Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ech announced that backup cornerback Dorian Walker will be transferrin

in Unsere Regeln 18.06.2019 13:43
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Christian Friedrich had an otherwise solid outing spoiled by one swing from Cameron Rupp.Rupp clanked a three-run homer off a palm tree beyond center field and tied a career high with four RBI to lift the Philadelphia Phillies over the San Diego Padres 5-4 on Friday night.Friedrich (4-7) lost for the sixth time in his last seven decisions, surrendering four runs and five hits.I got ahead of a lot of guys and threw up strikes, Friedrich said. Obviously it would have been nice to keep that crooked number off, but you know, get `em next time.Friedrich had four strike outs and hasnt won since June 23.I thought (Friedrich) was good today, Padres manager Andy Green said. He paid for that pitch (to Rupp) but other than that he was really good all day.Rupp also helped guide starter Jeremy Hellickson (9-7) through another solid start. Hellickson allowed three runs, six hits and two walks in his first start since sticking with the Phillies through the trade deadline despite rumors he might move.Im pitching for these guys, Hellickson said. I dont know who offered what, but Im pitching for these guys and thats it.Jeanmar Gomez pitched the ninth for his 28th save in 30 chances.Alexei Ramirezs first career pinch-hit homer in the seventh pulled the Padres within 4-3 and chased Hellickson. Travis Jankowski followed with a single and appeared to stretch it to a double, but after Jankowski was ruled safe on Tyler Goeddels throw, the call was overturned because Jankowski took his hand off the bag before calling time.The Phillies scored in the eighth on Tommy Josephs single to make it 5-3. In the bottom half, Wil Myers hit a homer for his third hit of the game, slicing the deficit to 5-4.Myers homer was his 21st of the season and his 15th at Petco Park, which ties a franchise record.I dont feel super hot, Myers said. But Im obviously swinging the bat better that I was and I just want to keep rolling.Rupp padded the Phillies cushion to 4-2 in the sixth when his RBI single scored Franco, who reached on a one-out single.Jankowski scored in the third for a 2-0 Padres lead. He singled and advanced to second on Myers single. Hellickson then balked both runners up 90 feet and Jankowski came in on Jose Rondons run-scoring single.The Padres struck in the second, using speed and two singles.Alex Dickerson opened with a hit and swiped second. Two outs later, Rondons single brought in Dickerson for a 1-0 advantage.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: RHP Colin Rea will undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery on his right elbow. Rea was traded to the Marlins recently and injured his arm in his first start on July 30. The Marlins claimed the Padres werent forthright with Reas medical reports and the Padres agreed to reacquire Rea.UP NEXTPhillies: RHP Jake Thompson makes his major league debut in the second contest of the three-game series. Thompson, who was acquired last year from Texas in a package for Cole Hamels, went 8-0 over his last 11 starts at Triple-A Lehigh Valley.Padres: RHP Paul Clemens (1-2, 4.70) makes his third start for the Padres after being claimed off waivers in July. Clemens left his last outing on Sunday against the Reds with a sore back after 4 1/3 innings. He took the loss after giving up two runs on four hits and one walk while striking out five. Custom Warriors Jerseys . On Mar. 16, coming off a "fight of the year" performance at UFC 154 the previous November, St-Pierre faced Nick Diaz at UFC 158 in what would be his eighth defence of the welterweight title. Using his superior athleticism, St-Pierre cruised to a five round, unanimous decision victory setting up a much-anticipated title defence against number one contender Johny Hendricks. Cheap Custom Warriors Jersey . LUCIE, Fla. http://www.customwarriorsjersey.com/ . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. Wholesale Custom Warriors Shirts . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. Warriors Jerseys China .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. ATLANTA -- Georgia Techs leading rusher Marcus Marshall plans to transfer rather than return for his final two seasons.Marshall announced the decision on his Twitter account Wednesday. He wont play in the Yellow Jackets season-ending bowl game.Marshall started six games and led the Yellow Jackets with 624 yards rushing as a sophomore this season, scoring a touchdown last Saturday in a 28-27 victory over rival Georgia. The younger brother of former Georgia running back Keith Marshall also paced Georgia Tech with 654 yards rushing as a freshman.With the arrival of freshman Dedrick Mills, Marcus Marshalls playing time took a hit. Mills rushed for 602 yards and a team-high 11 touchdowns despite playing just eight games. He served two suspensions for undisclosed violations of team rules.Despite his off-the-field issues, Mills clearly established himself as the teams top B-back, which likely played into Marshaalls decision to finish his college career at another school.dddddddddddd.Just want to sincerely thank my teammates, Coach (Paul) Johnson and the coaching staff, and everyone else affiliated with GT for the opportunity to represent GT and their support over the last 2 years, Marshall wrote in the statement posted on Twitter. At this point, I have decided to move on from the GT football team and will be transferring in January to continue my academic and football career.Georgia Tech announced that backup cornerback Dorian Walker will be transferring as well.Like Marshall, the redshirt freshmans decision is effective immediately, and he wont play in the bowl game for the Yellow Jackets (8-4).---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen