Eastern Conference quarter-finals. Notes: There was a scary moment for the Senators after RW Chris Neil took a puck to the face early in the third period. He did return to the game, but was already bruised. ... D Patrick Wiercioch and D Joe Corvo were a healthy scratch for the Senators. RW Erik Condra missed the game with a sprained muscle in his right leg and G Craig Anderson is day-to-day with a stiff neck. ... The Canadiens were without Daniel Briere (concussion), Brandon Prust (shoulder), Alexei Emelin (knee) and Davis Drewiske (shoulder). D Greg Pateryn was a healthy scratch. Wholesale Eagles Jerseys . The Boston Celtics hadnt played since the All-Star break. So the Suns 100-94 victory over Boston Wednesday night was an uphill affair, with Phoenix relying on balance rather than its trademark high energy. Cheap Eagles Jerseys Authentic . On Sunday, head coach Patrick Roy said the teams leading scorer will skate at Mondays morning practice and the club will make a decision on his status for Game 6 at that point. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseyselite.com/. - After spending the morning in the hospital, Logan Couture gave the San Jose Sharks the spark they needed. Eagles Jerseys Outlet . The Raptors have to get through the pesky New York Knicks Wednesday at Madison Square Garden and can lock up the third spot in the Eastern Conference with a win or a Chicago loss in Charlotte. Cheap Eagles Jerseys China .cas NHL Play of the Year showdown continues today with a man whos spent most of his career on highlight reels and a goalie actually "reaching back" for a save.Nico Rosberg has continued to plead his innocence despite being found guilty by Austrian GP race stewards of causing his crash with Lewis Hamilton. After the Spielberg stewards ruled that the Mercedes driver had failed to leave his team-mate racing room, Rosberg was given a retrospective 10-second penalty - a punishment which did not affect the race result or reduce the Germans 11-point lead of the championship.But an unhappy Rosberg said in a Facebook video: They gave me the blame, which sucks. I respect that, but I am of a different opinion. But that doesnt help. A despondent Nico Rosberg said he feels absolutely gutted to have collided with teammate Lewis Hamilton and lost a potential race win Rosberg was leading the race when the incident occurred on the second corner of the final lap as he strived to fend off his Mercedes team-mate.I defended the inside and felt in a strong position, I was convinced that I would make it stick. I went deep because that was the best way at the time to try and defend my corner, to keep him on the outside, he said.Of course I need to leave him room on the track, which I was doing, and then Lewis completely caught me by surprise and turned in.He said in an interview that I was in his blind spot so he couldnt see where I was, so maybe that might be the reason, but it just completely caught me by surprise that he turned in before we got near to the edge of the track even though I was there.So then I couldnt react and then we collided. Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg collide on the last lap of the Austrian GP giving Hamilton the lead and Rosberg a broken wing Speaking immediately after the race, Rosberg had argued that Hamilton had been to blame for the collision.I am absolutely gutted, its unbelievable, he told Sky Sports F1. I was sure to win the race and lost it on the last lap, thats pretty intense.I had the inside position, a strong position, and went a bit deep into the corner, but thats fine because I dictate, but l was very surprised thhat Lewis turned in and that caused a collision.dddddddddddd Lewis wins epic Austrian GP Lewis Hamilton clashed with Nico Rosberg on the last lap on the way to victory in Spielberg. We were battling. I was struggling a little bit with my brakes because they got a bit hot in the end and my tyres were degrading so that gave Lewis a chance.Nevertheless, I was confident I could defend accordingly and bring it home. Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has branded the final-lap incident between Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton brainless In a furious assessment of the incident, which occurred just three races after Rosberg and Hamilton crashed out of the Spanish GP after clashing on the second corner, Mercedes boss Toto Wolff described the sight of his two cars colliding as brainless.Cars colliding seems a deja-vu. Its absolutely not what we want, a livid Wolff told Sky Sports F1.We are looking like a bunch of idiots and its disrespectful to 1,500 people who work their nuts off to prepare the cars and this is why it needs to end.Anthony Davidson analyses last-lap crashIt seems that talking doesnt bring us any further so we need to think about all possible solutions and go as far as implementing the not very popular team orders.This is on the table now. This is what we are going to discuss, because maybe its the only way we can manage the situation.I hate team orders, we owe it to the fans to let them race but if every race ends up in a collision between team-mates, its not what we want. Anthony Davidson analyses the crash between Mercedes pair Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton on the final lap of the Austrian GP Also See: Hamilton wins epic Austrian GP WATCH: Hamilton and Rosberg collide Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen