Image and video hosting by TinyPic

oked volley. Tottenham ended the h

in
Bewerbungsbereich
15.06.2019 08:56
von carrie567 • 405 Beiträge

DETROIT - With the bases loaded and nobody out, Tampa Bays Brad Boxberger came out of the bullpen hoping for a strikeout and a double play. The order didnt much matter. "I was looking for the strikeout initially," Boxberger said. "But it worked out to get the double play and limit the damage." Evan Longoria homered, Ben Zobrist doubled twice and the Rays finally broke through offensively against Detroit, but it was Boxbergers relief work that preserved a 6-3 victory over the Tigers on Friday night. Tampa Bay was up 5-2 when he came on in the sixth inning. Torii Hunter hit into a double play, bringing home another run. Then Boxberger struck out Don Kelly to end the inning. Boxberger struck out two more in a perfect seventh before exiting the game. The 26-year-old right-hander now has 51 strikeouts in 33 1-3 innings this year. The Rays had gone 19 straight games against the Tigers without scoring more than four runs, a streak that went back more than three years. Tampa Bay had seven extra-base hits Friday, including a two-run triple by Sean Rodriguez in the sixth. Alex Cobb (4-6) allowed three runs and five hits in five-plus innings for the Rays, and their bullpen allowed only one baserunner. Boxberger was perfect for two innings, Joel Peralta worked the eighth, and Jake McGee finished for his fourth save. Detroits Drew Smyly (4-8) allowed five runs and seven hits in 5 1-3 innings. There were three hit batsmen, and umpires warned both benches in the sixth. After the warnings, Rays manager Joe Maddon argued and was ejected. Desmond Jennings doubled twice and scored three runs for the Rays. Tampa Bay rebounded after an 8-1 loss Thursday to start this four-game series, and the last-place Rays have now won six of seven. Detroits AL Central lead over Kansas City fell to four games. Tigers designated hitter Victor Martinez left in the eighth because of back irritation. "He aggravated his side, so we got him out of there," Detroit manager Brad Ausmus said. "The chances of him playing (Saturday) are almost nil, and well go day-to-day after that." Jennings and Zobrist hit back-to-back doubles in the third to give Tampa Bay a 1-0 lead, and Longoria led off the fourth with his 11th homer of the year. An RBI groundout by Hunter in the bottom of the fourth made it 2-1. Zobrist hit an RBI double in the fifth, and Rodriguezs triple the following inning brought two more runs in. Cobb hit Ian Kinsler to lead off the bottom of the sixth — with Miguel Cabrera on deck. Longoria and Martinez had been hit earlier in the game, so plate umpire Quinn Wolcott warned both benches. "I never thought there was any malice on either side," Ausmus said. "I didnt think Cobb meant to hit Victor, I didnt think Smyly meant to hit Longoria, and I didnt think Cobb meant to hit Kinsler. No one tried to hit anyone." Maddon said he felt the Tigers intentionally hit Longoria, but he said the Rays werent throwing at Kinsler immediately afterward. "We hit Victor, yes. Totally accident, he pulls a fastball. Then they intentionally hit Longo," Maddon said. "Were not going to reciprocate right there. Were not, its over. Were good. But then this whole other thing ensues." Maddon took a few steps out of the dugout, and second base umpire Greg Gibson seemed to motion to him to stay back. Maddon continued arguing from a distance, and after being tossed, Maddon approached Gibson and kept arguing before finally leaving. It was Maddons third ejection of the year and 35th of his career. Cobb didnt get another out. Cabrera walked and Martinez hit an RBI single. After J.D. Martinez walked to load the bases, Boxberger came on and got Hunter to bounce into a double play that brought another run home. "The double play was a big bonus, because hes in there to miss bats in that moment," Maddon said. "You want the guy to either put the ball on the ground or be able to punch somebody out. Now if you get a guy who can do both, how good is that guy?" Kelly struck out to end the threat. Jennings doubled and scored in the seventh to make it 6-3. NOTES: Peralta made his 267th appearance for the Rays, the most for the franchise by a pitcher. Esteban Yan had 266. ... Austin Jackson struck out four times for Detroit and Eugenio Suarez fanned three times. ... The Rays put LHP Cesar Ramos on the paternity list and recalled LHP Jeff Beliveau from Triple-A Durham. ... Detroit RHP Anibal Sanchez (5-2) faces Tampa Bay RHP Chris Archer (4-5) on Saturday. Lucas Nogueira Jersey . Pierre last November, only to watch St. Pierre leave the UFC octagon with his welterweight title belt and a split-decision victory. Delon Wright Jersey . Some members of the U.S. Congress arent so sure. They say Russia isnt doing enough to assure that athletes will be protected at the Feb. 7-23 games, happening not far from an Islamic insurgency that Russias huge security apparatus has struggled for two decades to quell. Russia may run greater risks in towns outside the tightly controlled Olympic zone. Suicide bombs last month a few hundred kilometres (miles) away have increased concerns, and an Islamic warlord has urged his followers to attack the Sochi Olympics, Russian President Vladimir Putins pet project. http://www.cheapraptorsjerseys.com/?tag=...ny-green-jersey. The Raptors (15-15) posted six road victories last month and have won seven of their last nine games overall. Toronto visits the Washington Wizards on Friday night. Wholesale Raptors Jerseys .twitter.com/xBTpoAKLJk — Daryl Zerr (@darylzerr) May 29, 2014 @BarDown I give to you the @SquirrelsNCHL aka the Fighting Squirels. Pascal Siakam Jersey . Kenny Miller scored from the penalty spot and Camilo Sanvezzo came off the bench to add two late goals as the Whitecaps kept their playoff hopes alive with a 3-0 victory over the sagging Impact on Saturday afternoon.SOUTHAMPTON, England -- Emmanuel Adebayor continued his Tottenham renaissance on Sunday, scoring twice to clinch a 3-2 victory at Southampton in Tim Sherwoods first Premier League match in temporary charge of the London club.Frozen out by Andre Villas-Boas, who was fired on Monday, Adebayor has quickly repaid the faith Sherwood has shown in him. After scoring in Tottenhams League Cup loss to West Ham on Wednesday, Adebayor kept his place in the starting lineup and secured the victory that puts his seventh-place team just six points behind leader Liverpool. After Adam Lallana put Southampton in front, Adebayor volleyed Tottenham level in the 25th minute on his first league start of the season. Tottenham went in front through Jos Hooivelds own goal and, after Rickie Lambert tapped in a Southampton equalizer, Adebayor slotted in the winner. "I want to thank all my teammates, they have been there for me, they tell me to keep working hard and my chance will come," Adebayor said. "To be here today I am very pleased, not just the goals but for the team and I am very happy for the new manager, the fans. They have been supporting me." The Togo striker has struggled since his brother died earlier this year. "It was emotionally difficult, he was my senior brother, for me, its for him," he said. "He left a son behind. I want to take care of him and his family. I went to the funeral and when I came back I lost my place in the team. "I kept doing my job and as my father told me keep working hard. Today it paid off and I am very happy." Belying the sense of a club in crisis, Tottenham has the best away record in the league this season. But uncertainty over the managers position continues, with Sherwood unsure if he will remain in charge for the next match, on Thursday against West Bromwich Albion, which is also searching for a new manager. "I dont want (the job) on a temporary basis -- I want it for the long term," Sherwood said. Just a week after a 5-0 rout by Liverpool heralded the end of Villas-Boas reign, this was a transformed Tottenham side -- in the second half at least.dddddddddddd Mauricio Pochettinos injury-hit Southampton side had been more dangerous from the start. A Lambert free-kick beat the wall but not goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, but the next attempt on goal was too good for the Frenchman to stop. Danny Fox burst forward and fed Lallana, who turned Vlad Chiriches on the edge of the box before firing a low strike into the bottom corner. Sherwood was somewhat fortunate not to see his side go further behind as Southamptons England trio linked up superbly. Lambert was allowed time to cut the ball across for Lallana, whose fine touch played through Jay Rodriguez, although he was unable to direct his effort on target. It was a missed opportunity Southampton was made to rue in the 25th as a rejuvenated Adebayor struck home, with Roberto Soldado keeping his wayward pass in and swinging over a cross that the striker turned home with a superb hooked volley. Tottenham ended the half in the ascendancy and continued in the same manner when play resumed, although injury meant Mousa Dembele soon had to be replaced by 19-year-old debutant Nabil Bentaleb. Despite the enforced alteration, the visitors remained on top and it was no surprise when they went ahead in the 54th. Christian Eriksen played through Danny Rose, whose low cross from the left was turned by Hooiveld into his own goal. The lead only lasted five minutes. Jack Cork played a defence-splitting pass through to Lallana and, with Lloris having rushed off his line, the Southampton captain squared for Lambert to send the ball into the empty net. After doing well to prevent Adebayor putting Tottenham back ahead, Paulo Gazzaniga was soon beaten by the former Arsenal striker after calamitous defending from a quick throw-in allowed him to strike home. Further chances followed for Tottenham as Soldado burst clear on goal and somehow shot wide, before then meeting a fine cross from the right but directing a six-yard strike into the ground and over. Southampton, though, couldnt beat Lloris again, and remains ninth in the league. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen